IGNORED

Starting Back 4 Next Seaon

WarksRed

I can see a starting back four next season of

Orr, Keogh, Fontaine, Ribiero

with Carey, McCoombe and McAlaister as backup .....

none of the new teams in the Division play much hoofball, and a lot attack with pace, ..

great as Carey, McCoobe and McAlaister have been for us, they are no longer speed merchants .......

Carey should stay as club captain though.

time for you all to disagree now ............ :sofa:

:englandsmile4wf:

none of the new teams in the Division play much hoofball, and a lot attack with pace, ..

great as Carey, McCoobe and McAlaister have been for us, they are no longer speed merchants .......

:noexpression: :10_1_108:

Completely disagree. How can you drop Carey and put Keogh in whos been on loan for the whole season?

Riberio may have the quality, however he's too young IMO and Mcallister is solid at left back.

Agree with the rest though.

carey was amazing this season, and he wont lose what he has in the summer.

mccombe has come on leaps and bounds.

mccallister I'm not so sure but came to light in the last half of the season...

I'm not sure johnson will think ribiero is the man to replace him.

Carey has been the shinging light of our defence

Never had a bad game and is Red through and through

Keogh needs to realise how priveleged he is to play for Bristol City and show what he is made of

Ribs is a very good player; but not ready maybe at our new stadium we will hear his name announced :englandsmile4wf:

keogh just signed a new deal pal

He was offered one, no news on if he signed it yet and I doubt he will.

Back four for me:

Orr------Carey-------Fontaine-------Signing

I'd like to see Wilson pushing Orr hard for his place and Carey and Fontaine to get competition not just from McCombe but from another signing - preferably a centre half with some real pace.

He was offered one, no news on if he signed it yet and I doubt he will.

Back four for me:

Orr------Carey-------Fontaine-------Signing

I'd like to see Wilson pushing Orr hard for his place and Carey and Fontaine to get competition not just from McCombe but from another signing - preferably a centre half with some real pace.

Agree with the above except Ribeiro should be getting an oppurtunity before anyone else is brought in

keogh just signed a new deal pal

He's been OFFERED a new deal, and if Skylark Mc Andrew has his way, it will be a weapon to use for a better deal elsewhere, and as he's under 24 years old BCFC wil get compensation. He's proved he's not a GJ soldier, had a good loan spell because it's all he had left to impress other clubs with.

i read on here this afternoon. (which is no Fact when it comes to a forum)

the poster said lansdown had said on his interview that all 5 had been offered and signed new contracts.

i've been on so many topics today i cant find which one it is.

In actual fact, in my honest opinion i couldnt care if he stayed or didnt.

I love keogh and thought he would of been a great asset to the team.

He didnt get used this season(even when at time i thought he should have been), and I'm sure we will sign adequate cover for our back four.

think of it what you will.

I guess it's only me that thinks McAllister has done ok in his first season?

Yes, there is weaknesses, but, then again the best right back in the league had them and still has problems with distribution.

I would have no problem with him having another season with some suitable back up like Ribiero.

After all, our defence did a fairly good job this season. If the midfield creativity and strikers matched the level in their departments, we would have been talking about who has joined us from the Wembley play-off and not have even been part of it IMHO.

I guess it's only me that thinks McAllister has done ok in his first season?

Yes, there is weaknesses, but, then again the best right back in the league had them and still has problems with distribution.

I would have no problem with him having another season with some suitable back up like Ribiero.

After all, our defence did a fairly good job this season. If the midfield creativity and strikers matched the level in their departments, we would have been talking about who has joined us from the Wembley play-off and not have even been part of it IMHO.

I remember being at the Gate against Scunny 1st game last season, next to LJ and McAllister, thought he'd come as part of the same package for some reason. Don't rate him much, just belts it forward every time he gets it.

Completely disagree. How can you drop Carey and put Keogh in whos been on loan for the whole season?

Riberio may have the quality, however he's too young IMO and Mcallister is solid at left back.

Agree with the rest though.

Carey is the top man. Keogh is more likley to leave with City receiving Compo.

Can't see Ribeiro getting a chance, still considered a promising a youth player by the Club. Suggest City will stick to its recent approach and buy a replacement fullback, if indeed it wants another. More likely to send Ribs out on loan or even off load him if interest and fee is strong enough.

Carey has been the shinging light of our defence

Never had a bad game and is Red through and through

Keogh needs to realise how priveleged he is to play for Bristol City and show what he is made of

Ribs is a very good player; but not ready maybe at our new stadium we will hear his name announced :englandsmile4wf:

cheers pete :whistle2:

apart from Carey, who I would start in front of Keogh, perhaps starting Keogh instead of Bradders till hes totally 100% fit and recovered. then go back to Bradders once fully fit.

Is Ribeiro actually a left back?

I thought he played on the right or sometimes in the centre?

Ribeiro is right footed and plays as a centre back or at a push as a right back (James Wilson or Jordan Walker are more naturally right backs).

He reminds me so much of a younger Louis Carey, as he's probably a similar height and build to Mr. Carey.

He reminds me so much of a younger Louis Carey, as he's probably a similar height and build to Mr. Carey.

I'll go further than that, years ago a Leeds youth team came and displayed their talents against a City youth team

one player ran the whole game, I watched Ribiero in pre season friendlies last season, he showed the same presence and style as that Leeds player had ..

The Leeds players name ........ Paul Madely

If he turns out to be half as good, we've got something special

Carey has been immense all year, assuming he doesn't lose too much in way of fitness and mobility, you can't drop him.

Personally, I'm still convinced about McCombe at this level, he's done OK this season, and is a great ariel threat up front, but still not sure. I like Fontaine and I hope Keogh is given a go, but other than maybe McCombe, I don't think the defence needs too much changing

Archived