IGNORED

Daily Mirror Rumour

MATTBCFC

If we sold Fonts that'd be 2 new CBs we would need in the summer at least... McCombe is a liability and if we're serious about stepping up to the Prem he wouldnt be good enough.

I feel we also need a RB and LB so... i doubt were selling Fonts

If we sold Fonts that'd be 2 new CBs we would need in the summer at least... McCombe is a liability and if we're serious about stepping up to the Prem he wouldnt be good enough.

I feel we also need a RB and LB so... i doubt were selling Fonts

think orr is ok at this level, Mcallister has been weak all season so should be replaced.

We need a left back to replace Mcallister and need to hold on to fonts, a new right midfielder and one maybe two potent forwards. Don't need a RB Orr has been immense this season.

I don't think Orr should be first choice RB next year.... and I'm probably his biggest fan

Its not a critisicm of him at all...

Who would replace Orr should he get injured? Wilson? no thanks, Carey?out of position no thanks, Play off final and put our best midfielder there? NO ###### WAY!!!

So... we need another RB should something happen to him again, and i would be very dissapointed if we bought a player that GJ did NOT think was better than what he already has. So on that basis, Orr steps up even more due to better competition or he isnt first choic RB next year.

I don't think Orr should be first choice RB next year.... and I'm probably his biggest fan

Its not a critisicm of him at all...

Who would replace Orr should he get injured? Wilson? no thanks, Carey?out of position no thanks, Play off final and put our best midfielder there? NO ###### WAY!!!

So... we need another RB should something happen to him again, and i would be very dissapointed if we bought a player that GJ did NOT think was better than what he already has. So on that basis, Orr steps up even more due to better competition or he isnt first choic RB next year.

So Bradley is regarded by his fellow pros as the best right back in the Championship but shouldn't be our first choice?! Christian Ribeiro is the obvious cover and should surely be given a chance now. Wouldn't be surprised to see Brian Wilson leave at some point if his chances are limited.

What complete garbage this rumour is.

Carragher, Agger, Hyppia and Skrtel are just four reasons why this wont happen, let alone the fact we are talking about Liverpool ffs.

Fonts is a very good player, with the potential to get even better but Liverpool wont be signing him as there are much better players around that Liverpool would look at first.

Now Wigan, West Ham or even back to Fulham would be a possibility, but still not for the 1m thats been quoted. If the bid was doubled.......

How complete a player was Carey at 22? How good will Fontaine be in 8 years time? That's the only way to judge.

For what it's worth, I reckon Liam has been one of this season's sucessess and has come on a lot and I can see him as Carey's long term replacement.

Liam is an excellent C back who put in a great performance last weekend. Not surprised if Prem clubs are looking.

Doubt if the Club would want him to leave as he is already a key player for GJ.

What complete garbage this rumour is.

Carragher, Agger, Hyppia and Skrtel are just four reasons why this wont happen, let alone the fact we are talking about Liverpool ffs.

Fonts is a very good player, with the potential to get even better but Liverpool wont be signing him as there are much better players around that Liverpool would look at first.

Now Wigan, West Ham or even back to Fulham would be a possibility, but still not for the 1m thats been quoted. If the bid was doubled.......

stranger things have happened ie ralph milne to manure now that was a laugh :rofl2br:

Best way of keeping him is to make sure all prospective purchasers receive a copy of his performance when coming on away at Cardiff a few months back :noexpression: He's good - but will never be as complete a player as Carey IMO.

Remember he is only 22/23 - he has ages to develop. If any other championship squad and he would be on their starting line up. We have 2 very strong center halves.

Remember he is only 22/23 - he has ages to develop. If any other championship squad and he would be on their starting line up. We have 2 very strong center halves.

Don't get me wrong - I like him as a player, and you're right he has come on a whole lot this season. I defo wouldn't want to see him leave. I was thinking more of tactics for putting potential purchasers off (other than a stupid price-tag) than being critical of him.

Guest DanC
I think saying hes been rubbish all season is very harsh, infact saying that any of our players have been harsh this season is a stupid statement to make.
He is not rubbish. Although sometimes I don't even notice him on the pitch tbh and he is certainly not a Micky Bell sort of Left back. The only problem I have is his discipline.

• Admin
I think saying hes been rubbish all season is very harsh, infact saying that any of our players have been harsh this season is a stupid statement to make.

Agreed, and had RM claimed JM had been rubbish all season that would be a valid comment. But as he didn't, it isn't.

Archived