IGNORED

Pre Season Friendlies

Taunton_City

Guest RyanBCFC

Think we've already agreed to play Cheltenham, and I think Weston-super-mare is an annual friendly now.

Probably touring Latvia again which has been a huge success, and maybe 2 more friendlies on top of that.

:englandsmile4wf:

Think we've already agreed to play Cheltenham, and I think Weston-super-mare is an annual friendly now.

Probably touring Latvia again which has been a huge success, and maybe 2 more friendlies on top of that.

:englandsmile4wf:

I read somewhere that Hereford are waiting for a response from us regarding a friendly.

Why do we always play low level teams in friendly's, I don't see what it achieves?

With R****S already confirming a friendly against Ado den Haag from Holland and also rumoured to be hosting Fiorentina(!) in July, why do we always play teams like Hereford and FGR? Surely we should be competing against slightly more challenging opposition to prepare for a difficult campaign ahead?

why not get extra pre match home friendlies against better teams and keep the WSM and FGR etc for reserves or emerging academy with full squad there to meet and thank supporters and for us to do the same back. keep them as pr and give us a couple of tasty home games

Why do we always play low level teams in friendly's, I don't see what it achieves?

Someone asked that same question 12 months ago. The reply then was that a Prem side would only play their reserves / youths v City whilst Bounemouth etc will actually try their first team against us. This year City are surely one of the toughest non Prem teams going which is why the lower clubs want to play us.

Annoyed me 12 months ago though that due to family connections and friendships etc, lowly P'boro' had home friendlies v the full first teams of Celtic, Man U and Brum which gave Posh a good pre season workout in front of sell out crowds.

Guest shane
Someone asked that same question 12 months ago. The reply then was that a Prem side would only play their reserves / youths v City whilst Bounemouth etc will actually try their first team against us. This year City are surely one of the toughest non Prem teams going which is why the lower clubs want to play us.

Annoyed me 12 months ago though that due to family connections and friendships etc, lowly P'boro' had home friendlies v the full first teams of Celtic, Man U and Brum which gave Posh a good pre season workout in front of sell out crowds.

Why does this annoy you ? football is all about connections. Why would this annoy a bristol city fan ?

cheltenham on july 29th at waddon rd

suprised as thats where the sags will be playing for the next 100 years (sorry, just dreaming)

not sure if some sag sado's will arrive to stir up some trouble

they seemed quick enogh to appear at the side of the M4 saturday night with "words of condolance" !!

:tumbleweed::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

I am a Stoke fan that lives in Histon Cambridge and rumour has it that Bristol City will be playing Histon in a pre-season friendly here.

I know Gary Johnson has Cambridge United ties but heard he played for Histon Years ago.

On another note i am the publican of the local pub to Histon F.C. and my next door neighbour (top bloke)is a massive Bristol City fan so the banter has been really good this season.

All the very best of luck next season.

Steve.

Archived