IGNORED

Rovers Stadium "delayed" Due To The Current Financial Climate

Barrs Court Red

Guest PaulTrollopesBlueArmy

bloody disgrace the board are, cant believe its delayed again, whats the bet they will say the same thing in 12 months time

Am not surprised after they cancelled their coach tour of Cheltenham last week.

By the way has anyone actually done the maths behind their move to Cheltenham??

500 ST x £219 x 2 years - don't make for a whole load of beans.

Personally if I was one of the 500 TRUE Rovers fans, I would be worried that I wouldn't have a team to support by the time they returned to the Cabbage Patch Stadium.

I'll be in the minority I know but I really feel the the fans (but only those that didn't gloat over the Wemley defeat mind) - so Trollope's Blue whatever can jog on..As on other threads rather people round here support one of 'ours' rather than the big guns..

:dancing6:

youd do the same what am i meant to do feel sorry for you? :blink:

Ah, Dean Windass, fair play to the bloke i say.

Now go away and be the 2nd club in bristol forever.

3rd don't forget about Bristol Manor Farm :icecream:

embrassing!

sum it up doesnt it, how they were going to let the fans travel to the open day when they knew over a week ago that it wasnt going to happen, another step behind you lot now arrrghhh

sum it up doesnt it, how they were going to let the fans travel to the open day when they knew over a week ago that it wasnt going to happen, another step behind you lot now arrrghhh

At this rate we'll be in our new stadium before you :fingerscrossed:

you lot will probably have 2 new stadiums by the time we move into a new stadium

All my faith is lost in the board now

The club will contact all supporters who have already bought their season tickets to arrange transfer to the appropriate seating at the Memorial Stadium for the start of the season.

Thats £10 in stamps they cannot afford :rofl2br:

I cant see how you can blame the board for the financial market?

it the way they have treated us for years and years ###### us about left right and centre, landsdown theres a club down the road that needs you please!

before everyone dies with pleasure from this news, it's very likely that the same market forces to hit the blue few will also affect our own stadium plans. However at least we don't need to move out of our ground until its ready to move in...

Couldnt be further from the truth Bernie.

No way SL student accomadation will be a no no at the new stadium, and wont be relying on companies like Opel to fund the build.

Couldnt be further from the truth Bernie.

No way SL student accomadation will be a no no at the new stadium, and wont be relying on companies like Opel to fund the build.

No, but steel, concrete and transport costs could affect any large, new construction project. These are all soaring in price due to worldwide demand (China, India, Russia) and also costs of production (i.e. oil & gas). Bacon & Eggs sandwiches will reach an all time high this week. You can't build anything without bacon & eggs.

<Rosy Specs Mode On> Ha ha ha at the Rovers!

The only people I feel sorry for are the Rugby club. They've had to endure their ground being swindled from them, the promise of a new state-of-the-art facility, prepared to move to Newport and suddenly back to square one again. What a shambles!

To be honest didn't we all see this coming, even deep down the blue few could see it coming? Have a few mates, who do support the sags, and they have lost all respect for BRFC, and said a long time ago that it wouldn't happen. Also know a chap who has big financial clout in Bristol Rugby, and he said looking at the financial side of things the books did not add up at all.

TBH, if Bristol stuck going to Newport, and the Sag fans have had enough, even if they do go to Cheltenham (although can see Cheltenham not being such an easy push over next time), what is the future for BRFC?

Archived