IGNORED

Prize Money ?

PAPA650

Asked many people with various answers and tried to look up on the net,

what is the prize structure if any of where you finish in the league ???? yes mega bucks to go up to the promise land !!!! even suggestions of a good will gesture of the losing team getting all gate reciepts !! do the play off teams get a cut of gate money at wembley they bl@@dy charge enough !! but is there a offical prize structure to all football clubs to where they finish from top to bottom of english football ?? please post web page if you find any thing more curious than concerned :closedeyes:

Guest MaloneFM

Oh lord...bring back 'ask uncle Roger'

According to the football association media office:

Wets Brom got £25,000 as champions

Joke got £20,000 for second place

Dull £18,500 for winning yesterday

Can anyone spot the £60 million yet? Buggered if I can either.

If you look closely next time its mentioned its always accompanied by the magic word 'estimated'. Which means...maybe.

Can anyone spot the £60 million yet? Buggered if I can either.

The things I've seen say £60m comes from the share of the TV money (£30m), cash per-match that is shown on TV live (I think £500k per match, with a minimum of £5m), prize money for finishing next season (£500k for bottom place, rising at £500k per position). Finally, even if relegated, there's the £12m per year for 2 years.

Our chairman reckoned that, had we lost to Watford, we'd have made a loss of £500k from the play-off games, while losing at Wembley would have been break-even. I dunno if that assumed a standard distribution of the wembley cash, or factored in the "common" loser-takes-all-the-money agreement.

I will try to dig up the story from the start of this season about prize money in the Championship. I can't find it right now.

If memory serves City are guaranteed the best part of 800k but it then rises if you finish above half way on a merit payment basis, the higher you finish the more you get.

So i would think City will get more than a million for their finishing position alone plus maybe that much again from the play-offs if they get a good slice of the Wembley gate receipts.

However, the clubs relegated from the Prem are getting 11.4 million a year for two years in parachute payments. :shocking:

Right, I finally found the reference I was looking for re. prize money. Yes, the topics on here have moved on a tad in the last 24 hours but I'm posting this anyhow so bad luck.

The story from last July was that Premier League clubs agreed a 'solidarity package' with the football league releasing more money from their tv rights package to their lower league cousins.

Last season Wolves got £1,383,602 for finishing fifth but it goes up in £75,000 increments so I reckon City will get £1,458,602 in prize money for finishing fourth. Some of this has to be spent on youth development and community programmes.

Then there is the share of the gate from the play-off final, the TV payments for the semis and the final and the revenue from selling 12,000 season tickets. What sort of transfer kitty that adds up to I wouldn't know. Perhaps someone with more financial expertise can put a figure on it.

Then there is the share of the gate from the play-off final, the TV payments for the semis and the final and the revenue from selling 12,000 season tickets. What sort of transfer kitty that adds up to I wouldn't know. Perhaps someone with more financial expertise can put a figure on it.

Undisclosed.

Gary doesn't seem to make unreasonable requests, Steve seems happy to back these requests. How ever much of that is true i don't know,

But our transfer money for next season is undisclosed. As it should be.

Undisclosed.

Gary doesn't seem to make unreasonable requests, Steve seems happy to back these requests. How ever much of that is true i don't know,

But our transfer money for next season is undisclosed. As it should be.

Sure. Quite agree.

I think people are just trying to get some handle on what the consolation prize is after missing out on the supposed 60 million.

The transfer speculation has started. Many transfer fees remain undisclosed but you get a rough idea what the likes of McIndoe and Sproule cost. We would only be guessing at the amount that might be available to the manager, but working out what roughly might be in the kitty just helps a little with surmising who City might go for.

I know we're supposed to be good boys and girls and leave it all to the manager because he doesn't like the feverish speculation, but that ain't going to happen.

He's got rid of two strikers. Everyone knows what we need.

It's not like last summer when it was deemed disrespectful to the likes of Enoch and Jevo who were still at the club.

The transfer speculation has started. Many transfer fees remain undisclosed but you get a rough idea what the likes of McIndoe and Sproule cost. We would only be guessing at the amount that might be available to the manager, but working out what roughly might be in the kitty just helps a little with surmising who City might go for.

I know we're supposed to be good boys and girls and leave it all to the manager because he doesn't like the feverish speculation, but that ain't going to happen.

He's got rid of two strikers. Everyone knows what we need.

How much is in the transfer kitty at City isn't that important. I'm sure that if Johnson went to Lansdown and said he needed player 'X' and player 'Y' to improve the squad then our chairman would do all he could to sign those players.

No doubt that with two forwards leaving the club that new strikers will be on Johnsons shopping list.

The question I would ask is what kind of striker will Johnson go for? Will he opt for proven players with a track record or go for someone that we've hardly heard of - like when he was interested in Popisil. Johnson can be full of surprises when it comes to the transfer market.

With no league football for the next 10 weeks or so theres not much for us fans to discuss.Rumours and speculating about what players will be incoming is just about all there is to speculate about.

Archived