IGNORED

Evil Post News Department Back To Their Worst...

Olé

A follow-up story today on the tragic events which occurred outside The Park House on St. Johns Lane on Saturday contains the following excerpt:

The pub is regularly attended by Bristol City fans, and is not far from the Ashton Gate Stadium.

But a spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said there was no connection between the incident and the Bristol City championship play off final that had been played earlier that day.

So lets get this straight, this is a tragic news story with no connection (as was obvious anyway) to our club and no relevance to football and yet the Evil Post once again feels the need to make a reference to our club anyway, even though they've been told there is no connection.

Once is unnecessary, twice is offensive, but I've lost count of the number of times the EP news department tries to draw any negative connection it can with our club. Some of these people are genuinely sick in the head with their compulsion to hijack tragedies to darken our club's name.

I can't believe it runs through all the staff at the paper, so I assume some long-time sub-editor there has serious issues. I don't like Rovers but I would never abuse a position of responsibility - and undermine serious, tragic stories - to score cheap points against a rival local club.

I used to live a few doors away from the Park House and I don't recall it ever being 'regularly attended by City fans' more than anywhere else in South Bristol, nor do I consider it anywhere near enough to Ashton Gate to be worthy of passing comment connecting the two.

Furthermore, considering the police had told the EP there was no connection, what grounds do they have for printing this. Plenty of violent crimes occur as close to Old Market / Temple Quay but we're never going to see something like this after every shooting in St. Pauls:

The violent attack occurred a short walk from the Bristol Evening Post & Press headquarters at Temple Quay. But a spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said there was no connection between the incident and Evening Post employees.

No, there is no justification for reporting non-existent links between serious news items and an unrelated local interest, particularly when the same paper suddenly finds it so hard to draw any link to football when things go off round the corner from the Memorial Ground on match days.

It's vindictive, it's offensive, it's unfair to those affected and devastated by serious news stories that are cheapened by such innuendo. After a few days of capturing all that's good about City, the sick #### in their news department couldn't wait to get back to his own vile agenda.

My heart goes out to the family/s affected and I hope that karma catches up with not only the perpetrators but those who felt it was worth trivialising such a sad tragedy just to find some context to drag our local football club into it.

BBC Points West Sunday evening also stated the incident was nothing to do with City's defeat despite being in Bedminster.

1, That implies it MIGHT have been related and

2. Implies all criminal activity in Bemmy is City related.

Police have released details of a international drug trafficking ring in St Paul's has been busted, drugs worth a street value of £10m have been recovered, No one from Bristol Rovers was available to comment if this was related to a delay in Building Works for their new stadium.

My comment on their website in retaliation - thanks for bringing this to our attention mate.

My heart goes out to the poor chaps family and friends. A coward indeed has taken another life and the laws need to be changed to put loonies like this away for life.

On a seperate note - seeing as the police have stated there is absolutely no connection with Bristol City fans - why oh why do the Evening Post feel it necessary to state the pub is visited by City fans and the fact City had just played in the Championship play-off final...??

You can go back to your usual selves now Evening Post - insulting innocent people and fans of football clubs that aren't even involved. Ridiculous to say the least. No wonder your paper is boycotted by so many City fans.

Matt, Stockwood.

Wonder how long it will be till the Evil Tw*ts delete my thread...!!?

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...819267682#views

I have just posted a comment. Feel free to do the same.

"What a tragic waste of life and what utter disrespect shown by the evening post yet again. Why the need to mention Bristol City in this report. Crimes happen all over the City and very few are football related but you once again feel the need to cheapen the death of someone by involving Bristol City needlesly. I for one will not buy your paper again"

http://www.thisisbristol.com/displayNode.j...819267682#views

I have just posted a comment. Feel free to do the same.

"What a tragic waste of life and what utter disrespect shown by the evening post yet again. Why the need to mention Bristol City in this report. Crimes happen all over the City and very few are football related but you once again feel the need to cheapen the death of someone by involving Bristol City needlesly. I for one will not buy your paper again"

Nice one mate - come on everybody follow our stance...!!!!

Just posted this:

"Such a sad story - yet another innocent person being robbed of their life. The streets in Britain are no longer safe. As usual the Evening post passes up the opportunity to report on this tragic event with a degree of sensitivity and opts instead to try and dirty the name of Bristol City Football Club. It is sad when the "local" newspaper seems hell bent on trying to undermine the local team rather than thinking ofthat poor man's family - shame on you."

