IGNORED

Next Season

Almondsbury_red

I'd bring in these personally:

Huckerby (free), Elokobi (650k), Rasiak (1.2mil), Hoolahan (600k), Phillips (Free), Febian Brandy (loan), Jonathan Evans (loan), Vasko (100k)

Out - Adebola, Betsy, Showunmi, Wilson, Keogh, Russell, McAllister

My line up would be:

Basso

Orr Carey Evans/Fonts Elokobi

Hoolahan/Huckerby Carle Elliott McIndoe

Philips Rasiak

Bench: Weale, Fontaine, Hoolahan/Huckerby, Brandy, Johnson

Thats a possible way to go for me, what do you lads think?

dunno about getting rid of mcAllister, but then again fonts looks alright at left back and if we could bring in that kid elekobi then that would be brilliant

also not sure if phillips would come tbh, although with his contract situation at the moment anything could happen

getting rid of adebola? our tower of strength? surely not? :innocent06:

he has done well since hes been here IMO, but seemed to lack any kind of physical presence when it really mattered yesterday

hukerby I'm pretty sure is going stateside, and hoolahan i havent heard much of this season but if the unthinkable were to happen and mcindoe to leave then why not?

I think we need to get rid of Adebola, whilst Adebola is top class at holding the ball up and then distributing it, his touch is far too heavy and he often doesn't seem to make passes back to the midfield that help the team attack with force and, more importantly, pace.

thats a complete contradiction

he is top class at holding ball up but has a shit first touch?

he is top class at distribution but cant make passes?

i think adebola is amazing when we don't #### it long to him but use him as a footballer(sheff utd/preston etc)

help me out here

on the subject of signings so long as flippin earnshaw doesnt come ill be happy

i like leeds left back- johnson and ive grown very fond of barnsley right back/ centre mid bobby hassell

i think we will have to look in the youth/ reserve teams of the Premier League and bring in some loans, brandy/sturrige/vela/sears

we need more pace on the shoulder of the last defender as this always creates fear in the opposition defenders and all of the above strikers have plenty of pace

our squad as a while is fine, we maybe just need a bit of strengthening and or the addition of a top top quality player at this level if we are to maintain our position at the top end of this division

Amazing - we get promoted last year and exceed all expectations this year with a fantastic achievement of reaching the play off final and you are re building the team already

I don't even know why I bother with this forum!

yes i started out by saying we have had a fantastic season but we need to strengthen to compete next year. if you don't believe this then you must be completely thick.

I agree that i`ll be looking for GJ to bring in some fresh blood and priority for that must be up front.

I will take you to task as far as Fontaine though. You`ve stated his good points yet feel he`s not worhty of a starting place.

I feel for Fontaine this season. He started the season and , with Carey, formed a solid defensive partnership because of McCombes injury. McCombe comes back and Fonts never got another look in. Harsh because, IMO, McCombe is the one not good enough for the starting shirt. A tower in the air yes but with the ball at his feet i`ve never seen anyone look more uncomfortable and his first option always seems to be to lump it forward as far as he can.

I know there`ll be many that disagree but thats my opinion. Looking forward to the news coming out of the Gate over the next couple of months and i`m sure there`ll be some lively debates over who comes and goes.

PDG

fontaine has been unlucky and imo should atrt ahead of mccombe but i still feel we need to improve in that position.

well i would like to see damian robak of korona kielce join us seen him a couple of times when i have been in poland also tibor tizsa very good winger ticky fast and scores great free kicks also rasiak and think he would be cheap as southampton are in money trouble and i think gary johnson will look overseas for some signings as its cheaper and there wages will be lower as well but i also hope we complete the signing of tomas vasko as i think he is a great player

And SL will part with it

I know SL will but doubt GJ will exercise that option.

I'd bring in these personally:

Huckerby (free), Elokobi (650k), Rasiak (1.2mil), Hoolahan (600k), Phillips (Free), Febian Brandy (loan), Jonathan Evans (loan), Vasko (100k)

Out - Adebola, Betsy, Showunmi, Wilson, Keogh, Russell, McAllister

My line up would be:

Basso

Orr Carey Evans/Fonts Elokobi

Hoolahan/Huckerby Carle Elliott McIndoe

Philips Rasiak

Bench: Weale, Fontaine, Hoolahan/Huckerby, Brandy, Johnson

Thats a possible way to go for me, what do you lads think?

I think you are dreaming. There's no way in hell we'll be making that many changes to the squad let alone go in for/get half of those players. Elokobi only joined Wolves in January and they won't part with him. Hoolahan will probably be on the move but we don't need him and Brandy simply isn't worth it. Whoever mentioned Welbeck made a good shout though, he's definately one for the future.

Realistically, I think Byfield, Vasko, Betsy, Enoch, Russell, Keogh and Henderson will all be bombed out with JMW, Artus and Ribeiro probably being loaned out.

We won't see more than five or six new faces and I personally would be happy with Jonny Evans on a season long loan from the Mancs, Lee Croft from Norwich to nail down the right wing spot because I know he's avaliable this summer, Nicky Maynard because he would be superb long term investment and anything we spent would be at least recouped in the future along with a few others. Don't expect wholesale changes or a string of major signing's because it simply won't happen.

danny shittu - hopefully watford will sack boothroyd so they will be in turmoil, so we could get him for about 500,000

anthony stokes - seems unwanted at sunderland, maybe we could get him for 1 million

freddy eastwood - transfer list at wolves, going to want to prove himself in the championship, i would say 1 million should do it

liam miller - transfer list at sunderland - 700,000 pound should do it

shanem logan - plays for man city was on loan at stockport last season and he is suppose to be a defender but he played as a wingwe when city player man city in the cup and he tore us to pieces so i feel maybe get him on a season's loan and play him as a winger

lee croft - defiently liked the look of him down at the gate - i reckon we could get him for about 600,000

out:

vasko (returns back to hungury)

murray (coaching role)

russell

byfield

adebola

plummer (season's loan)

Not sure if its already been mentioned, so aplogies if it has, but i heard from avery reliable source that Brooker will be gone and his hamstring injury was a smokescreen created to hide the fact that he had been caught out on the p1ss 48 hours before the Stoke game. On his final warnig so GJ has bombed him.

