IGNORED

Just Announced!

Dolman Block B

I can answer Robbered on 2 on the new ST's, they are for me and my 9 year old son.

Now am I a part timer and would it matter if I was!!???

I am 40, married (to a football hating wife) and have 4 children aged 12, 10, 5 and 2.

To get to aston gate its a round trip of 4 hours and in petrol terms add £35 to each game I come to. but I still manage about 10 - 12 games per season on a POTD basis.

I was born and bred in Knowle and whilst I always supported city, both my parents were non footy types, so only started regularly attending when I went to work (1989 season - a pretty good one to start with).

for the last 20 years I have worked all round the UK, even when I was based in Scotland and had no money what so ever, I still managed to get to about 5 - 7 games (hitch hiking in the rain for 8 hours on a few memorable occasions).

I also traveled 8 hours by train on one occasion to Bristol to find the game had been called off (frozen stands!! I think was the reason given, but I maybe wrong it was about 15 years ago).

Over the years I have watched city get beat in just about every no good, miserable, wind swept and god forsaken ground in the UK. I have been threatened and intimidated by police and fans alike. I have stood in the rain, I have missed the last train. I have stumbled into bed at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, and had to get up for work the following morning.

My wife has complained to marriage consullars that I have "issues" because its like I am "on drugs" for a week after city win and conversly I am depressed when they lose.

I have had to endure supporting city under Russell Osman and Lumsden, I have had to pay good money to see players in the past disgrace the shirt I love, often while kissing the badge. (thank the lord for GJ and the current team who have done us all so proud)

I have held a ST for about 10 of the last 20 years, based on cost and where I lived (never, ever on performance or position!)

i have been a member of the forums since before it was all glossy and flash, I have been warned at work for spending too much time on them...

I bought shares when the club said it would help - (even though I was in debt). I am a foundation member etc, etc...

I have never responded to the "part timer" jibes on here before as I realise it is mainly from inbreds and half witts who think they are true supporters, but are only fools who spend their time getting blind drunk before a game and then spending the 90 minutes yelling at their fellow fans and not even watching their own team play (yep, seen it far too often over the years).

However Robbered, I do respect you and hence the reply...

I have bought the ST's this year as last year I found it difficult to get tickets for a number of games and often had to get two single tickets which is not great with a 10 year old. I also like to watch the match with the other grumbly old men in the Dolman, so have splashed money and got two ST's.

I hope I have highlighted that it takes all sorts to make up a fan base, some like me are born and bred, others come later in life, some are passing through (living in Bristol for a short time) others follow city on line or abroad - ALL OF THEM should be welcomed by us and the club. None should be left behind as we strive to progress and hopefully fill a bigger stadium.

Ta, ta for now!

Well said mate. This is one of the best posts I've read in many years of reading this forum. Some people on this forum think that if you don't attend every game that City play you are a second class citizen and not worthy of attending Ashton Gate.

I have every respect for season ticket holders, I was one for over ten years until family commitments changed, they are the life blood of the club, and when finances and time allow I will return with my family to watch regularly.

I just wish that one or two of the people on this forum would remember that in the great scheme of things season ticket holders actually make up the minority of city fans as is shown every time we get a big game and people make that extra effort to attend.

First time season ticket holder here - first time due to many reasons but mainly living in Wales means that the cost of travel has to be added into the equation - 10 matches at £55 (Dolman POTD, Bridge and fuel) was £550 plus City Foundation at £114 meant a total of £664.

Why this year - where has this extra cash come from for a season ticket - well it's an overdraft and I have to pay it off but the crucial thing is the travel cost this year from Wales return will be £11.50 per saturday game - train tickets are so low in comparison to car - this is the biggest change for me - lets say 15 matches @ £11.50 plus £445 for the ST gives me a total of £620 for the year and I get to see 50% more - now why this year and not last year or the other 20 years for that matter? Family expenditure (another 40+ yr old here) and priorities meant that I couldnt justify the cost in relation to my overall income, plus also the revelation that the cost of travel by train will be so much less than my efforts by car - didnt realise how cheap in comparison until I checked it out - never thought of the train before - it does mean a 11:00 a.m. start and get in at 8:30 p.m. but that's part timers for you.