I'm so incensed by this, there is absolutely no connection with Bristol City Football Club whatsoever. I wonder if someone should make the directors at the club aware of this trash - disgusting!

Surely it's time the club itself withdrew cooperation from this rancid organisation? The fact is they need us more than we need them.

Agreed. It's time for Bristol City Football Club to refuse to co-operate with that vile filthy gas-infested Daily Mail rag. No more reporters allowed in the ground, no interviews with any of the club's staff, no admittance to the club's press conferences.

They can spend their time going up and down the M5 to cover Cheltenham Rovers to report to the 1,500 gash who will buy the paper.

Then they'd have to lay Stockhausen off because he'd have no stories on which to try out his pre-GCSE level English.

Cut them off. We don't need them. Our official site gives us plenty of stories that the Evil Pest just repeats anyway.

by all accounts hes dunfords mate, thats why our posts anti-board [ gas] don't get published

I know he's gas but it's still his job to provide objective reporting for the city and county of Bristol. If he fails to act on that, he isn't doing his job properly. FACT!

I know he's gas but it's still his job to provide objective reporting for the city and county of Bristol. If he fails to act on that, he isn't doing his job properly. FACT!

what I'm saying is you lot moaning[ rightly imo] would be music to his ears

what I'm saying is you lot moaning[ rightly imo] would be music to his ears

Well, if that's true he's not doing his job properly and is acting completely unprofessionally. Those 2 actions would end up with most of us sacked if we did them in our jobs.

Not going to happen at the Evil Gas though, is it?

When are all the gasheads on the Sports Desk retiring? The paper needs new blood, desperately.

Agreed. It's time for Bristol City Football Club to refuse to co-operate with that vile filthy gas-infested Daily Mail rag. No more reporters allowed in the ground, no interviews with any of the club's staff, no admittance to the club's press conferences.

They can spend their time going up and down the M5 to cover Cheltenham Rovers to report to the 1,500 gash who will buy the paper.

Then they'd have to lay Stockhausen off because he'd have no stories on which to try out his pre-GCSE level English.

Cut them off. We don't need them. Our official site gives us plenty of stories that the Evil Pest just repeats anyway.

totally agree - also like the fact someone is embracing my name for them.....can we all refer to them as the gash in future please....???

Guest MaloneFM

Au contrare angry mob.

I'd rather they print something like this to knock on the head any rumours that it was related to the game on saturday, Should this have occured last year on Gloucester road when the blue few were spawning thier way past some over the hill pub team at Wembley then this forum would be crammed with accusations and allegations.

Ah ah ahh don't say it wouldn't because we all know different.

IF they were to include details such as a man in a red shirt was 'reportedly' seen running away from the scene or that the oub has been a target of football related violence in the past on city home games, then they are bang to rights and I would be the first one with a flaming torch.

But as it happened in St Johns Lane on the night we lost an important game I'd sooner any amatuer Sherlock Holmes were kicked into touch as soon as.

Guest MaloneFM
Risking the wrath of the angry mob, I must admit when I heard about a death outside a pub in Bedminster on Saturday, the first thing I thought was that it might be related to the play-off final.

So did I BR and more than one other I should imagine so Mr Plod has quite firmly put that one to rest.

No complaints then.

Risking the wrath of the angry mob, I must admit when I heard about a death outside a pub in Bedminster on Saturday, the first thing I thought was that it might be related to the play-off final.

maybe people do jump to conclusions re: timing of incident but that does not excuse p!ss poor reporting

Guest MaloneFM

But the two are related.

They had to print that from Mr Plod to show despite being used by city supporters (although its no Hen & Chicken) and happening after the Wembley defeat it was not football violence.

But the two are related.

They had to print that from Mr Plod to show despite being used by city supporters (although its no Hen & Chicken) and happening after the Wembley defeat it was not football violence.

I'm sorry, but that is absolute tosh, for a start the pub is nowhere near Ashton gate, it was mentioned only because the pub is on the "red" side of town, no other reason, in no way are the two related, so if this sort of thing happens again (please God forbid), in any part of our city, then they have to release a statement that it wasn't football related ???.

I'm sorry mate but that was just crass reporting by the evening post, and not for the first time either !

Archived