IGNORED

Qpr

mightyreds89

Queens Park Rangers are targeting an ambitious move for Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood and want to pair him with West Ham's Bobby Zamora. (Sunday Mirror)

QPR are also planning to complete a Premier League hat-trick with the signing of Spurs defender Anthony Gardner. (Sunday Mirror)

Queens Park Rangers are targeting an ambitious move for Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood and want to pair him with West Ham's Bobby Zamora. (Sunday Mirror)

QPR are also planning to complete a Premier League hat-trick with the signing of Spurs defender Anthony Gardner. (Sunday Mirror)

I would take anything that comes out of the mirror with a pinch of salt.

As for there ambition there is no doubting it. Read something last week that the executive boxes have been remodeled and now cost more that Arsenal's boxes. Money will no doubt flow at Loftus Road but it doesn't buy you everything.

Guest MaloneFM

Sunday Mirror/Daily Mirror...these are the people that have put Liam Fontaune at Anfield. According to a 'source'. During the close seaosn when you read this kind of rubbish look for where it came from and if it doesn't give a name then stick it in the bin.

And besides they have got the footbslling genius that is Dowie in charge.

So mid table it is then

Next season's Sheffield United.

Lots of cash to spend - assemble some big signings - useless manager in charge - midtable - sack manager and put someone half decent in charge - make a charge but too much ground to make up.

QPR's season ahead.

Good - I hate that club.

Next season's Sheffield United.

Lots of cash to spend - assemble some big signings - useless manager in charge - midtable - sack manager and put someone half decent in charge - make a charge but too much ground to make up.

QPR's season ahead.

Good - I hate that club.

Agreed. A team with that much money and apparently ambition and they appoint Dowie :noexpression:

Dowie will piss all that money away on individual players that look ok but don't make a team, they will underperform, he will start talking about commitment and running through brick walls, the fans will get restless at being below mid table and he will be sacked by Xmas. At which point they will choose a random italian to caretake and in the summer appoint some other Martin Allen like numpty and rinse and repeat.

ermm... didn't Jack Walker "buy" his way to the Premier League title in 4 years with Blackburn?

...and what about Chelski?

Chelsea won what last/this season? All that money and if Roman leaves they are up poo creek without a paddle. Blackburn won the tittle back in the day, Walker spent peanuts in compared todays big fish.

How about Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham?

Chelsea won what last/this season? All that money and if Roman leaves they are up poo creek without a paddle. Blackburn won the tittle back in the day, Walker spent peanuts in compared todays big fish.

How about Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham?

Chelsea have won the title since Abrahmovich took over.... and nobody mentioned amounts...

I was merely giving examples that your comment "money doesn't buy everything" was inaccurate, unless you think winning the Premier league is not 'everything'?

Chelsea have won the title since Abrahmovich took over.... and nobody mentioned amounts...

I was merely giving examples that your comment "money doesn't buy everything" was inaccurate, unless you think winning the Premier league is not 'everything'?

I think the point is, it doesn't necessarily buy you everything.

Whilst Chelsea have won things since Abramovich took over, they most certainly have not won everything. In fact, this season they won precisely nothing.

london paper supporting rumours for london club...........hmmmm........believe those signings when I see them

They're after Palace's Ben Watson as well for £1.25m if the NOTW is to be believed. If they got him in alongside Martin Rowlands that'd be the best central midfield partnership in the league by a mile.

one player in this league who I would bend over backwards to get would be Ben Watson.

Sorry to take a contrary view, but people on here are churning out the same names as 12 months ago in Webber, Tyson etc. I'd be more excited to be linked with Gardner,Harewood and even Zamora than the same old non-entities.

We need to be aiming a little higher imo.

Sorry to take a contrary view, but people on here are churning out the same names as 12 months ago in Webber, Tyson etc. I'd be more excited to be linked with Gardner,Harewood and even Zamora than the same old non-entities.

We need to be aiming a little higher imo.

and i'm sure we are

chelsea spent what last season? before anelka they spent money on malouda and... well nobody every1 else was on a free

Chelsea spent over £40m last season. You're forgetting Ivanovic and Di Santo.

And they spent over £300m over the previous 4 seasons.

Not forgetting the £120-£150k a week wages they're paying the likes of Ballack.

Their wage expenditure vastly exceeds their income and they are a million miles from being profitable. If the Russian left they would be bankrupt overnight.

I think QPR have such a significant amount of money that you cannot dismiss them.

Sheffield United had a decent buget but once it was gone that was it - QPR can effectively afford to scrap a squad if need be and still do okay (2nd half of 2007/08 is a good example).

QPR's team is already significantly different to last summer - Damien Delaney, Gavin Mahon, Akos Buzsaky, Matthew Connolly, Patrick Agyemang, Fitz Hall all adapted reasonably well after being brought in during the season while the signings of Radek Cerny and Peter Ramage really indicate that they'll be looking at the play-offs at least.

The real issue I have with them lies with their change of crest...

Queens_Park_Rangers_badge.png

Good traditional badge.

190px-QPR_Logo.png

Seriously?

They will walk the championship....mark my word

Archived