I can answer Robbered on 2 on the new ST's, they are for me and my 9 year old son.

I am 40, married (to a football hating wife) and have 4 children aged 12, 10, 5 and 2.

To get to aston gate its a round trip of 4 hours and in petrol terms add £35 to each game I come to. but I still manage about 10 - 12 games per season on a POTD basis.

I was born and bred in Knowle and whilst I always supported city, both my parents were non footy types, so only started regularly attending when I went to work (1989 season - a pretty good one to start with).

for the last 20 years I have worked all round the UK, even when I was based in Scotland and had no money what so ever, I still managed to get to about 5 - 7 games (hitch hiking in the rain for 8 hours on a few memorable occasions).

I also traveled 8 hours by train on one occasion to Bristol to find the game had been called off (frozen stands!! I think was the reason given, but I maybe wrong it was about 15 years ago).

Over the years I have watched city get beat in just about every no good, miserable, wind swept and god forsaken ground in the UK. I have been threatened and intimidated by police and fans alike. I have stood in the rain, I have missed the last train. I have stumbled into bed at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, and had to get up for work the following morning.

My wife has complained to marriage consullars that I have "issues" because its like I am "on drugs" for a week after city win and conversly I am depressed when they lose.

I have had to endure supporting city under Russell Osman and Lumsden, I have had to pay good money to see players in the past disgrace the shirt I love, often while kissing the badge. (thank the lord for GJ and the current team who have done us all so proud)

I have held a ST for about 10 of the last 20 years, based on cost and where I lived (never, ever on performance or position!)

i have been a member of the forums since before it was all glossy and flash, I have been warned at work for spending too much time on them...

I bought shares when the club said it would help - (even though I was in debt). I am a foundation member etc, etc...

I have never responded to the "part timer" jibes on here before as I realise it is mainly from inbreds and half witts who think they are true supporters, but are only fools who spend their time getting blind drunk before a game and then spending the 90 minutes yelling at their fellow fans and not even watching their own team play (yep, seen it far too often over the years).

However Robbered, I do respect you and hence the reply...

I have bought the ST's this year as last year I found it difficult to get tickets for a number of games and often had to get two single tickets which is not great with a 10 year old. I also like to watch the match with the other grumbly old men in the Dolman, so have splashed money and got two ST's.

I hope I have highlighted that it takes all sorts to make up a fan base, some like me are born and bred, others come later in life, some are passing through (living in Bristol for a short time) others follow city on line or abroad - ALL OF THEM should be welcomed by us and the club. None should be left behind as we strive to progress and hopefully fill a bigger stadium.

Ta, ta for now!

You deserve to be commended - a credit to our football club. The majority of people would not go through half of this to make a football match - unyet some would class you as a part timer.

Hopefully after such a great read, this part timer nonsense can be put to bed once and for all.

Just realise that there is a massive fan base in the West Country and at last, its being realised.

Hmmm ... make that 5 children ... something you're not telling your wife about BB?!!! :nono:

We have sold 500 according to todays Evening Post.

That the latest post over on Rovers forum

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

You forgot to mention Arny, the sags are laying on two coaches, yes you better believe it two coaches to give interested fans a trip to Whaddon road so they can choose where they want to sit if they buy a season ticket, holy mother of god :rofl2br:

Please do not stoop to their level and hang flags off motorway bridges wishing them God Speed

Can't we just be City fans, full stop? Why do we have to compare and clamour to be better than eachother?

I count a fan as someone who has an interest in the club and does what he or she can to follow the team. Maybe they are sat half way around the world and haven't been to a match in years, if ever ( for example x3widRacin until recently) or maybe someone goes every home and away, why is one better than the other?

I'm sure each and everyone of us would want to see every Bristol City match if we could, if money and time were no object. But people have to pick and choose and do what they can. I'm sure we all have at times been able to attend less than we would like, but that hasn't made anyone less of a fan if they have listened to the radio or read reports, used the forum etc.

