IGNORED

Our Physio

Guest Garfunkle

Could have been tricky to hide on the pitch, in worst case circumstances...

:noexpression:

It's been done before.

I seem to recall during the play-off final versus Brighton we had s**t all over the pitch.

It's not clear cut with head injuries and concussion. Often someone can appear to be fine and start exhibiting symptoms hours later. That's why they always keep you in over night at hospital if you go in with a head injury whether you seem fine or not. It's also rarely possible to diagnose a fracture around the head without an x-ray, it's not like a broken limb where it's obvious.

Apparently Brad appeared fine (yeah he looked off the pace but most people would just think he needs to run it off) and didn't have symptoms and then he started chatting b***ocks 15 minutes later - pretty much hallucinating. That's when he went off. How often do you see players taken off as a precaution in potentially the biggest game of their career? I'm sure if you ask the player he would say it was the right thing to let him try and carry on.

The physio staff feel probably bad enough about it as it is and I very much doubt there was more they could have done.

I'd stick to subjects that you have a better understanding of.

This was a serious error and shouldn't have been missed.

I'd stick to subjects that you have a better understanding of.

This was a serious error and shouldn't have been missed.

Fantastic post. Perhaps you could make it even better by explaining which bit I'm wrong about?

Most of that was explained to me by the nice people in the hospital (doctors I think?) who treated me for something similar a few years ago.

It's good to see that the club has got a broad range of medical experts to fall back on should they require it! The ability to utilise hindsight and diagnose from 200 yards will no doubt prove useful next season.

Calling the integrity of the club's medical staff into question is absolutely ridiculous. Are people seriously suggesting that two extremely experienced and capable professionals (having worked tirelessly to help bring Steve Brooker back to fitness) conspired to ignore a significant facial injury.

If the full extent of the injury was in any way obvious, rest assured necessary action would have been taken.

COYR

It's good to see that the club has got a broad range of medical experts to fall back on should they require it! The ability to utilise hindsight and diagnose from 200 yards will no doubt prove useful next season.

Calling the integrity of the club's medical staff into question is absolutely ridiculous. Are people seriously suggesting that two extremely experienced and capable professionals (having worked tirelessly to help bring Steve Brooker back to fitness) conspired to ignore a significant facial injury.

If the full extent of the injury was in any way obvious, rest assured necessary action would have been taken.

COYR

Great post. As Nibor says head injurys are especially difficult to diagnose and to criticize a medical team who have a history of good decisions is - at best - harsh.

Archived