IGNORED

Rovers Stadium "delayed" Due To The Current Financial Climate

Barrs Court Red

If Bristol Rugby's contract with Newport was entered into off the back of written assurances from BRFC, then BRFC will have to pay compensation to Bristol Rugby. Of course, this all depends how the lawyers worded the contracts, but one party will have had to be the lynchpin in all the contracts, and I hope they have insured against the deal falling through.

I would be absolutely amazed if Opel can just walk away from this. I think they might have a tricky time getting any planning permissions in Bristol in the future.

If Bristol Rugby's contract with Newport was entered into off the back of written assurances from BRFC, then BRFC will have to pay compensation to Bristol Rugby. Of course, this all depends how the lawyers worded the contracts, but one party will have had to be the lynchpin in all the contracts, and I hope they have insured against the deal falling through.

I would be absolutely amazed if Opel can just walk away from this. I think they might have a tricky time getting any planning permissions in Bristol in the future.

I hope you're right. As has been mentioned above in previous posts, it isn't just Gas that has been affected in all of this, its also Bristol Rugby.

Despite all of the banter, I bet the majority of people on here have friends or family who support either The Shoguns or the Gas, and they have all been let down terribly by Opel pulling out, and I for one do feel sorry for those genuine fans with uncertainty of where they will get their sporting fix on Saturdays(although they could try AG if that wasn't going to be sold out every week!!)

As I understand it Opel had not yet signed any contract. As we all know (apart from their excuse for a Board) a verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on. :innocent06: How could they get to the verge of towing the caravan to Cheltenham and not even have contracts signed? :mf_sleep:

As I understand it Opel had not yet signed any contract. As we all know (apart from their excuse for a Board) a verbal contract is not worth the paper its written on. :innocent06: How could they get to the verge of towing the caravan to Cheltenham and not even have contracts signed? :mf_sleep:

If that is the case, and there was no contract between BRFC and Opel, then the commercial director at BRFC needs shooting.

What makes me laugh is that the Blue Few put up with all this crap from their Board of Directors in the name of "loyalty". They just roll over onto their collective backs and plead with Dunford and Craig to tickle their collective tummies. As ever, they'll be turning up at the Mem in their "hundreds" next season.

Rovers are forever going on about how they're more loyal and how city fans moan. Look where loyalty gets them. I'm out of pity for them, they are a bunch of naive sycophants who won't get off their arses and do something about the way their club treats them.

If City had been relegated to the basement, and gone through years of shite and terrible managerial appointments, does anyone think our boardroom would still be intact? No way, the fans pressure would have kicked them out.

You hear gasheads saying "well who will replace them?" - the answer is nobody whilst you bend over and take it.

Pity for the rugby club but who knows, maybe they can move into a newly vacated 20,000 all seater in South Bristol in a few years.

Whilst its funny to laugh at the Horfield circus, I actually preferred the scenario where the deal went ahead.

92 successive away games would have more than likely meant back to back relegations, what's left of their support would have dwindled away and to be honest it would have probably been the end of them, not before time.

I no rovers are our rivals but this is city talk and a lot of city fans were laughing that rovers were talking about us on their forum.

There is a massive difference. One thread in total on this board dedicated to the Blue Few. And for us it is a case of having a bit of a laugh at their incompetent board's exepnse rather than knocking one out furiously because some 39 year old ex-bricklayer scored a goal against another team who they don't support. They had SIXTY threads dedicated to us the other day on their opening page. In the obsession stakes that is tantamount to stalking style behaviour!! And after some of the "celebrations" going on over there after the one and only highlight of their paltry season, provided by the centre forward of a club located some 200 miles away from them the other Saturday, you do have to laugh how the karma of "what comes around goes around" works.

I would go as far to say that you have to feel sorry for the genuine football fans that do follow the Blue Few but I would qualify that statement by saying that any sympathy is handed out in low quantities as your average Gashead seems to be a bitter and twisted delinquent, who'se only purpose in life is to gloat when City fail, rather than a genuine football fan.

Couldnt be further from the truth Bernie.

No way SL student accomadation will be a no no at the new stadium, and wont be relying on companies like Opel to fund the build.

listen I want it to go ahead but there are dark days ahead for us all and some of those interested property cos may well not be around in 12-18 months.

2 bed flat on the harbourside, anyone? anyone? ANYONE?

time will tell.

listen I want it to go ahead but there are dark days ahead for us all and some of those interested property cos may well not be around in 12-18 months.

2 bed flat on the harbourside, anyone? anyone? ANYONE?

time will tell.

The difference with our stadium proposal is that should the credit crunch turn into a deep seated recession our club can easily delay the project without forever making the false promises that the Rovers Board almost felt duty bound to make to keep supporters happy. This can be done without the wasted expense of going through with a fully detailed design, obtaining tenders, making agreements to groundshare with other football clubs, affecting one football club and two rugby clubs adversely etc. etc. Whatever we do I am sure that Steve Lansdown will act in a PROFESSIONAL and HONOURABLE manner - two terms you certainly couldn't link with the Board of the Blue Few.

Archived