IGNORED

Bristol Rovers

LongwellRed

I would have to argue that Gasheadm. Most of your "supporters" on your webiste slag City off ALL THE TIME. No "well done on getting to Wembley" just hope they get stuffed and we can laugh all day. Saddo's and it is all very well saying on the website that it is banter but believe me I know very different. The hatred I have of them is deep and it will never go away. Hate em and always will. :disapointed2se:

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it, however 'hate' in my eyes is a very strong word, and for all the banter and rivalry I personally couldn't hate someone because they support a different team to the one I do. :disapointed2se:

I would have to argue that Gasheadm. Most of your "supporters" on your webiste slag City off ALL THE TIME. No "well done on getting to Wembley" just hope they get stuffed and we can laugh all day. Saddo's and it is all very well saying on the website that it is banter but believe me I know very different. The hatred I have of them is deep and it will never go away. Hate em and always will. :disapointed2se:

That is your opinion and of course you are entitled to it, however 'hate' in my eyes is a very strong word, and for all the banter and rivalry I personally couldn't hate someone because they support a different team to the one I do. :disapointed2se:

Yeah, that's how I look at it. Admittedly, I dislike them more than most other teams, but the word hate isn't appropriate in football imo. I have a few friends who support the rovers, and we have some good discussions, simply because we can relate to the highs and lows in football and it's much more interesting than talking to a Man U fan about Ronaldo or whatever.

I'd rather see kids out and about in Bristol wearing City and Rovers shirts rather than the those of the big four.

See above. ;)

the ones i don't like are the ones (on both sides) who take the rivalry to the next level.

provoke a reaction in the other set of fans.

attend a game between the two just to insult provoke etc

nowts wrong with banter but i never enjoy the "hate" of people just because of the team they support, its pathetic frankly.

Yeah, that's how I look at it. Admittedly, I dislike them more than most other teams, but the word hate isn't appropriate in football imo. I have a few friends who support the rovers, and we have some good discussions, simply because we can relate to the highs and lows in football and it's much more interesting than talking to a Man U fan about Ronaldo or whatever.

I'd rather see kids out and about in Bristol wearing City and Rovers shirts rather than the those of the big four.

See above. ;)

Thankyou, I completely agree with you :D

I don't know what all this fuss is about, most City fans i know always want Rovers to lose, and visa versa, its called rivalry and personally i would not want it any other way, i love all the banter especially the fact that the cheeky girls are more popular in Bristol than the Gas!

I don't know what all this fuss is about, most City fans i know always want Rovers to lose, and visa versa, its called rivalry and personally i would not want it any other way, i love all the banter especially the fact that the cheeky girls are more popular in Bristol than the Gas!

:noexpression: :noexpression: What do you mean??....everyone hates the Cheeky girls :innocent06::laugh:

Surely thats just called rivalry and banter though, I know your streets ahead of us at the moment, but there will always be the Bristol Rivalry surely??

Well we are still in May, 400 isnt great, we all know it will be a tough few years but I will be there...I have not bought mine yet but will do by the end of June.

I have City friends and although I couldn't being myself to want to see City promoted, I wasn't jumping for joy because I felt for my friends who I knew would be absolutely devestated.

I'll tell you EXACTLY what you and your mob are like. On the BRISTOL ROVERS forum there are about 100 thread headings on the front page and a quick count by me discovered that OVER SIXTY of your latest 100 threads are about BRISTOL CITY. Why don't you rename it the ALTERNATIVE CITY FORUM? Face facts, your Board of Directors have run you so far into the ground that we seem to be the only interesting thing left for you to talk about.

My feelings toward Rovers vary between mild pity and gentle scorn depending on how irritating they're being on the internet.

You hardly ever see or hear from them anywhere else these days and they've not managed to make a decent rivalry of it for a decade so I can't muster up enough feeling to hate them.

I suspect they have a very, very hard time ahead.

I'll tell you EXACTLY what you and your mob are like. On the BRISTOL ROVERS forum there are about 100 thread headings on the front page and a quick count by me discovered that OVER SIXTY of your latest 100 threads are about BRISTOL CITY. Why don't you rename it the ALTERNATIVE CITY FORUM? Face facts, your Board of Directors have run you so far into the ground that we seem to be the only interesting thing left for you to talk about.

Yes I saw your post on there.....sad isnt it?.....I can only speak for me, and say I am not overly interested in reading all those posts and you wont find one reply from me on any of them.

I'm interested in talking about football end of.

Yes I saw your post on there.....sad isnt it?.....I can only speak for me, and say I am not overly interested in reading all those posts and you wont find one reply from me on any of them.

I'm interested in talking about football end of.

Unfortunately I think you are in a small minority of Gasheads (on the internet anyway) who care more about THEIR OWN team than ours. You can tell from the general attitude on your forum that Dean Windass provided most of your fans with more excitement in ONE SHOT than your team managed in 46 matches last season. I'm all for the general banter which exists when there are two teams in the same City or area but for some of your mob it seems that gloating over our failure is the BE ALL AND END ALL of supporting Bristol Rovers and of far more importance than what you actually do yourselves. I just don't get it to be honest.

Unfortunately I think you are in a small minority of Gasheads (on the internet anyway) who care more about THEIR OWN team than ours. You can tell from the general attitude on your forum that Dean Windass provided most of your fans with more excitement in ONE SHOT than your team managed in 46 matches last season. I'm all for the general banter which exists when there are two teams in the same City or area but for some of your mob it seems that gloating over our failure is the BE ALL AND END ALL of supporting Bristol Rovers and of far more importance than what you actually do yourselves. I just don't get it to be honest.

Well I don't get it either Greebo, I can only speak myself, if Rovers win I'm happy and it makes no difference to me whether City win, draw or lose, it does not change my mood in the slightest.

