IGNORED

2008 Atlantic Hurricane Season Fantasy League

chowie

As Dolly approaches land she is making some last minute strengthening, see from the radar below the eye has formed and Dolly has got it together for land as a Cat 2 Hurricane, it's almost there with winds of 95mph. The eye is expected to hit within the next 2 hours.

10o409e.jpg

Now it's over cuba and time for it to strengthen in warm waters, Fay has bought allot of rain so far, I hear around 30 deaths in Haiti due to mud slides etc. Current path is projected through central Florida as a Cat 1 Hurricane, the image below should keep updating with the latest images, allot of those boxes you see appearing are Tornado warnings.

BYX_loop.gif

Getting windy here, Schools closed and some theme parks, worrying track I saw was Fay leaving Florida into the Atlantic, strengthening to a Hurricane and doing a u turn back to Florida for a second shot on Friday!!!!

Anyway this is not what to do in these conditions, the only reported injury so far, Kite Surfing :noexpression:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-cIUl2MpG0&NR=1

Fay as picked up allot of points, parts of Florida East Coast is still flooding and is a disaster area, evacuations, FEMA are in town, lots still happening.

Also we now have Hurricane Gustav, it's not looking good, already became Hurricane very quickly is currently near Haiti with computer models taking it into the Gulf of Mexico after just clipping Cuba. This is bad because it's very warm water for an already established Hurricane to grow, I've just looked through a model that predicts this into the New Orleans area as a Cat 3/4 Hurricane :disapointed2se:

Current path for Gustav. I'm the pink blob above 'AM' in 8 AM Fri

Undercurrent of mild panic on the streets.

NOAA

Ah so your in the Cayman, currently expecting to be a Hurricane (92 mph) just north of you, it's slowed down to 2PM Friday hopefully by the time it's near you it will be moving faster, take care it's going to be wet and windy.

Don't get over-excited. Nana will be "the big one".

If it follows the projected path (especially if it moves slightly more west and goes through the gap i.e misses Cuba) we have the potential for a monster, official forecast is stil only (only :noexpression:) a Cat 3 Hurricane I will not be surprised to see a 4/5 and sadly a Katrina type repeat. But seems to be some high pressure forecast to come through Texas next week and if Gustav takes longer (past Wednesday and moves slower) than expected, I expect a shift East (maybe south or put the breaks on it) in the Gulf, if it does make landfall to the East of New Orleans then at least they should be on the weaker side. Parts of Cuba also still flooded (from Fay plus rain bands from this) so bad timing for them too.

Just read that again :fastasleep: , I could have sumed that up by saying it's to early to tell yet :rolleyes:

Oh and there is a possible Hanna coming soon currently known as Invest 95L.

Yep we now have Hanna too, Gustav has done a strange turn for Jamacia and is strengthened after it weakened over Haiti. It's Labour day here Monday (think there was a huge labour day storm hitting before) , looks like I will be spending it in the middle of two Hurricanes...

tracka.gif

Archived