IGNORED

Fao Red Goblin

screech

Actually, forget the above!

"Drink up thy Zider" will do just fine, as our National (and Bristolian), anthem!

:winner_third_h4h:

As usual Manchester United FC have beaten us to it again (they beat us 1-0 in the 1909 FA Cup Final) with their 'Republik of Mancunia' website.......

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/

They also state they've won the European Cup 3 times without killing anyone - a reference to Liverpool FC?.....

583442_5339742_huge.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II is actually from a German descended aristocratic family - the Saxe-Coburg-Gothas. She is an unelected head of state and even her legitimate right to be Queen is debateable as academics argue that the last legitimate Monarch of England - by 'birthright' - was King Richard III. The Monarchy may even be highly illegal in this country as England was declared a Republic in May 1649 by Act of Parliament - the English Parliament being the winning side in the English Civil War.

Surely his "birthright" is suspect given the Norman conquest (another play-off final we lost!). And then you got all those Vikings - and then all those Romans. What a mess - going to take someone a long time to work out who really should be Queen - maybe it's you Red?

Surely his "birthright" is suspect given the Norman conquest (another play-off final we lost!). And then you got all those Vikings - and then all those Romans. What a mess - going to take someone a long time to work out who really should be Queen - maybe it's you Red?

Ahhh, but when what is now England was a Roman province a Caesar was head of state. The Viking descended King Harold was not a legitimate successor to the English thrown but the Anglo-Saxon related King William the bastard was apparently. Anyway, why should I be 'Queen' when I've got the necessary tackle and pedigree to succeed Oliver Cromwell as an 'English Caesar'. Hail Goblin you'll cry when I'm crowned with laurel leaves. :icecream:

Come to think of it, I don't like the idea of being Caesar as I don't want a knife in my back.....

pic2.jpg

Don't rise to Goblin's bait, he hates the monarchy, the police, and anything which smacks of "establishment", though he never says what he would do about the imposition of law and order as an alternative to the "fascist gestapo police", etc. etc. etc :sleeping: .

Personally I'd rather have an unelected constitutional monarch if the alternative was "President Thatcher"

Ahhh, but when what is now England was a Roman province a Caesar was head of state. The Viking descended King Harold was not a legitimate successor to the English thrown but the Anglo-Saxon related King William the bastard was apparently. Anyway, why should I be 'Queen' when I've got the necessary tackle and pedigree to succeed Oliver Cromwell as an 'English Caesar'. Hail Goblin you'll cry when I'm crowned with laurel leaves. :icecream:

Come to think of it, I don't like the idea of being Caesar as I don't want a knife in my back.....

pic2.jpg

Just imagine, Red Goblin's Court Service, Red Goblin's Prison Service and Red Goblin's Constabulary.

pic2.jpg

the one who played himself in "life of brian"?

"bwain eh"

"no brian"

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

I'm surprised Red Goblin didn't point out to all the rather cosy relationship the Royals have to each other as evidenced by the Royal Disease, hemophilia.

"Your sister is your mother,

The Royal Family"

Don't rise to Goblin's bait,

The nature of a Goblin being conceived as evil and malicious or merely playful and mischievous?

Your Red Army avatar entitles you to have a look at a Red Army anthem as sung by a Josef Stalin Peace Prize laureate.....

I was about to sit down until I looked to my right and saw the old gentleman, hand on his heart, barking out the National Anthem -personally I think Nationdom is over rated and led to sayings like they are over here, I pretty much think the same about religion and would abolish that too - as a national anthem I would go for John Lennon's Imagine.

And wasn't it the Barmy Army who sang "God save YOUR gracious Queen" at the Ashes games in Oz?

Don't rise to Goblin's bait, he hates the monarchy, the police, and anything which smacks of "establishment", though he never says what he would do about the imposition of law and order as an alternative to the "fascist gestapo police", etc. etc. etc :sleeping: .

Personally I'd rather have an unelected constitutional monarch if the alternative was "President Thatcher"

Or Bush, or Blair or any of a number of 'em. Can't see democracy working too well either!

"Jerusalem" may be the best choice as 'England' is mentioned in the verses. I was very surprised at the end of the European Cup final in Moscow last week when they had "Jerusalem" played to represent the winning of that trophy by an English team. It sounded really good and patriotic - ours is a green and pleasant land with all the bloody rain we get. :whistle2:

I'm pretty certain that the music played at the end of the Champions League final was in fact not Jerusalem, but the hymn "I vow to thee my country" - otherwise Jupiter from the Planet Suite by Gustav Holst. Still a very fine and rousing melody with stirring words, often used at State occasions. :englandsmile4wf:

"La Marseillaise" - the French anthem is truely awesome. It became the rallying call of the French Revolution and received its name because it was first sung on the streets by volunteers (fédérés) from Marseille. La Marseillaise was composed by Claude-Joseph Rouget de Lisle in 1792 and was declared the French national anthem in 1795 and it's all about French Revolutionary Republicans resisting Royalist tyranny. :dancing6:

Allons enfants de la patrie

Le jour de gloire est arrive

Contre nous de la tyrranie

L'etendard sanglant est leve

Entendez vous dans les campagnes

Mugir ses feroces soldats

Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras

Egorger vos fils et vos compagnes

Aux armes citoyens, formez vos bataillons

Marchons, marchons, qu'un sang impure

Abreuve nos sillons

From memory (learnt at school c1972) so apologies for any errors. Had to get it out of my system.

