IGNORED

Bristol Rovers

LongwellRed

I have been lulled in to wanting the sags to do well in the league/FA Cup in recent times.

What an idiot I have been. To see their reaction in my part of the City after Saturday and in town on the night I hate them more than ever before.

I hope they never win another game. Ever.

ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Rant over.

I have been lulled in to wanting the sags to do well in the league/FA Cup in recent times.

What an idiot I have been. To see their reaction in my part of the City after Saturday and in town on the night I hate them more than ever before.

I hope they never win another game. Ever.

ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Rant over.

We are not all like that you know :disapointed2se: ......also would it be fair to say some of you guys would of had the same reaction had we failed to get promotion last season??

Rovers are very very lucky that we didn't clinch promotion. Playing in Cheltenham in League One while we hosted Premier League matches in Ashton Gate - it could have finished them for good! One more reason to regret Saturday's result. :disapointed2se:

and hopefully a couple of bricks land o phillips's head !

Well he'd certainly not catch them.

Never liked Rovers, never will. I laugh when they lose, cheer when I hear they've conceded a goal (so I get to cheer quite a lot) and generally regard them as the laughing stock of English football.

They are not serious rivals, they are nowhere near City when it comes to a decent fan base, stadium and prospects of playing in a higher division.

The last time they won anything of consequence you could still buy a programme with pre decimalisation currency and by the time they manage it again we'll be paying for stuff with Euros.

We are not all like that you know :disapointed2se: ......also would it be fair to say some of you guys would of had the same reaction had we failed to get promotion last season??

say it as I see it. When a next door neighbour has a Rovers scarf hanging out of their window all day, and then go running up the street with said scarf after the game, I kinda struggle to understand what they actually have to do with a Championship Play-Off final..??

400 season tickets sold eh ? Now that's something to discuss with him tonight..

say it as I see it. When a next door neighbour has a Rovers scarf hanging out of their window all day, and then go running up the street with said scarf after the game, I kinda struggle to understand what they actually have to do with a Championship Play-Off final..??

400 season tickets sold eh ? Now that's something to discuss with him tonight..

Surely thats just called rivalry and banter though, I know your streets ahead of us at the moment, but there will always be the Bristol Rivalry surely??

Well we are still in May, 400 isnt great, we all know it will be a tough few years but I will be there...I have not bought mine yet but will do by the end of June.

I have City friends and although I couldn't being myself to want to see City promoted, I wasn't jumping for joy because I felt for my friends who I knew would be absolutely devestated.

Surely thats just called rivalry and banter though, I know your streets ahead of us at the moment, but there will always be the Bristol Rivalry surely??

Well we are still in May, 400 isnt great, we all know it will be a tough few years but I will be there...I have not bought mine yet but will do by the end of June.

I have City friends and although I couldn't being myself to want to see City promoted, I wasn't jumping for joy because I felt for my friends who I knew would be absolutely devestated.

Yeah I know you're right - but still hurts like hell.. I admire loyalty to any club, but some of the idiots out on Saturday probably haven't been to a Rovers game since Wembley 07 (and yes, I know City have similar day trippers)

Anyway, stop trying to make me 'not' hate them - I've made up my mind !

The trouble is the minority are narrow minded Jealous little children who need to grow up.

A mate of mine although a City Lad through and through has an old man who follows the Rovers. The chaps father on the day City went to Wembley was at a function and wore a Red and White tie to show support to the City.

Although not a City Fan he felt that it would be great for Bristol as a whole if City where to win promotion to the Prem and that BCFC deserve to be there after such a superb season. So as said before it is a minority as it is at our club. I for one do not care how Rovers fair in any of their games. I am not interested. I am only interested in the welfare of our great club.

There we go enough said from me!

:disapointed2se:

I think you've answered your own point mate - there is no rivalry at the moment - to have that you need two roughly comparable sides (not in terms of money - but in terms of standard of football at least). At the moment you and your mates are not entitled to celebrate our failures, or dismiss our successes - because you are not playing at the same level. City fans don't slag off Premier League teams -because we are not at their level, and we know it.

It's your collective failure to respect this important principle that leads you to support the team you do!

I think you've answered your own point mate - there is no rivalry at the moment - to have that you need two roughly comparable sides (not in terms of money - but in terms of standard of football at least). At the moment you and your mates are not entitled to celebrate our failures, or dismiss our successes - because you are not playing at the same level. City fans don't slag off Premier League teams -because we are not at their level, and we know it.

It's your collective failure to respect this important principle that leads you to support the team you do!

But if you read my post again, I said 'Bristol rivalry', I still believe if you were in the prem and we were league 2 (or vice versa :innocent06::laugh: ) there would still be a level of rivalry because we are 2 Bristol clubs....(no Cheltenham jokes please :noexpression: )

You wouldn't slag of a prem team because they are of no importance to you, but surely most of you like to have a laugh when Rovers lose, its just banter isnt it?.

For me, I have always hated Rovers and always will. This is why I kind of understand this reaction from them because it would have been devastating to their club had we reached the Prem. Our failure actually gives them a sense of hope because they know that its easier for them to get into the Championship than it is for us to get into the Prem. Or even, easier for us to be relegated to L1 and harder for them to get relegated to L2.

