IGNORED

Brooker

Jesus

I feel this is the time to offload Mr Brooker, sorry if some of you don't agree, but I can't see him ever getting back.

An idea would be to pack him off on a year loan to Chelteham, so if he did start doing some sort of a job all won't be lost...

So, what are your thoughts? Is this the end for Mr Brooker?

If he comes through pre season fit I think he will be a starting striker. We didn't see much of him last year but what we did see he looked the most dangerous of all.

If he picks up another injury that keeps him out for any length of time then that probably is it and he will end up at Cheltenham.

I don't see the benefit of offloading him if he's fit, it won't save any real money and he's a very good player.

I think there's definitely a place for a fully-fit Brooks in the city squad - ok, so he doesnt have lightening pace, but he must be a right *** to mark, as he doesnt stay in one place and make it easy for defenders, and he obviously loves to mix it a bit.

Get the impression that GJ is sort of fond of Brooks also - and will give him every chance to prove his fitness and play a part in the current set-up. Until he has made this assessment I cant see us buying another 'battering ram' kind of attacker.

I really, really don't know. I agree with Nibor though. If he has a good pre-season; he's in, if not, he's out.

He's what I always describe as a natural striker. Strong, mobile, two good feet and good in the air.

He can cut it in the championship - no question. I just hope he's fit and ready to go for the new season. :fingerscrossed:

I personally rate Brooker, he was a handfull at Cardiff, and scored a vital winner against Norwich. I really rate this lad. Great movement, and gets a shot off whenever the chance comes. Not affriad to shoot. And still young!

It would be madness to offload him, I vote a season long loan with Chelt, with a 24 hour release.

It would seem silly to offload Brooker but offer Murray a new deal?

last season of his current contract I believe.

if he can get himself fully fit during pre-season I'd expect him to make an impact at this level, given the chance.

if he hasn't played regularly and scored a few by xmas, I'd expect him to leave during Jan transfer window.

I feel this is the time to offload Mr Brooker, sorry if some of you don't agree, but I can't see him ever getting back.

An idea would be to pack him off on a year loan to Chelteham, so if he did start doing some sort of a job all won't be lost...

When brooker came back from cheltenham he was by far are most dangerous striker and posses more quality than all our strikers. Fitness is definetly a worry with steve and that on it's own makes him a gamble to keep as i believe to have a successful team you must have continuity but saying that also depth. Shipping him out on loan makes no sense as your just losing money of his valuation. I'm torn between keeping and letting him go (he must be worth a bit giving interest in jan).

I'm glad it's not my decision!

Brooker is a player who counts on his physical presence,movement (off the ball,not just when he's in possesion) and most importantly his fitness, which i don't think he will ever gain in full.

His 100% attitude is unquestionable and is a natural goal scorer but with the injurys and operations he's had to injure over the past few seasons, i don't think his body will take the riggers of championship football for a full season.

Even if he starts as a squad player, you it'll be when he gets injured and not if and is out of action.

The manager then gets to a stage when he cant rely on a player, so he becomes a liability rather than a asset.

So i think if an offer is made the club should take it. (brutal, but thats todays football)

well GJ waited for him to get all that treatment and I'm sure if he didnt want him at the time he could of offloaded him, hes the sort of striker we don't have at the moment espesialy as we only have two, id keep him next season and then see what happens

Brooker is a player who counts on his physical presence,movement (off the ball,not just when he's in possesion) and most importantly his fitness, which i don't think he will ever gain in full.

His 100% attitude is unquestionable and is a natural goal scorer but with the injurys and operations he's had to injure over the past few seasons, i don't think his body will take the riggers of championship football for a full season.

Even if he starts as a squad player, you it'll be when he gets injured and not if and is out of action.

The manager then gets to a stage when he cant rely on a player, so he becomes a liability rather than a asset.

So i think if an offer is made the club should take it. (brutal, but thats todays football)

Think he's had a most terrible run of bad luck, first knee op didn't do the trick, at least the Club had some loyalty in A:keep trying to play him, although with t he ongoing problems led to further injuries, and B:Having another go at the knee which belatedely appears to have corrected that problem, just too late for Brooker personally, and the team with that seasons ending.

If he can get fully fit prior to next season, obviously he 's an assett that the Club have paid for, and if he comes good, great for us,then he could as you say be relied on, and any other Club that may have thought about him in the past to buy, will have had exactly the same doubts thus far.

Him and Windyhass are very simular in my opinion both know where the goal is and bounce defenders away; would of been starting for me at Wembers or at the very least on the bench, but hey he may of been injured :disapointed2se:

Deserves a better chance a few games starting up front and could well surprise a few yet.

It's now or never for Brooks, he needs a full pre-season and needs to prove he's not as I am beginning to fear, the new Lee Matthews.

Lee was a cracking footballer who could have been a superb player for this club,but for his appalling fitness record.

Steve needs to be playing regularly, building his match fitness as well as his stamina,to be able to show what he's all about.

If Leroy Lita was honest, he'd owe Steve a huge vote of thanks because he was a great foil for LL when he scored the goals that took him to Reading.