By the way, if you're agin the 1832 Reform Act, do you agree with me that South Bristol (including Ashton Gate, Bedminster etc) should be returned to Somerset, pronto, so BCFC becomes Somerset's principal football club??

Allons enfants de la patrie

Le jour de gloire est arrive

Contre nous de la tyrranie

Entendez vous dans les campagnes

Mugir ses feroces soldats

Ils viennent jusque dans nos bras

Egorger vos fils et vos compagnes

Aux armes citoyens, formez vos bataillons

Marchons, marchons, qu'un sang impure

Abreuve nos sillons

From memory (learnt at school c1972) so apologies for any errors. Had to get it out of my system.

By the way, if you're agin the 1832 Reform Act, do you agree with me that South Bristol (including Ashton Gate, Bedminster etc) should be returned to Somerset, pronto, so BCFC becomes Somerset's principal football club??

I'm Bristolian born in the City and County of Bristol.....you can't have large chunks of South Bristol back under Somersetshire control I just can't allow it. Sorry. :icecream:

From the film 'Casablanca' - the French National Anthem - the French outsing the Germans who have, at this time, occupied mainland France under a terrible Gestapo tyranny..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYbEPZVVIA

Drink up thee Cider and Bounce around the ground were played and sung along to with DaveL compering on the pitch.

Much too early though, ground barely half full with most of the singers still in the bars. :disapointed2se:

I would have liked to have been in the bar myself but that was the time slot I was given by Wembley. Clearly the Hull team recognised me as our secret weapon as they came out onto the pitch while I was in the middle of doing our birthday dedications. I had my back to the tunnel so I wasn't sure whether the Hull fans were cheering me, or the City fans were booing me :-)

As for the rest of this thread, I think that Red Goblin should be made head of state and that somebody should write a national anthem in his honour.

The nature of a Goblin being conceived as evil and malicious or merely playful and mischievous?

Your Red Army avatar entitles you to have a look at a Red Army anthem as sung by a Josef Stalin Peace Prize laureate.....

That's a glorious anthem_makes you want to jump into your T-34 and take on the fascists.

I believe the tune itself is still retained as an anthem by the modern Russian state.

USSR was a sociological model of dictatorship that ruled by subjugation and fear of its civilians, yet proported to work for the common good of the people.

USSR was a sociological model of dictatorship that ruled by subjugation and fear of its civilians, yet proported to work for the common good of the people.

Democracy is a sociological model that rules by fear of it civilians yet purports to work for the common good.

S'all rubbish really innit?

According to Wikipedia Adge Cutler was born 1930 in Bristol and he died 5 May 1974 in Chepstow. Listening to Adge Cutler sing and speak always reminds me of my own City supporting Grandfather and he was from St Judes in Bristol.

yh he did on the roundabout by my house in cheppo

Yes, I often get sent to the Gulag for years of hard labour just for the fact I state that I don't like this government

Ah yes, plenty of people currently being detained because they "pose a threat". Have a look at the number of new laws passed since 1997 that curb our personal freedom.

But, this is a BCFC forum so no more will come from me.

Ah yes, plenty of people currently being detained because they "pose a threat". Have a look at the number of new laws passed since 1997 that curb our personal freedom.

But, this is a BCFC forum so no more will come from me.

A few of our very own supporters were at the boot end of West Midlands Police corruption a few years back. All arrested for having had a pre match pint. Since when have our Police arrested Champagne glugging Toffs entering Ascot races? The Police always attack football supporters as we're easier targets for their corruption. We are indeed 'One Nation under CCTV' and no other country on Earth is watched anything like as much by CCTV as we are. The USSR's leadership never inflicted such a massive spy camera network on their population.

Ahem, today's UK Police camera state is becoming the model of the CCTV dictatorship that George Orwell warned us of in his nightmare vision best seller '1984'......

Banksy2CCTVSPL_468x443.jpg

Despite being observed by CCTV cameras, elusive grafitti artist Banksy managed to create his latest - and biggest - work to date under the cover of darkness to highlight the oppressive nature of the state we're in :clapping: ........

NewBanksyES_468x643.jpg

Archived