What I'm trying to say is that we are still only a league apart and are almost within touching distance - one bad season from us and one good from them and the roles would be completely reversed - Not entirely impossible considering the teams we'll be facing next season.

I think that this is the main reason I'm so upset about not getting into the Prem because I really cant see us replicate a season like this one for a long time and really fear for us next season. Us making the Prem would have almost killed Rovers off. However.....they still have HOPE!

Having said this, i really don't understand this strange fascination they have with us over their own team. It always bemuses me that they are more interested in what we are doing than what their own team is doing. The mentality of "it doesn't matter that we lose as long as the City lose as well is pathetic.

Anyway, for anyone who hasnt guessed, I'm still hurting from saturday and having the sags rubbing it in only makes it worse!

For me, I have always hated Rovers and always will. This is why I kind of understand this reaction from them because it would have been devastating to their club had we reached the Prem. Our failure actually gives them a sense of hope because they know that its easier for them to get into the Championship than it is for us to get into the Prem. Or even, easier for us to be relegated to L1 and harder for them to get relegated to L2.

What I'm trying to say is that we are still only a league apart and are almost within touching distance - one bad season from us and one good from them and the roles would be completely reversed - Not entirely impossible considering the teams we'll be facing next season.

I think that this is the main reason I'm so upset about not getting into the Prem because I really cant see us replicate a season like this one for a long time and really fear for us next season. Us making the Prem would have almost killed Rovers off. However.....they still have HOPE!

Having said this, i really don't understand this strange fascination they have with us over their own team. It always bemuses me that they are more interested in what we are doing than what their own team is doing. The mentality of "it doesn't matter that we lose as long as the City lose as well is pathetic.

Anyway, for anyone who hasnt guessed, I'm still hurting from saturday and having the sags rubbing it in only makes it worse!

Fear not mate - hopefully the sense of optimism I now have will hit you in a few days, weeks or when the first signing is announced, but hit you it will.

Looking on the bright side we have the best keeper outside the Premier League, the best right back, dependable 110% every game Louis, Super Marv, Nick Carle getting better every game, McIndoe, Super Lee Trundle and at least 4 'exciting signings' on the way....maybe in the shape of Lita, Earnshaw or Riordan....so whats there to be despondent about ?

In GJ we trust, he will improve this team on what we have witnessed this year.

We'll be challenging for play offs again.....!!!

I can see your point, completely........but do you honestly think most Rovers fans think as long as City lose its ok if we do??......I know many Rovers fans and I don't know anyone who feels that, yes when we lose I am sure you laugh and vice versa but most (on both sides)are just interested in our own clubs progression on and off the pitch.

Anyway whats to say you wont go up next season?

I can see your point, completely........but do you honestly think most Rovers fans think as long as City lose its ok if we do??......I know many Rovers fans and I don't know anyone who feels that, yes when we lose I am sure you laugh and vice versa but most (on both sides)are just interested in our own clubs progression on and off the pitch.

Anyway whats to say you wont go up next season?

I'll give u your credit Gasheadm....you're the only one of your lot thats come on here and actually had a fair and honest bit of banter, without taking the pi55. Its called respect and is mutual.

The points you're making are genuine and I have to say I agree with the majority of it. People that hang Rovers scarves out of their windows when City are in the play-off final on the other hand are jealous tw*ts that usually end up getting all they deserve. They will wind the wrong person up one day.

Now, enough ar5e kissing, pi55 of back to your pikey clan. Nomad.

;)

I'll give u your credit Gasheadm....you're the only one of your lot thats come on here and actually had a fair and honest bit of banter, without taking the pi55. Its called respect and is mutual.

The points you're making are genuine and I have to say I agree with the majority of it. People that hang Rovers scarves out of their windows when City are in the play-off final on the other hand are jealous tw*ts that usually end up getting all they deserve. They will wind the wrong person up one day.

Now, enough ar5e kissing, pi55 of back to your pikey clan. Nomad.

;)

:o:laugh::wub:

haha........That made me laugh.

I have never taken the piss on either forum, I cant be bothered, I enjoy the bater and the fun....and thats it, I love Rovers, always will just like you guys love your team.

I wish you all the best next season :D .....now can I stay here please, its fun! :innocent06:

I have never taken the piss on either forum, I cant be bothered, I enjoy the bater and the fun....and thats it, I love Rovers, always will just like you guys love your team.

I wish you all the best next season :D .....now can I stay here please, its fun! :innocent06:

you're not my next door neighbour are you ?!

Awww shucks seeing as your being soooo nice.....go on then, put the kettle on then put your feet up.

So much as 1 piece of sarcasm and your out mind.... :D

Meant to say - as in phil or master ??? :dance:

No you don't!! :surrender::D

You get the idiots, glory hunters etc on both sides, but the majority like the banter and thats all it is......Well thats how I feel about it anyway.

I would have to argue that Gasheadm. Most of your "supporters" on your webiste slag City off ALL THE TIME. No "well done on getting to Wembley" just hope they get stuffed and we can laugh all day. Saddo's and it is all very well saying on the website that it is banter but believe me I know very different. The hatred I have of them is deep and it will never go away. Hate em and always will. :disapointed2se:

Archived