IGNORED

Next Season

Almondsbury_red

firstly i have to start of by saying what a wonderful season we have had. know-one could of imagined this at the start of the season.

we need to bring in new players to freshen up the team and improve it becuase we have punched above our weight all season and on paper have an inferior squad to most of the teams in the top 6. i would like to see us bring in a new centre half for next season. mccombe is awful on the floor and gets caught out with his lack of pace. fontaine isn't the quickest but is our fastest centre half. he i s a decent ball playing centre half but imo not good enough to start for a team challenging fro promotio. we need a quick strong centre half to partner carey.

it's obvious we need a right winger as not one of our three wingers has performed at all this season. we should be looking for someone with championship experience becuase that's another thing we lack.

2 striker is a must. adebola is ok but not the best. trundle has finally started to show why we paid a million pound for him but still hasn't produced enough of the course of the season. byflield i think will leave as will showumni and possibly brooker. a pacy striker is defiantely something we need. just look at the difference a striker with pace makes yesterday campbel could pick the ball up and take our players on on the break. i will probably be slated for this but lita would be a good signing.

Just reading through Footy rumours (I know its not great site for truth...) but celtic fans all saying that Riordan will be released... is this someone may have a look at again??

Another rumours site CLICK HERE has hull signing Christian Vieri...... I would laugh my head off if that ever happened, hes absolutely useless.......!!

IMO there isn't alot wrong, we definately need a striker (if not 2) with pace & strength (ala Ishmael Miller, WBA).

We are not going to be spending millions during the summer due to the big loss this season, so GJ is going to have to look for good young Premier League loan signings (ala Fraser Campbell, Man Utd), Arsenal have some very good kids coming through as do a few other teams.

Other than that try Tristan Plummer and the rest of the kids, they play with no fear.

BCAGFC

Left back, Christian Ribeiro?

centre half, Jonny Evans (season long loan, similar deal that took Shawcross to Stoke?)

two strikers, Nicky Maynard, Danny Webber

right winger. Lee Croft/Dave Cotterill

All with pace. That'll do me.

I'd be happy with those signings myself as all of them have pace, directness and age on their side. We need to give Ribeiro a decent run to make left back his own as well to get him experience before eventually moving him inside in the coming years.

Left-Back - McAllister's OK but if we're looking to progress I would see him as a 'weak' link

Right-Wing - Despite more signings than anyother position (Sproule,Betsy & Wilson) we still resorted to a central midfielder playing there for our biggest ever game, personally would love to see Cotterill back.

Two Strikers - Any combination of Eastwood, Sharp, Garner, Maynard or Paterson would be very nice and in competion with Brooker, Trundle & Adebola would mean we have plenty of competition.

In addition to this I would like to see GJ use Myrie-Williams, Ribeiro and Plummer much more next season especially Ribeiro as we're going to have to find a Carey replacement within the next couple of years.

Elokobi, Croft, Webber and Halmosi would all do me.

They said so.

Elokobi and Halmosi would be great additions to the squad but doubt we'd be able to get them without parting with serious cash. Webber and Croft on the other hand I am reliably told they'll be sold this summer. Roeder doesn't like Croft and Webber is surplus to requirements at Sheff Utd so we could probably get the pair of them for under £500k I'd have thought...

Left back, centre half, two strikers, right winger. All with pace. That'll do me.

I'd go along with that plus one of Brian Howard or Ben Watson and in an ideal world, both.We need goals from midfield and assists.

Left-Back - McAllister's OK but if we're looking to progress I would see him as a 'weak' link

Right-Wing - Despite more signings than anyother position (Sproule,Betsy & Wilson) we still resorted to a central midfielder playing there for our biggest ever game, personally would love to see Cotterill back.

Two Strikers - Any combination of Eastwood, Sharp, Garner, Maynard or Paterson would be very nice and in competion with Brooker, Trundle & Adebola would mean we have plenty of competition.

In addition to this I would like to see GJ use Myrie-Williams, Ribeiro and Plummer much more next season especially Ribeiro as we're going to have to find a Carey replacement within the next couple of years.

I'd like to see Ribiero get a chance, but he's more of a right back-GJ is more of a buyer than a developer so it'll be tough for the kids and the striker with pace could be JMW after a years experience and muscle?

Cotterill can play right wing or as a central striker where he had a couple of outstanding games for us and I wouldn't have a problem with Lita.

Eastwood & Sharp haven't exactly set the world alight at this level, Garner's coming back from a bad injury and Maynard's also unproven and would cost a bundle.LT's not good enough in the CCC with five goals in 40+ starts & sub appearances and we could offer him to Leeds now that Donny beat them as they could afford his wages and he's proven at that level.

Brooker? The bloke's never fit

Guest RyanBCFC

Left back, Christian Ribeiro?

centre half, Jonny Evans (season long loan, similar deal that took Shawcross to Stoke?)

Midfielder - Francesco Merida on loan from arsenal, bit of experience like what bendtner got at brum last season, maybe bit ambitous though.

