IGNORED

Met Police

Bristoliain

I noticed that to - despite being there is large numbers they were very laid back and amicable.I saw PC agree to take a photo of some Hulls fans who joked about him not running off with their camara.

The Met police treated us with respect - unlike a lot of police forces who do the exact opposite.

Stopped with my mates(eight of us) when walking for to Marlybone Station prior to the match , held for 25 mins searched and had to give our names and dob and then wait for the names to be run through the Police computer. I thought that having being stopped searched and detain we should of been giving a form?

Also the 2030 from Paddington, the Police were poor. We were told that the train was leaving from platform 8 but this was a ploy from the Police to keep City fans held in a corner, I was told this from the train gaurd on the way back. Anyway waiting at Platform 8 by now is 2045 a train pulls in for some reason the Police started pushing people and was getting very angry. Everyone boarded the train then the police got on and told us this Train was going anywhere. So we all had to get of the train. Then an annoucment came over the Public Address system that the train to Temple meads was about to depart from platform 2, thus now we have 500 people running from platform 2 to 8.

I think most fans got on the train. Then when I questioned the gaurd about the confusing who sympathies with us he said it was all to do with the Police, to give us the run around. Can you think of any other section of our communtiy that gets so many problems from the Police,they seem to forget that most of us have jobs and familes and are law abbiding.

Stopped with my mates(eight of us) when walking for to Marlybone Station prior to the match , held for 25 mins searched and had to give our names and dob and then wait for the names to be run through the Police computer. I thought that having being stopped searched and detain we should of been giving a form?

Also the 2030 from Paddington, the Police were poor. We were told that the train was leaving from platform 8 but this was a ploy from the Police to keep City fans held in a corner, I was told this from the train gaurd on the way back. Anyway waiting at Platform 8 by now is 2045 a train pulls in for some reason the Police started pushing people and was getting very angry. Everyone boarded the train then the police got on and told us this Train was going anywhere. So we all had to get of the train. Then an annoucment came over the Public Address system that the train to Temple meads was about to depart from platform 2, thus now we have 500 people running from platform 2 to 8.

I think most fans got on the train. Then when I questioned the gaurd about the confusing who sympathies with us he said it was all to do with the Police, to give us the run around. Can you think of any other section of our communtiy that gets so many problems from the Police,they seem to forget that most of us have jobs and familes and are law abbiding.

looks like i had a lucky day then

You have to ask for a copy of the form, which you should always do as it has been known for the police to change the forms after the search and stitch innocent people up.

I was on the 8.30 train it was a complete shambles.

I don't however blame the police I thought the staff at Paddington had lost it , the bloke with the megaphone who was suppose to be advising us ,certainly did not help matters.

The police were just trying to placate 500 tired and emotional fans

looks like i had a lucky day then

Me too. I steered well clear of the Metropolitan Police yesterday. On our way into Wembley on the coach I noticed that some errant Metropolitan Police officers were displaying a Bristol Rovers blue and white quartered Teddy in the window of their riot van. I really thought they were going to go all out to provoke trouble but what trouble the Police did manage to incite turned out to be very minor judging by what I've read so far.

Drive by assault by a Metropolitan Policeman on member of the public during May Day 2001.....

driveby.jpg

I was on the 8.30 train it was a complete shambles.

I don't however blame the police I thought the staff at Paddington had lost it , the bloke with the megaphone who was suppose to be advising us ,certainly did not help matters.

The police were just trying to placate 500 tired and emotional fans

I spoke to the 1st Great Western Staff and it was down to the Police to tell everyone that the train was departing from platform 8 the tain on platform 2 was always going to be the train back to Bristol the Police just wanted to p1ss people off.

Guest DanC

I got on the half 6ish train I think it was and we queued on Platform 8, There was a queue for reservations and a queue for those without. When the train was ready to go the barriers were opened and we were instructed to go to platform 2 where our train was waiting. I then found out that first class had been declassified so I got to sit in there all the way back. We didn't have any trouble like you did so I don't understand what happened went wrong after we had left as the system was OK when I was there.

You have to ask for a copy of the form, which you should always do as it has been known for the police to change the forms after the search and stitch innocent people up.

i believe its a '78a stop and search form' you should of been given, it would also have the officers details on it

Archived