IGNORED

Why Did They Ever Rebuild Wenbley There?

lukeandryan123

My first trip to the new Wembley and wow what a stadium, yeah there were things that maybe could have better but overall its a footballing masterpiece!!

However, why oh why did they rebuild it in the armpit of London.

God what a shite hole around Wembley!!

We had to walk right through the heart of it on our way to the northbound tube station and forgetting the nationalities of everyone, the place is a ######*** dump!!

Some fore thought by the governmnt and the FA and they could have had a purpose built stadium with a mini town around it of shops (something for the girls, he he) bars, food halls etc and all been new and nice with good car parking and transport links.

Losing didnt make it any worse as i thought it was a shit hole 22 years ago when we won!

My first trip to the new Wembley and wow what a stadium, yeah there were things that maybe could have better but overall its a footballing masterpiece!!

However, why oh why did they rebuild it in the armpit of London.

God what a shite hole around Wembley!!

We had to walk right through the heart of it on our way to the northbound tube station and forgetting the nationalities of everyone, the place is a ######*** dump!!

Some fore thought by the governmnt and the FA and they could have had a purpose built stadium with a mini town around it of shops (something for the girls, he he) bars, food halls etc and all been new and nice with good car parking and transport links.

Losing didnt make it any worse as i thought it was a shit hole 22 years ago when we won!

Should have built it near the NEC, said it at the time, it's central and it has fantastic road rail and airport access. Oh and it would have cost 2/3rds of the price too.

Should have built it near the NEC, said it at the time, it's central and it has fantastic road rail and airport access. Oh and it would have cost 2/3rds of the price too.

would it feel the same though? i doubt it would have the same effect on the fans and just be another big stadium.

In 1923 Britain staged the British Empire Exhibition and required a stadium for some of the events and it had to be somewhere in London.

At Wembley there was a large expanse of derelict land that no one wanted so the stadium was built there. When rebuilding came due, meant it was rebuilt there and not somewhere in the centre of the country (just like the Olympics, it MUST be in London).

Archived