I do think though the people who haven't kept up with the news, couldn't name a single player and just given up on the team shouldn't be called a 'fan' anyway. There's more to being a fan than just turning up to a game, and likewise you can still be a fan and not attend.

Can't we just be City fans, full stop? Why do we have to compare and clamour to be better than eachother?

I count a fan as someone who has an interest in the club and does what he or she can to follow the team. Maybe they are sat half way around the world and haven't been to a match in years, if ever ( for example x3widRacin until recently) or maybe someone goes every home and away, why is one better than the other?

I'm sure each and everyone of us would want to see every Bristol City match if we could, if money and time were no object. But people have to pick and choose and do what they can. I'm sure we all have at times been able to attend less than we would like, but that hasn't made anyone less of a fan if they have listened to the radio or read reports, used the forum etc.

I do think though the people who haven't kept up with the news, couldn't name a single player and just given up on the team shouldn't be called a 'fan' anyway. There's more to being a fan than just turning up to a game, and likewise you can still be a fan and not attend.

Well said Mara!

Lets face it, we'll need more than 14000 season ticket holders, plus Ashton Gate pay-on-the-day supporters to fill the Stevelodrome when it's completed.

Where were all these people last season?

probably just people who were "pay on the day" but loved it so much have decided to go for a ST, which is GREAT NEWS!!! already looking like it there is a good chance of an average attendace each week of around £16k

fairly sure that the remaining 700 or so will sell out!

Fantastic. The only word i can use.

I agree its brilliant, sod lossing at wembley I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT SEASON TO START. 14000 season ticket holders is a great turn out and when you think are average attendence was only 12000 two seasons ago. Imagine the new stadium full with 20000 25000 season ticket holders WOW!!!!

Great for the club to sell 13300 STs so far - but in view of the recent threads about partimers I'll ask the question before anyone else does -

Obviously not as commited as 'Robbosuperfanred'

Awesome news. Even though we've had a great first year up, I never expected so many sales for next season - not to mention after the heartache of Saturday.

Could we not sell more though?

19,500 Football Capacity: 14k + 2k away fans meaning a remainding 3500 seats to sell.

I've read on Sheffield Wednesday's website before about it's their policy to "make at least 15% of tickets for each home match available to non seaston ticket holders". Is the same 15% for all clubs, I wonder?

So 15% for City is: 2925. If the demand is there, can the club not sell another 500 s/t?

probably just people who were "pay on the day" but loved it so much have decided to go for a ST, which is GREAT NEWS!!! already looking like it there is a good chance of an average attendace each week of around £16k

Absolutly spot on bh, 2 of them are my 2 boys who went regularly last year and fell in love with the whole thing. Basso to them is God, they can now discuss starting line ups and scour the internet and papers for anything city, all this from a standing start before last season when they knew nothing.

Imagine last season as your first:

Many last minute winners (Norwich and Barnsley to name but 2)

Jamie McCoombe overhead kick

Nobes curling free kick

Bassos Watford penalty save

Trundle and Mcindoe goals in the Palace game (would say Nobes at palace but we didnt go away).

All topped off with a trip to Wembley.

Not surprised they were over the moon when I told them they had season tickets, THATS WHERE THEY COME FROM ROBBORED

Only downside was at Wembley when some muppet in front of us kept turning and shreiking to all and sundry "don't YOU WANT IT, don't YOU WANT IT"............I have no problem with people standing and singing, I will stand behind you and my kids can stand on their seats and we will join in, but I have a major problem with being told how to support my team.

Absolutly spot on bh, 2 of them are my 2 boys who went regularly last year and fell in love with the whole thing. Basso to them is God, they can now discuss starting line ups and scour the internet and papers for anything city, all this from a standing start before last season when they knew nothing.

Imagine last season as your first:

Many last minute winners (Norwich and Barnsley to name but 2)

Jamie McCoombe overhead kick

Nobes curling free kick

Bassos Watford penalty save

Trundle and Mcindoe goals in the Palace game (would say Nobes at palace but we didnt go away).

