IGNORED

Which Supporters Group To Join?

DeeperRed

I've never bothered joining a supporters group because I guess I never saw the point. When they got priority tickets for Wembley I had a look at them out of interest - although obviously it was no use trying to join at that point. It made me realise that there really was no excuse not to shell out a few quid on one (or more) of the groups though - it's all about identifying and contributing something and that's important.

So now I'd like to join one of the groups before next season. Only question is - which one? As far as I can see it there are three groups:

• Supporters Trust - 'unofficial' group run by supporters for supporters, but with BCFC's blessing. Membership starting from £12 a year. Benefits are mostly about being part of something to make a difference (the Trust run these forums, help organise travel etc)
  • Supporters Club - Official supporters club run by BCFC from £5 per year. Benefits include priority for all-ticket matches, entry to the Dolman Exhibition Hall, membership pack (yay!?)
  • City Foundation - Official kind of 'sponsorship' run by BCFC, £115 per year. Benefits include prize draws and such, mostly a fund-raising venture. Maybe I'm missing something?

Did I get these right? Sounds like the Trust is the one for me. Maybe the Club too if it's only a fiver.

- Dan

• SC&T Board Members

As a Trust board member, I'm obviously going to say join the Trust, because as you noted we try to make things happen that are mutually beneficial for both the fans and the football club (watch out for publication of our stadium survey report very soon).

However, if anyone is thinking of joining any of the groups you mentioned primarily in order to benefit from some of the 'perks' that have been available in the past, I would caution against assuming that all of these 'perks' will be available in the future.

I joined the City Foundation a year ago.

Don't know why really as I get a family ticket so I can't even use the season ticket discount.

It's just another direct debit to the list so who cares; presumably it helps the club. Who knows, I might even win a tenner in a weekly raffle one day !! :tumbleweed:

well i joined the foundation when it started, as its like buying a lottery ticket, you know your not likely to win, but the money goes to a good cause,

i joined the Supporters club last season , mainly for the convenience of using the Dolman bar before games, but often last year you couldn't get in because the maximum number was already inside.. and on night games where the club said turn up early, you were stood outside because the Dolman bar wasn't going to open early.

so this year my I'll give my few pence to the ST and walk the extra few yards to the BS3, (where the drinks better anyway).

:englandsmile4wf:

You know I'm going to hold you to that don't you Mr.

well i did send in the form and my pennies a few weeks ago now ......... :innocent06:

no response, and the cheques not been cashed.... ( maybe they're trying to get enough material to make a shirt big enough for me ) :fingerscrossed:

or

does the trust have a break like the players ?? :tumbleweed:

Why not join all three?

Ah RR Would love to ; any NEWS on those delicate talks with the club re; what the ecks going on next season :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

well i did send in the form and my pennies a few weeks ago now ......... :innocent06:

no response, and the cheques not been cashed.... ( maybe they're trying to get enough material to make a shirt big enough for me ) :fingerscrossed:

or

does the trust have a break like the players ?? :tumbleweed:

I havent checked the post for a couple of weeks sorry, I promise faithfully to go and do so tomorrow and let you know that we have received your cheque.

That ok my dear?

Good Evening Miss Marie..

there's still no sign of the ST, laying claim to my hard earned pennies

look there's one rolling away now :tumbleweed:

Sorry my dear I thought id sent you a message, bit of a hectic weekend. I picked up your application on Friday with several others, I have sent it to the membership secretary to process, and I will be getting your cheque to the bank this week. It is here safe and sound I promise.

:)

Thought I joined the Foundation about 4weeks, at least, ago via telephone call from them; still waiting any details / info/ confirmation letter etc to be sent out????????????? :fastasleep:

Archived