IGNORED

Bocanegra -not A Rumour

internetjef

I heard he was released by Fulham on 23rd May 2008.

got loads of prem experience, and international appearances. plus he can play left back or centre back (two positions many have mentioned we need cover), plus apparently hes only 29 (i thought he was much older, sorry carlos :laugh:).

could we attract him to city, should we look at him? wages may be a touch high but i reckon it could be a good shout. cant seem to find any rumours about where he is off to though, strange.

only potential downside is he would have to start, which may hinder fonts progress in the short term if he took his place

what do you all think?

should we look at him? wages may be a touch high but i reckon it could be a good shout. cant seem to find any rumours about where he is off to though, strange.

what do you all think?

Like Robbie Fowler 12 months ago; if he has to choose between Unemployment Benefit or continuing to play but on a lower wage than previously and not in the Prem, he'll carry on playing.

couple of bits of info gleamed from various sources (forums/gossip colums etc)

fulham fan on forum noted 'Believe it or not but Boca was only on about 8K a week'.

they all seem to agree he wasnt really 1st team Premier League standard but are all sad to see him go as a squad player, due to his versatility.

apparently coventry have been limnked (cov fan on fulhams board).

only negative point is this from bbcs gossip column a few days ago

American Carlos Bocanegra has let other clubs know he wants to stay in the Premier League after being released by Fulham. (Sun).

Surely unless its stoke, wba or hull no one elase from prem will go in. could be a great move for city if they can convince him to come down to chaampionship for a seson (till we go up :laugh:). another thread stasrted today says our top earners are on about 8k, so his wages would be affordable

Archived