IGNORED

Let's Bring Nicky Maynard To City

Belfastcityfan

I've been saying it for months!!!

YES.

Prem clubs may be looking at him, but if he does go to a prem club he's not going to play much right away, he's better of going to a championship club and establishing himself firstq

I'll repeat what I said on the Tyson thread as I've been banging the drum for him for too long now...

Lets hope so. I'd be delighted to think we're in for Nicky Maynard. Be a great signing for us as well as being an investment that we could double or treble the outlay on if he took off, which I'm sure he would at this level.

Best young striking talent outside the Prem for me.

Go get him City. :chant6ez:

Nicky's never really been a City name, far from it, too assosiated with gas but Nicky Carle has now put paid to that.

As I said on another thread, looking through the various signing threads numerous players are mentioned, and then dismissed by many, but Maynard seems to have a concensus of fans behind him.

I think Maynard should be our first choice and only move on to others, including possibly Leroy, if and when we have to.

A definite thumbs up for Maynard from me. :city:

Nicky's never really been a City name, far from it, too assosiated with gas but Nicky Carle has now put paid to that.

As I said on another thread, looking through the various signing threads numerous players are mentioned, and then dismissed by many, but Maynard seems to have a concensus of fans behind him.

I think Maynard should be our first choice and only move on to others, including possibly Leroy, if and when we have to.

A definite thumbs up for Maynard from me. :city:

Nicky Morgan?

Nicky Carle (as the aussies call him)?

On the subject of new faces at the club, there are two players i believe GJ will be looking to sign in the summer, both would be excellent additions to the club.

Keogh at Wolves, very skillful would suit our style and scored a number of excellent goals in the championship this year, to build on his good reputation at S****horpe. With the abundence of strikers at Molenuix, and GJ's close link to Mick McCarthey, i think this really could be a goer.

Misfud at Coventry would also be an excellent capture. He wants out of the sinking ship and although his form dipped in the second half of the season, he is a real talent. When paired with Adebola, they destroyed ManUre and Blackburn away in the cups.

Defence wise, i expect to see a bid for McAuley at Leicester, the one shining light in Holloways terrible side.

What do you think of these three?

On the subject of new faces at the club, there are two players i believe GJ will be looking to sign in the summer, both would be excellent additions to the club.

Keogh at Wolves, very skillful would suit our style and scored a number of excellent goals in the championship this year, to build on his good reputation at S****horpe. With the abundence of strikers at Molenuix, and GJ's close link to Mick McCarthey, i think this really could be a goer.

Misfud at Coventry would also be an excellent capture. He wants out of the sinking ship and although his form dipped in the second half of the season, he is a real talent. When paired with Adebola, they destroyed ManUre and Blackburn away in the cups.

Defence wise, i expect to see a bid for McAuley at Leicester, the one shining light in Holloways terrible side.

Interesting ones there, all of which I could believe GJ might want/are possible.

McCarthey tends to re-build at the drop of a hat and with Vokes having just signed you would wonder where all their strikers will fit in. With Ebanks-Blake, Eastwood (for now at least), Boothroyd (another maybe on his way), Vokes, Ward (although he has been put on the wing a fair bit), Elliot and Kyle fighting with Keogh for a place it would not be hugely shocking if he moved. They are also hunting Jones at Derby who they'll need funds to sign, which might make them open to offers.

Misfud being unsettled is believable as a player who can score against Premership opposition in the cups will always attract attention, and the fact Eastwood may be heading to the Rioch will make Coventry open to offers. Good call.so a move to us would b

McAuley is an intersting one, although I'd think that the Foxes might prove a decent bargin-basement shopping destination for Shampionship clubs this summer, due to the massive squad and instability.

I'll add a couple of names to the mix; Martin Paterson at Scunny got 14 in 42 games (cups and league) last season and only has another year left on his contract, having signed a two year deal last summer. The fact he'll be a league lower next year and he is only just 21, coupled wth his contract length would make him a target for me. He also has his international career to think about. He might not have scored a massive amount (13 league goals) but that is after only one seasonof first team footie and in a team who got relegated. He has pace and a cracking finish going for him.

