IGNORED

Saturday Afternoons

dezgimed

I noticed this too, it's totally different than us watching football, fans seem to use it as more of a social gathering and spend allot of time chatting and eating etc... It's not like being at Ashton Gate were your glued to the game all the way through. Maybe baseball is like that because the amount of games played, imagine going to a city game four days in a row (bit like cricket) then 3 nights the following week and in between watching the away games on TV. Just not the same as looking forward to Saturday afternoons is it. But saying that I've been to Ice Hockey and Basketball and it's the same.

I would encourage anyone (especially if you like cricket) to look into baseball, I was the same with oh it's rounders etc but learn it (I'm still no expert, it's more complicated than you think), watch it, pick a team and you maybe surprised. I really enjoyed the end of last season.

If anyone wants to look into learning more about Baseball we have just started a team that plays in a National league. Playing in places like Southampton, Oxford, ect, This might help facebook - Bristol Badgers , Our ground is in Southmead.

Its terrible NO football , cant be bothered with the euro, so heres what ive done got a PS3 with Pro evo 2008. edited BCFC with all the players and started my master league. on verge of promotion after 3 seasons. Keeps me entertained anyway plus trundles always scoring on it. do the same and maybe we can all go on line in a bristol city fans league.

anyone done the same?

Just to make it worse - I literally just had some post drop through the letterbox.

One of which was a letter addressed to me in very neat calligraphy writing.

Inside a letter from Colin Sexstone confirming my purchase of a season ticket and debit card receipt for the transaction.

How many weeks have we got left to wait???

Yeah when I went last year I was really surprised about the attitude of the fans. Being english and used to watching my sports intently it was an eye opener. When the end of the game was nearing most people had disappeared :tumbleweed: . I think the sheer volume of games must take its toll on fans but there was very little atmosphere until Barry Bonds smashed it out of the park at which point everyone went berserk.

I was very skeptical before I saw a game but if you pick a team it makes it so much more interesting. As San Francisco was the first and only ballpark I went to I support them even though they aren't much good. I quite like my team though, it would be no fun picking the Red Sox or Yankees and it makes it that much more satisfying when we win.

I actually picked the Red Sox mainly because my local bar (where I watched most games) is Boston themed so the atmosphere in there was great during Red Sox games, has allot of memorabilia etc in there so I tagged along with the crowd.

I actually picked the Red Sox mainly because my local bar (where I watched most games) is Boston themed so the atmosphere in there was great during Red Sox games, has allot of memorabilia etc in there so I tagged along with the crowd.

That's fair enough mate. If you get a link which leads you to support any team that is the best way to do it. Its just fans in this country might look at baseball and pick the Red Sox by default for obvious reasons.

over the next 6 weekends, I'm abroad for 4 of them, Stag Do's and holiday to America (where I'm going to see a MLS Soccer game between San Jose v LA Galaxy)

by the time I get back.............PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES will be starting

This is the best time of the year Dez! Loads of time to soak up some sun (hopefully), play some golf, play some cricket, host bbq's, drink some cider, watch the birds flit by looking good with their summer glow then before you know it pre-season's upon us. Glorious time of the year.

Good stuff. I follow your Divisional rival Phillies. Watched a storming 20-5 win over Colorado last night on NASN which was impressive.

I went to the Shea last season to see the Mets/Dodgers. I'm a baseball virgin, but found it soooo boring.

Serving beer to your seat though was class (as were the mortar fired t-shirts)

Archived