Medy Elito from colchester, good fast young tricky player who top clubs have looked at ?

two strikers, Nicky Maynard/Huckerby/Beckford

right winger. Lee Croft/Dave Cotterill

paul mcshane?

saw him play for republic of ireland last night and he looked pretty shockin

was at fault for serbia's goal

as for the others i dunno but i reckon we do need another centre back just to keep the others on their toes

as for strikers....

lita i aint sure about, but i reckon if anyone is going to change his attitude problem then it will be gj

i also reckon cotterill is a good shout. when he played for us he did exactly what ivan didnt do yesterday apart from once, take his man on and get in a dangerous cross

lee croft looked a real handful against us though so i wouldnt be disappointed if we signed him

firstly i have to start of by saying what a wonderful season we have had. know-one could of imagined this at the start of the season.

we need to bring in new players to freshen up the team and improve it becuase we have punched above our weight all season and on paper have an inferior squad to most of the teams in the top 6. i would like to see us bring in a new centre half for next season. mccombe is awful on the floor and gets caught out with his lack of pace. fontaine isn't the quickest but is our fastest centre half. he i s a decent ball playing centre half but imo not good enough to start for a team challenging fro promotio. we need a quick strong centre half to partner carey.

it's obvious we need a right winger as not one of our three wingers has performed at all this season. we should be looking for someone with championship experience becuase that's another thing we lack.

2 striker is a must. adebola is ok but not the best. trundle has finally started to show why we paid a million pound for him but still hasn't produced enough of the course of the season. byflield i think will leave as will showumni and possibly brooker. a pacy striker is defiantely something we need. just look at the difference a striker with pace makes yesterday campbel could pick the ball up and take our players on on the break. i will probably be slated for this but lita would be a good signing.

Amazing - we get promoted last year and exceed all expectations this year with a fantastic achievement of reaching the play off final and you are re building the team already

I don't even know why I bother with this forum!

Amazing - we get promoted last year and exceed all expectations this year with a fantastic achievement of reaching the play off final and you are re building the team already

I don't even know why I bother with this forum!

looking at your posts you havnt i don't think you,ll be missed CHEERIO ,CHEERIO ,CHEERIO

I'd bring in these personally:

Huckerby (free), Elokobi (650k), Rasiak (1.2mil), Hoolahan (600k), Phillips (Free), Febian Brandy (loan), Jonathan Evans (loan), Vasko (100k)

Out - Adebola, Betsy, Showunmi, Wilson, Keogh, Russell, McAllister

My line up would be:

Basso

Orr Carey Evans/Fonts Elokobi

Hoolahan/Huckerby Carle Elliott McIndoe

Philips Rasiak

Bench: Weale, Fontaine, Hoolahan/Huckerby, Brandy, Johnson

Thats a possible way to go for me, what do you lads think?

ST holder unfortunately mate - so going no where but will always stay positive even though it offends people such as yourself

unfortunatley is right so what your sayin is in your opinion that we don't need to bring in any more players for next season :disapointed2se:

I think that Lita would be a good signing but I'm not sure if we would be able to attract him here. What reason has he got to leave Reading, unless a Prem team want him? Reading are in a good position to bounce straight back...and the last day of the Prem this season proved that they can score, and that had been their problem most of the season.

I think we need to get rid of Adebola, Byfield, Showunmi and Brooker. Brooker is too injury prone, Byfield just hasn't made enough of an impact, same with Showunmi, and personally, whilst Adebola is top class at holding the ball up and then distributing it, his touch is far too heavy and he often doesn't seem to make passes back to the midfield that help the team attack with force and, more importantly, pace.

We need a couple of new strikers, one with pace, and one to replace Adebola (if he does leave - although I very much doubt it).

And we need a right winger...although Sproule has impressed me when I have seen him play. But really, as this season has shown, I think the rest of the team is pretty well balanced. With a few younger players developing this coming season, we could potentially have an even more powerful promotion-hungry squad.

I agree that i`ll be looking for GJ to bring in some fresh blood and priority for that must be up front.

I will take you to task as far as Fontaine though. You`ve stated his good points yet feel he`s not worhty of a starting place.

I feel for Fontaine this season. He started the season and , with Carey, formed a solid defensive partnership because of McCombes injury. McCombe comes back and Fonts never got another look in. Harsh because, IMO, McCombe is the one not good enough for the starting shirt. A tower in the air yes but with the ball at his feet i`ve never seen anyone look more uncomfortable and his first option always seems to be to lump it forward as far as he can.

I know there`ll be many that disagree but thats my opinion. Looking forward to the news coming out of the Gate over the next couple of months and i`m sure there`ll be some lively debates over who comes and goes.

PDG

Pretty obvious that brilliant as the season has been, we lack two things, namely sufficient pace in the side and a guy up front who will score regularly at this level, and so as Nibor says our 5 targets should be 2 strikers, a right winger, a centre back and a left back.

Lee Croft was very impressive for Norwich and is a realistic target for the right wing berth, I'd hope for one biggish money signing up front such as Earnshaw plus a cheaper gamble like the out of contract Nathan Tyson or maybe someone from abroad as well, giving us Adebola, Trundle and the cheaper signing effectively competing for one place. No real idea on the defenders as they tend not to stand out, but I'd love to see Matt Hill back as real competition for Jamie McAllister.

I'd not pursue our interest in Vasko and would also release Henderson, Keogh, Murray, Russell, Showunmi and Byfield plus a couple of the first year professionals and also be prepared to let Betsy and Brooker go if we can find anyone who will take over their contracts.

Edit, just seen PDG's comments above, 100% correct re Fontaine, good yesterday and one of our very best this season, IMO.

Archived