IGNORED

Daily Mirror Rumour

MATTBCFC

Found in todays BBC/Sport transfer rumours....

"Bristol City defender Liam Fontaine has emerged as a shock £1m target for Liverpool". (Daily Mirror)

Wouldn't be able to stand in his way if its true, but cant see it myself.

Sorry to be pedantic, but the LEP states Daily Mirror as a source, so it didn't start at the link contained in your post.

With the greatest of respect to Liam, I would have thought that this would be a transfer signing in the order of Raplh Milne to ManUre.

Lets face it why would Rafa sign him he's not Spanish.

Guest DanC
Sorry to be pedantic, but the LEP states Daily Mirror as a source, so it didn't start at the link contained in your post.

With the greatest of respect to Liam, I would have thought that this would be a transfer signing in the order of Raplh Milne to ManUre.

Lets face it why would Rafa sign him he's not Spanish.

To be fair to Rafa he has signed a fair few Englishmen, Certainly more than some managers.

Why a Joke? Fontaine came from Fulham a Premier League club. Played on Saturday after a number of games out and looked like he had been there all season long. Personally I could see why Liverpool may be interested. The question should be arer we interested in selling him. I hope not.

Spot on. I think LF is one of those players who will be more comfortable the higher the level he plays.

Why a Joke? Fontaine came from Fulham a Premier League club. Played on Saturday after a number of games out and looked like he had been there all season long. Personally I could see why Liverpool may be interested. The question should be arer we interested in selling him. I hope not.

Not for £1m, no. I can't see this happening anyway. Typical rubbish printed by The Mirror.

I rate Liam very highly and think he was one that would certainly have been able to step up to the Prem had we made it.

Although i wouldn't want to see him go particularly without Vasko around there has to be aprice where the club would let him go but what is that price £2M, £5M ??

Best way of keeping him is to make sure all prospective purchasers receive a copy of his performance when coming on away at Cardiff a few months back :noexpression: He's good - but will never be as complete a player as Carey IMO.

How complete a player was Carey at 22? How good will Fontaine be in 8 years time? That's the only way to judge.

For what it's worth, I reckon Liam has been one of this season's sucessess and has come on a lot and I can see him as Carey's long term replacement.

Archived