IGNORED

Nasty Northern Gits

MATTBCFC

I think I echo the comments that every club has it's unpleasant minority, mirroring society in general.

The first Hull fan I happened across was not but 5 minutes from my own doorstep in Twickenham. As I had my shirt on I walked past him and said "All the best today Mate" to which he shot me a very dirty look and then ignored me. Charming, but fine.

Whilst walking down Wembley Way we had a few (quietly) singing "You're Welsh and you know you are." at the Families with kids. I was going to walk up to them and say, "actually you are partly correct as I do come from a family line that can claim Welsh ancestry", but I'm not sure they would've understood.

Then at the walkway split a Hull fan was walking down the signposted City section. Some City fans in front of me, very light-heartedly said "You're walking down the wrong bit!" to which he huffily replied "F.O!"

So, up til then all my impressions of Hull fans had been pretty negative. They seemed quite unfriendly and grumpy.

However, I did get chatting to a Hull fan in the queue for the toilet. He (strangely) was Scottish, but he was absolutely genuinely thrilled Hull had even got this far and was a thoroughly decent bloke. So my faith was restored.

So overall I wish them well in the Premier League. For every 1 grumpy, surly fan they have, I bet there are loads and loads more that are just absolutely over the moon and bear no malice to anyone, as the majority of our fans would be had we won.

So, up til then all my impressions of Hull fans had been pretty negative. They seemed quite unfriendly and grumpy.

I suppose they don't get much time to practice social skills what with being stuck out in the north sea on their trawlers with nothing to do except amusing themselves with dead fish.

2. As we were approaching the Bobby Moore statue, there were a group of Hull fans singing 'who are ya' at the city fans passing by - one city fan started singing back 'we're Bristol City - we always believe' the Hull fans got real nasty and about 7-8 of them were right up to the City fan - literally pushing their faces into his - fair play to the city fan - he stood his ground as long as he could before turning away from them.....more t0ssers...!

I saw that too. 7-8 fans on one :blink:

Archived