I also heard from the source that we have signed a proven, prolific striker from a Premier League club already but in typical GJ style we won't know till the day he is unveiled.

Not sure if its already been mentioned, so aplogies if it has, but i heard from avery reliable source that Brooker will be gone and his hamstring injury was a smokescreen created to hide the fact that he had been caught out on the p1ss 48 hours before the Stoke game. On his final warnig so GJ has bombed him.

I also heard from the source that we have signed a proven, prolific striker from a Premier League club already but in typical GJ style we won't know till the day he is unveiled.

Here we ###### go

Not one for rumours but that or something along that line would explain his transformation from hero to zero in the space of a week ...

Interesting, becauase when i listened to GJ's matchtch reveiw (the section about fine tuning the squad in the summer), it sounded like he has lined at least one player up already.

Interesting, becauase when i listened to GJ's matchtch reveiw (the section about fine tuning the squad in the summer), it sounded like he has lined at least one player up already.

I am usually one to 'tut tut' at the old 'reliable source' shout cause it sounds like its going to be a load of old rubbish. However this guy told me about Marvellous Marvin, Byfield, McIndoe and the most importantly the Trundle signing way before anything appeared anywhere, so i wouldn't set myself up for the inevitable crticism if it wasn't true. On the other hand he knew sod all of Carle, Adebola or Sproule so he doesn't know everything!!

Ben Wilkinson - 18yo son of Howard Wilkinson, was at Hull. Been on loan at Gretna and looked deadly at left back and left midfield, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a tria.

Wouldn't mind poaching Victor Moses, off Palace if we could atract him.

Andy Cole or Kevin Phillips, we need someone experience up front who can score and give us an edge.

Wouldn't want Cotterill back, but wouldn't say no to Sam Dalla Bona, currentlty at Napoli, once played for Chelsea and he is still young, hinted last month in an interview he would like to give the English game another go. Prob cost 500k - 1m having gone on a free to Napoli after Ac Milan released him but he looks quality in Seria B and has not played much since they got promoted. Rangers were mentioned by his agent but I think he is the type of attacking right winger we need and would be worth going for.

Jerónimo Figueroa Cabrera is another worth a look, been on loan from Deportivo all season and just turned down a contract with that club. Exrez Cd can't afford his wages but he is another future star worth a rain check.

Those would interest me of the not so well known ones within capabilities.

thats a complete contradiction

he is top class at holding ball up but has a shit first touch?

he is top class at distribution but cant make passes?

i think adebola is amazing when we don't #### it long to him but use him as a footballer(sheff utd/preston etc)

help me out here

I clearly didn't explain what I was saying very well.

What I mean is that he can stay strong and get the ball down to his feet using his chest but then if he then tries to run at a player or turn and try and out-muscle a player, I personally think that his touch is too heavy and he often ends up losing possession.

With reference to my comments about his distribution...he CAN distribute the ball well but quite a lot of the time I see him play a lazy pass that doesn't reach the player or makes the receiving player have to struggle to control the ball, causing us to lose any momentum we had going forward.

Hopefully I have made it clearer now.

you know, it makes me wonder if it is lita who is lined up. people have mentioned that reading still owe us money, obviously they don't, but our percentage of a sell on fee would realistically be worth 1-1.5m, which in effect, makes any transfer fee paid by us that much cheaper than anyone else would have to pay. If he doesnt come to us, hopefully he goes to Bolton or somewhere else so our sell on clause is paid out. If GJ went for him, I would be very happy, if anyone can get him to knuckle down, its GJ.

Si.

you know, it makes me wonder if it is lita who is lined up. people have mentioned that reading still owe us money, obviously they don't, but our percentage of a sell on fee would realistically be worth 1-1.5m, which in effect, makes any transfer fee paid by us that much cheaper than anyone else would have to pay. If he doesnt come to us, hopefully he goes to Bolton or somewhere else so our sell on clause is paid out. If GJ went for him, I would be very happy, if anyone can get him to knuckle down, its GJ.

Si.

I love all the rumours + gossip.

Even whenI konw GJ has his plans (+ plans B's) in place.

Watch this space, Gary will get a quality striker and we'll do a WBA.

I love all the rumours + gossip.

Even whenI konw GJ has his plans (+ plans B's) in place.

Watch this space, Gary will get a quality striker and we'll do a WBA.

funny isnt it, and if no one is in by the start of july we will all be going mad saying how we are doomed, just like last year!

Heard rumours of David Healy!

Guest RyanBCFC
danny shittu - hopefully watford will sack boothroyd so they will be in turmoil, so we could get him for about 500,000

anthony stokes - seems unwanted at sunderland, maybe we could get him for 1 million

freddy eastwood - transfer list at wolves, going to want to prove himself in the championship, i would say 1 million should do it

liam miller - transfer list at sunderland - 700,000 pound should do it

shanem logan - plays for man city was on loan at stockport last season and he is suppose to be a defender but he played as a wingwe when city player man city in the cup and he tore us to pieces so i feel maybe get him on a season's loan and play him as a winger

lee croft - defiently liked the look of him down at the gate - i reckon we could get him for about 600,000

out:

vasko (returns back to hungury)

murray (coaching role)

russell

byfield

adebola

plummer (season's loan)

Agree with all of that.

:englandsmile4wf:

Archived