And (I know I keep going on about them) the two Motherwell players, Ross McCormack and David Clarkson, who both got their first international caps yesterday (Clarkson hitting an excelent goal too). We bid for McCormack in jan, although he decided to stay and is now out of contract, and in negotiations with his club, whilst we bid roughly £250-£300K for Clarkson the day after the playoff final (as told to me by his best mate). Both look handy although now as they are full internatonals I can see them being a bit more pricey wages-wise (although at least McCormack would be free).

Interesting ones there, all of which I could believe GJ might want/are possible.

McCarthey tends to re-build at the drop of a hat and with Vokes having just signed you would wonder where all their strikers will fit in. With Ebanks-Blake, Eastwood (for now at least), Boothroyd (another maybe on his way), Vokes, Ward (although he has been put on the wing a fair bit), Elliot and Kyle fighting with Keogh for a place it would not be hugely shocking if he moved. They are also hunting Jones at Derby who they'll need funds to sign, which might make them open to offers.

Misfud being unsettled is believable as a player who can score against Premership opposition in the cups will always attract attention, and the fact Eastwood may be heading to the Rioch will make Coventry open to offers. Good call.so a move to us would b

McAuley is an intersting one, although I'd think that the Foxes might prove a decent bargin-basement shopping destination for Shampionship clubs this summer, due to the massive squad and instability.

I'll add a couple of names to the mix; Martin Paterson at Scunny got 14 in 42 games (cups and league) last season and only has another year left on his contract, having signed a two year deal last summer. The fact he'll be a league lower next year and he is only just 21, coupled wth his contract length would make him a target for me. He also has his international career to think about. He might not have scored a massive amount (13 league goals) but that is after only one seasonof first team footie and in a team who got relegated. He has pace and a cracking finish going for him.

And (I know I keep going on about them) the two Motherwell players, Ross McCormack and David Clarkson, who both got their first international caps yesterday (Clarkson hitting an excelent goal too). We bid for McCormack in jan, although he decided to stay and is now out of contract, and in negotiations with his club, whilst we bid roughly £250-£300K for Clarkson the day after the playoff final (as told to me by his best mate). Both look handy although now as they are full internatonals I can see them being a bit more pricey wages-wise (although at least McCormack would be free).

More good points raised there.

We have a proven scouting record in Scotland and usually a lot of other championship clubs avoid that resource. With Sproule and McAllister playing regularly here, we would be an attractive proposition to Scottish prem players outside the Auld Firm. I admit i know little of the two scottish lads, but i'll take samo's word for it as he is exilled north of the border! Interestingly, Sproule says the standard of the chamionship is far higher than the scottish prem, and that City would almost certainly challenge the top two, if not win it. Anyone who witnessed rangers 'performances' in europe would surely agree.

Interesting times ahead. If we keep Basso, Carle, McIndoe and Sir Gary and build on this squad, i can see another successful season.

CTID

I'd love it if we could get Keogh as I personally rate him and he's very much a 'GJ player'. However, he's a fans favourite at Molineux and having just made his Ireland debut I reckon his stock has gone up. He's never been prolific either but I think the chance of getting him are going to be unlikely. They'll look to offload Bothroyd, Eastwood, Elliott and maybe Kyle as their strikers this summer, especially as they're looking to bring in Lafferty from Burnley.

I'm undecided on Mifsud. I don't think he's as good as what people make out and, according to Beast 23 who claims to be his cousin and sits in front of me in the Atyeo, he's already tried to get a trial with City only to be rejected cos he was too small. How much truth there is in that, I don't know. He could be just a flash in the pan on the early part of the season and faded badly towards the end. Think there's better out there myself but wouldn't be disappointed if we went in for him. Think he'd command a hefty seven-figure fee though as Reading were quoted £5m in January.

I'd much rather have Richard Stearman personally. McAuley's a good player, and knows McCombe from his Lincoln days, but Stearman would be the one to go for in my book. Real presence in opposition box's whilst also being comfortable at right-back and having age on his side at 21.

And (I know I keep going on about them) the two Motherwell players, Ross McCormack and nof first team footie and in a team who got relegated. He has pace and a cracking finish going for himDavid Clarkson, who both got their first international caps yesterday (Clarkson hitting an excelent goal too). We bid for McCormack in jan, although he decided to stay and is now out of contract, and in negotiations with his club, whilst we bid roughly £250-£300K for Clarkson the day after the playoff final (as told to me by his best mate). Both look handy although now as they are full internatonals I can see them being a bit more pricey wages-wise (although at least McCormack would be free).

Archived