I have been lulled in to wanting the sags to do well in the league/FA Cup in recent times.

What an idiot I have been. To see their reaction in my part of the City after Saturday and in town on the night I hate them more than ever before.

I hope they never win another game. Ever.

ALWAYS BELIEVE.

Rant over.

How did you become lulled in the first place :nono: ?

Guest MaloneFM

Personally I have got no time for hating anyone or anything. If you want to look for something or someone to hate the list is long and there is more than enough people willing to stick their foot in the door and sign you up.

Like the man said anyone is welcome on here to talk about football provided they have wound in the old neck enough to acknowledge the weakneses as well as the strengths.

If you are just here to bait well uncle has had his tea and won't be biting. If you are on here for a laugh then pour it on.

But as for the nature of this post, I have had my hand shaken by more than one of the blue few and wished well at Wembley and this will not be forgotten when you bear in mind what we could have had compared to them.

But hating them? Nah too busy cutting the grass...

Sorry havn't been arsed to read the whole thread. I just think it is beyond pathetic that our failure is more important to sags than their success. Saturday was their best result this season and the game had nothing to do with them.

Personally I have got no time for hating anyone or anything. If you want to look for something or someone to hate the list is long and there is more than enough people willing to stick their foot in the door and sign you up.

Like the man said anyone is welcome on here to talk about football provided they have wound in the old neck enough to acknowledge the weakneses as well as the strengths.

If you are just here to bait well uncle has had his tea and won't be biting. If you are on here for a laugh then pour it on.

But as for the nature of this post, I have had my hand shaken by more than one of the blue few and wished well at Wembley and this will not be forgotten when you bear in mind what we could have had compared to them.

I have about 6 students that are red and it would have been so easy to wind them up but i have respect for them,and at the end of class it was appreciated..as for my red mates well friendly banter the order of the day with a pat on the back..head down now and look forward to next season for both sets of fans.

The voice of reason above I guess. Think I was probably still extremely down when I wrote my original post (first day back at work after the weekend's heartbreak etc etc), and fed up of the Gas reaction.

Do I hate them (or rather my mates who are sags) - no, of course not. However, I will not secretly be wishing them mild success in the future..

The voice of reason above I guess. Think I was probably still extremely down when I wrote my original post (first day back at work after the weekend's heartbreak etc etc), and fed up of the Gas reaction.

Do I hate them (or rather my mates who are sags) - no, of course not. However, I will not secretly be wishing them mild success in the future..

You will really wont you Longwell :innocent06::rolleyes:

A great post from malone, I agree with everthing he says there.....hate is such a strong word and shouldn't be used in football.

It stands to reason, the less you have to shout about with your own team the more envious you are going to be of the more successful, better supported neighbour.

It's like a guy living in a shed with a trabant outside. The neighbour with the house with the pool, the lovely wife and his bentley is going to come out of his house, not glance at the urchin next to him and drive off.

Now the little man is going to be angry, he has nothing really but can only marvel at what his neighbour has and hope that his car breaks down.

How he will laugh the day it doesn't start.

However the next day, the great man brings in Gary Johnson who tinkers with the engine and it roars away......

We are at the top end of the Championship, we are playing to packed houses, we have a wealthy chairman who cares for our club, we have a fantastic manager and we have the respect of the watching neutral hordes.

They have to go to Cheltenham for home games, they will have nights when they get 2,000, they have a side that had the season been 5 games longer may well have gone down, they have an inexperienced manager who has no plan B when things started to go badly wrong, they have no money....and on and on

"If they hate me, then that's good because they know who I am and I matter. The worst thing in the world is not hate but irrelevance"

I don't hate them. They have nothing I want and in the grand scheme of things they are turning into what Notts County were to Nottingham Forest during the Clough years. Irrelevant.

EDIT - sorry I should add (and this will be one of few times I ever quote him) - that the above quote on hatred is from Simon Cowell.....

It stands to reason, the less you have to shout about with your own team the more envious you are going to be of the more successful, better supported neighbour.

It's like a guy living in a shed with a trabant outside. The neighbour with the house with the pool, the lovely wife and his bentley is going to come out of his house, not glance at the urchin next to him and drive off.

Now the little man is going to be angry, he has nothing really but can only marvel at what his neighbour has and hope that his car breaks down.

How he will laugh the day it doesn't start.

However the next day, the great man brings in Gary Johnson who tinkers with the engine and it roars away......

We are at the top end of the Championship, we are playing to packed houses, we have a wealthy chairman who cares for our club, we have a fantastic manager and we have the respect of the watching neutral hordes.

They have to go to Cheltenham for home games, they will have nights when they get 2,000, they have a side that had the season been 5 games longer may well have gone down, they have an inexperienced manager who has no plan B when things started to go badly wrong, they have no money....and on and on

"If they hate me, then that's good because they know who I am and I matter. The worst thing in the world is not hate but irrelevance"

I don't hate them. They have nothing I want and in the grand scheme of things they are turning into what Notts County were to Nottingham Forest during the Clough years. Irrelevant.

EDIT - sorry I should add (and this will be one of few times I ever quote him) - that the above quote on hatred is from Simon Cowell.....

Summed up very nicely - the jealous eyes cant stop looking our way, no matter how they try.

Just had one of 'them' come round by my desk to gloat. Told him to 'p155 off or I would chuck my rice at him'...!!!

Said he would just like to stand and smile - I literally tore him to shreads about his teams situation and how they were struggling to finance the ground, were having to play in Cheltenham and had sold 392 season tickets.

Eating humble pie out of my hand by the end of the conversation he was.

Onwards and upwards, glad I never threw my lunch at him in the end, would have been a waste of rice...!

Archived