All topped off with a trip to Wembley.

Not surprised they were over the moon when I told them they had season tickets, THATS WHERE THEY COME FROM ROBBORED

Only downside was at Wembley when some muppet in front of us kept turning and shreiking to all and sundry "don't YOU WANT IT, don't YOU WANT IT"............I have no problem with people standing and singing, I will stand behind you and my kids can stand on their seats and we will join in, but I have a major problem with being told how to support my team.

No need to have a pop at me. I only asked the question before someone else started up a seperate thread which no doubt would have droned on and on.

Frankly I don't care where the new ST holders come from.The club has had a very successfull season and the rewards for that are that more fans are prepared to put thier hands in thier pockets and part with the hard earned up front. It goes with the 'feel good' factor around AG just now.

It'll never go away mate.

There'll be more of this sort on this thread later.

Great post. I am in a similar tricky position as an exile i could buy a season ticket and realistically only attend say 5 games a season therefore an empty seat at ag vertually all season, is that fair? However if no season ticket some would still call me a part timer. I know friends from london who have purchased st's as if a successfull season this is the only way to gaurantee entry, however also will not be able to attend every game.

Catch 22 being attending away games (better atmosphere, fun, comeradery, easier travel) for me will not gaurantee a ticket for "the big games" therefore, a gloryhunter?

Strange situation great thread that fella.

Great for the club to sell 13300 STs so far - but in view of the recent threads about partimers I'll ask the question before anyone else does -

could well be they pay as you go fans have decided to get season tickets

No need to have a pop at me. I only asked the question before someone else started up a seperate thread which no doubt would have droned on and on.

Frankly I don't care where the new ST holders come from.The club has had a very successfull season and the rewards for that are that more fans are prepared to put thier hands in thier pockets and part with the hard earned up front. It goes with the 'feel good' factor around AG just now.

I think another important point is GJ's future here. While he probably knows just what the fans think about him, he must have been looking to see how success on the field translates into tangible support in terms of attendances.

For a good deal of last season, reading posts on here there seemed to be a general feeling of disappointment that attendances at AG weren't as good as our results merited. It was only the final run in that saw sell out crowds. If we had seen the normal muted response from the Bristol public then it might have got Gary wondering whether this club's supporters actually wanted, and would support, the sort of success he is aiming to bring.

After the disappointment of Wembley, the ST sales are tremendous, and hopefully shows Gary and the Board that success will bring the fans to AG and give them added confidence in being abble to fill the new stadium when it's finished.

Well done to all the new ST holders for getting a ST.

If we are to push on and get the success we all desire, then we need to get as many bums on seats as possible.

As has been said, i am sure that GJ was looking to see what response the fans would give on the back of a brilliant season and i think he is more than pleased with it.

Now if only we could get more of Bristol behind us, this club could really take off.

I guess we know where Rovers AWOL 3,000 season ticket holders are then - down at Ashton Gate to watch some real football having seen the light.

It's great news and it pretty much guarantees a 15k or more average next season which pays the wage bill according to SteveL. If we do well it will be easy to sell out, and retaining season ticket holders is easier than getting them to sign up in the first place. The future looks great.

There's clearly 2 views here, but this is the way I see it. On a cold January afternoon in 2006 I attended my first Bristol City game. We won 3-0, yet before that game I knew nothing about City. I diddnt know anything about the East End, and its culture, nor could I name any other stand at Ashton Gate, apart from the Dolman, where I sat. On that day I began supporting Bristol City. I loved the atmosphere side of it, and eventully moved to the Atyeo stand. The next Autumn I had my first season ticket, Block H Atyeo and we ended up going up. Towards the end of that season I moved to the East End, first game in there vs Swansea. From my first home game I have only missed 3 games at Ashton Gate.

Hopefully some of these season ticket holders will have the same experence as me, and start to love attending every week. Good luck to them, and as a club we need new fans to progress.

Archived