IGNORED

Wembley Or The Millenium Stadium

john shaws hair

I thought the stadium itself was absolutely awesome. Beats the bags off the millenium.

Agree, stadium was awesome. However, give me Cardiff for the 'whole day experience'. Cardiff, just over an hour away, great pubs, 10 min walk from the town, good stadium, food/drink outlets 5 min walk from ground and with staff that actually seemed to appreciate the business.

Wembley was overpiced, staffed by arrogant doormen and miles from anywhere.

Been to Wembley now; wont ever go back; stadium good,catering facilities crap and a rip off/ toilets inadequet :disapointed2se: ; Mill was better by far :surrender:

I've done the Mill Stad twice and Wembley 4 times (3 old and 1 New) all to watch City. So it's been there , done that, a tick in the box and I don't want to go back there again.

Wembley was impressive and despite the result I enjoyed the experience. But as soon as I got off the coach at the Gate and saw familiar surroundings I knew I was 'home' and that felt much better.

I think I preferred the Mill Stadium.

Something lacking in the new Wembley (oxygen, where I was sitting!!)

The bleedin' racket on the PA stopped any natural atmosphere building.

and the Metropolitan line 'see how many fans you can get on a tube train' competition was really fun!

Been to Wembley now; wont ever go back; stadium good,catering facilities crap and a rip off/ toilets inadequet :disapointed2se: ; Mill was better by far :surrender:

I'm with you. I thought the facilites around the stadium were abysmal. No toilets, people sitting on the floor - nothing short of disgraceful in my opinion.

Anyone see the 'Discover Brent' sign by the Bobby Moore Bridge? - Been there done it - ###### shit. Asda wasn't bad though.

Actually, if you take the moaning Welsh 'chip on my shoulder' tw*ts out of the equation. Cardiff is a much more pleasant place than that dump in our capital.

It's an embarrasment to have our national stadium in such a Sh*thole. Apart from that not much to choose between the two stadiums. Agree about the lack of oxygen.

Guest DanC
put wembley in cardiff , nice stadium shit surrondings like being in avonmouth
More like St Pauls. I went to Wembly central I think it was on my first visit to the new Wembley and the place is a dump. I have a mate in work that comes from there and even he agrees. In fact the whole of London is a shit pit. The only good thing about Wembly was Silverspoons.

No wish to visit Wembley again. Similar feelings about the Millenium Stadium - no doubt coloured by experiences at both, but generally dislike the 'Big Stadium Experience'. In such big arenas you end up feeling detached from what's going on on the pitch.

Out of the two, Cardiff wins hands-down for somewhere to spend time pre & post-match, compared to the soulless industrial landcape of north London. Where was any care taken for external landscaping? Not one single tree?

And those bloody horns drove me mad in both stadiums. I thought they weren't allowed at Wembley! :argh:

I hate to write it but the Cardiff Millenium is the better venue if not the bigger and better stadium. Cardiff has plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants all around the stadium. New Wembley has building sites, industrial estates and a crap neighbourhood. I did enjoy the day but it's such a shame that £800 million was spent building our stadium in such a crap environment.

why did the city fan cross the road? cause he couldn't get on the firkin tube. what crap planning. just herded us in as many as possible then you still stop at every station even though there was nowhere else to stuff us. healh and safety??? ditch the taffs out for the day and millenium gets it. shortish trip, not too far to walk with plenty bars available. if a next time arises surely the clubs should be given an option dependant on which is closer as halfway to both clubs

I hate to write it but the Cardiff Millenium is the better venue if not the bigger and better stadium. Cardiff has plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants all around the stadium. New Wembley has building sites, industrial estates and a crap neighbourhood. I did enjoy the day but it's such a shame that £800 million was spent building our stadium in such a crap environment.

Millennium better view and atmosphere. Food at Wembley excellent, huge portions and no queues whatsoever. Also loads of ladies loos and no queues - men queuing - haha!!

Outside Wembley a bit of a dump. Pains me to say it, Cardiff surroundings much more pleasant.

quick point on the wembley toilets, do believe that every other one was all cubicle which is where the queues mainly formed. didn't help having multiple cubicle users, can't imagine they were trying the ghostbusters cross the streams trick judging by the noises

To be honest not too keen on either stadium. Would prefer the play off final over two legs same as the semi. Was like that when the play-offs began. Wembly or Cardiff seems to me like a way of charging fans unrealistic entrance fees with all the associated travelling bother and costs.

Archived