IGNORED

Who Will Be On The Transfer List Then

Pete1975Legend

My Thoughts are:

Keogh

Betsy

Brooker

Wilson

I think with Vasko going back, GJ will be looking for cover for Carey (thats why he brought in Vasko in the first place) so the attempt to offer Keogh new terms might just be a way of sorting that one out.

We all know (before his misguided attempts to renegotiate) that Keogh was a hugely promising player for us. If he gets his head clear of his idiot agent then he could be challenging for a first team place again.

I hope Brooker stays, for the (albeit) brief glimpse we saw of him he looked mobile and much more dangerous than Byfield or Showumni. The big question is can he get fit and stay fit.

Betsy came in to get us out of League 1 and has sadly been left behind, Wilson lacks something for me, neither an attacking winger nor a defending full back) so I can see them being shipped out. But what of Myrie Williams, Plummer, Artus and the other 'hotshots'? more season long loans? I think we either play them or sell 'em.

GJ offering Keogh a new deal is just a way of ensuring that we can get more money out of him if he does decide to leave, because tbh it could go to a tribunal and they like to see that you value the player. Having said that I'd like to see him given another chance as he still has a lot of potential and could be a really useful player once he matures more.

GJ offering Keogh a new deal is just a way of ensuring that we can get more money out of him if he does decide to leave, because tbh it could go to a tribunal and they like to see that you value the player. Having said that I'd like to see him given another chance as he still has a lot of potential and could be a really useful player once he matures more.

GJ has always rated him, thats clear from the season we went up.

Maybe because RK has had time to stew in L1, seen our progression, and perhaps has come back cap in hand that he has been rewarded with a contract that

I would expect him to now be part of GJs plans

GJ has always rated him, thats clear from the season we went up.

Maybe because RK has had time to stew in L1, seen our progression, and perhaps has come back cap in hand that he has been rewarded with a contract that

I would expect him to now be part of GJs plans

I spoke to Keough at the colchester game (a while ago I know), had sponsors tickets etc.. He seemed really keen on staying and said he loved the club. Sounded genuine to me but it may just be a case of saying the right things to the fans etc. I hope he stays, I have always rated him...

Betsy will definately be listed

Think there could also be a few surprises as well though, maybe someone like Sproule or McAllister later on in the summer when player's of better ability have been signed.

I hope we don't get rid of Sproule, I rate him highly. He started the season brilliantly and it just seemed to fade a little in the second half. Hopefully we'll get a full, consistent season out of him next.

I would expect bids for some of our better players. Something along the lines of..

Noble

Johnson

Elliot

Basso

Do you mean you would be happy to let all 4 of those go? Because Selling Noble Elliot and Basso, frankly three of our best players would just be disaterous

Do you mean you would be happy to let all 4 of those go? Because Selling Noble Elliot and Basso, frankly three of our best players would just be disaterous

i think he meant he's expecting interest in our top players...not that he thinks we should/will sell them...

Betsy will definately be listed.

Think there could also be a few surprises as well though, maybe someone like Sproule or McAllister later on in the summer when player's of better ability have been signed.

I would think that brooker will go at some stage nothing really to do with his behaviour just that he cannot stay fit and is a terrible drain on the funds. I think hes a great player but then hes a luxury type we cannot afford- Your Darren Anderton or your Harry Kewels are good when they play but blink and you may have missed it.

I really do hope he can get fit and stay that way. I cant see him going in the summer but if he doesnt prove his fittness then he will be gone in th Jan window next season.

Eh???????????????

Not heard that one !

Was just thinking the same thing! Maybe that means we're not allowed to post any transfer rumours or potential targets should it be allegedly close to the truth... :noexpression:

Was just thinking the same thing! Maybe that means we're not allowed to post any transfer rumours or potential targets should it be allegedly close to the truth... :noexpression:

you can post transfer rumours or potential targets but the dodgy thing is posting about rumours of brooker

that are not true in the behavior sense as it could get you in to trouble, if you want to post saying brooker

could be put on the transfer list then fair enough.

wilson

betsy

neither of them have managed to hold down a starting place and neither have shone when they've played so i see them both leaving.

To be fair only about 12 or 13 have held down regular starting places over the season and that is because the side pretty much picked its self. That doesnt mean everyone else will be going. I think Betsy is likely to go and the fact Johnson didn't use him at all this season would back that up. Plus he is nearing 30 or is already 30. Wilson and Skuse on the other hand are young, fit and capable of covering a number of positions. They have both done a job everytime they has been called upon so for this reason i can't see them going, unless of course we get an offer that is too good to refuse.

I hope we don't get rid of Sproule, I rate him highly. He started the season brilliantly and it just seemed to fade a little in the second half. Hopefully we'll get a full, consistent season out of him next.

[/quote)

I agree 100% but now getting to the stage where i am giving up on the bloke. It's so frustrating he can cause havock in the Championship if he wants but seems to me just cant be bothered.

i think he meant he's expecting interest in our top players...not that he thinks we should/will sell them...

correct. As we are now a 'successful' and 'well known' club, i would be amazed if we don't get couple of big bids for any of these.

On the flip side, if we can keep them and get maybe Lita AND Lafferty (plus a couple of up and coming players), I will be pushing us for a top 2

[/quote)

Know what you mean. Cant remember which game it was at AG towards the end of the season when Ivan had a complete shocker - think it might have been Wolves. Speculation (on here) was that he wasnt fit.

What's annoying for me is that Ivan always looks well up for it - but then he doesnt sustain it. GJ will def give him more time though - and it strikes me as unlikely, given what he's shown us so far, that someone will come in and offer serious money for him.

Think there may be interest in:

Fontaine

Basso

Orr

Elliot

maybe noble

There is definately going to be interest from higher clubs in one otr two of our players. The club will sell if the right offer comes in and offers good value for money.

Keep in mind that we have one or two players in the reserves this season who will be pushing for a place next...IMO the one player who had a super season that is going to/has attracted attention is McIndoe.

Ah i see! I suppose we should probably expect some interest in our players although i would subsititute McIndoe for Johnson in that list of players. I think he will have far more interest.

However I think it is key that we keep hold of these players and boost our squad then maybe we could think about making the play-offs again. Automatic is out of the question in my opinion with the likes of reading etc coming down from the Premier League.

I think we need to move on the likes of Betsy and fringe players like that and accumilate some cash for a few better quality players.

Archived