My fear is that we may never see Steve in that light again, and if that was to prove to be the case, I for one would be gutted for him

I certainly like brooker when he's playing but it's to few times. The majority of responces seem to be talking from the heart instead of with the head. All i hear is IF Brooker was fit he would of started at wembley or many of this seasons games, IF Brooker has a good pre-season then he'll start or he's our best striker.

We need a striker that will start 75% of games, i'm affraid i can't see brooker doing this and thats only because of the history of injury's .

Some strikers go through lean spells and lose form which they work on during the day to day training sessions and on match days but this is becoming more and more difficult for steve.

The club and GJ has showed great loyality to SB but there comes a time when the club needs to look elsewhere to continue the success of the past 2 seasons.

It's now or never for Brooks, he needs a full pre-season and needs to prove he's not as I am beginning to fear, the new Lee Matthews.

Lee was a cracking footballer who could have been a superb player for this club,but for his appalling fitness record.

Steve needs to be playing regularly, building his match fitness as well as his stamina,to be able to show what he's all about.

If Leroy Lita was honest, he'd owe Steve a huge vote of thanks because he was a great foil for LL when he scored the goals that took him to Reading.

My fear is that we may never see Steve in that light again, and if that was to prove to be the case, I for one would be gutted for him

Haha Best science Fiction Post 2008 great stuff

Lee matthews along with the other lee were a pair of prats who liked to party hard and act like big time charlies. That was the reason he was never fit to play he liked the sauce too much.

I think you are correct. I was told he had a falling out with GJ a few days before the stoke game, and will not play for us again.

Well, that would explain his absence in the last few weeks, so sounds feasible. From the heart, that really disappoints me. Apart from the worry that he moves on and comes back to bite our arse, I have a lot of respect for SB because I remember the times when he seemed to be practically the only quality player we had, and was carrying the whole ******* team. Seems cruel, and ironic, that Brooks should endure those dark days, but not be a part of it when things are much, much brighter (especially as its not down to a lack of ability).

For me, :fingerscrossed: that he does have a great pre-season, makes up with GJ ( :surrender:) and gets another chance to show us what he can do.

if we get a reasonable bid for brooks i think we should take it, he may have plenty to offer but his injurys just wont go away, and we can certainly get better strikers than him now we are established in the CCC. i like brooks and his record for us before his injuries is unrivalled in the current squad. but if we can get anything for him we should take it

I think you are correct. I was told he had a falling out with GJ a few days before the stoke game, and will not play for us again.

Thats rubbish he had a hamsring pull but it slipped under the radar almost unnoticed cos we had other things to worry about but he will be with us until jan i would say cos you not get much for a player who is isnt fit /cant prove his fitness. So i reckon he has until then to prove his fitness i hope he does manage to.

I personally rate Brooker, he was a handfull at Cardiff, and scored a vital winner against Norwich. I really rate this lad. Great movement, and gets a shot off whenever the chance comes. Not affriad to shoot. And still young!

It would be madness to offload him, I vote a season long loan with Chelt, with a 24 hour release.

It would seem silly to offload Brooker but offer Murray a new deal?

Quite agree. We have had only a glimpse of how Brooker might be in the CCC. Who knows what a fit Brooker could do over 30-40 games.

The guy deserves a chance to prove himself.

NO

GJ said he had a hamstring problem before the Stoke game and that Brooks had told him he was only 70 per cent.

From that I expected him to be in contention maybe for Sheffield United and certainly for Preston, but it all went remarkably quiet on that front. Hamstrings can take a while but I just thought it was odd nothing was said about his progress or otherwise.

He was supposed to be playing against the Youth team at AG along with Lee Johnson to prove his fitness ahead of the Palace game, but I don't recall any more being said about that. The game was going on the morning I got the Palace away tickets.

I would still have preferred him to be the option on the bench for the play-offs but assume he just was not fit enough. He was at Wembley in his club suit.

He showed us glimpses of what might have been with the 'goal' at Cardiff, and obviously the late winner against Norwich. He looked the man most likely to break down Wolves but then this latest injury took hold it seems.

Would love to think he will look sharp after a good pre-season and maybe the same for Trundle as he joined us too late last summer to have the same fitness levels as the rest of the squad.

GJ said he had a hamstring problem before the Stoke game and that Brooks had told him he was only 70 per cent.

From that I expected him to be in contention maybe for Sheffield United and certainly for Preston, but it all went remarkably quiet on that front. Hamstrings can take a while but I just thought it was odd nothing was said about his progress or otherwise.

He was supposed to be playing against the Youth team at AG along with Lee Johnson to prove his fitness ahead of the Palace game, but I don't recall any more being said about that. The game was going on the morning I got the Palace away tickets.

I would still have preferred him to be the option on the bench for the play-offs but assume he just was not fit enough. He was at Wembley in his club suit.

He showed us glimpses of what might have been with the 'goal' at Cardiff, and obviously the late winner against Norwich. He looked the man most likely to break down Wolves but then this latest injury took hold it seems.

Would love to think he will look sharp after a good pre-season and maybe the same for Trundle as he joined us too late last summer to have the same fitness levels as the rest of the squad.

Perhaps too much to drink 2 days before Palace away didnt help his case for selection ? :reaper::drunk2:

Archived