IGNORED

Wembley Tickets

Just wondering how many supporters who genuinely attend games on a regular basis

were unable to purchase tickets.

Not concerned about those who missed out on a trip to Wembley and a good day out but people who attend not every match but a fair few, and are not season ticket holders but missed out on the internet lottery and subsequent ticket office sales.

I'm sure there are one or two unfortunates but I reckon most tickets ended up with the right people.

Also going down Wembley Way there were a couple of spivs saying they had tickets available did anyone buy any and the cost.

I spoke to a tout who approached us trying to sell tickets, asked him how much he wanted for them - he said about £100. He told me he'd bought a 'job lot' and couldn't understand why nobody was buying them off him. I told him we'd had an extra batch after the initial sellout and he'd be unlikely to get rid of them. He walked away looking very pissed off.

Personally, don't know anyone who actually goes to games, that wasn't able to get a ticket,

though know a few glory hunters who were moaning they had no luck, though to be honest I don't think they even know where Ashton Gate is so I made little to no effort to help them get tickets.

as for Touts......saw LOADS on the day, all cockney's all seemingly having no luck getting shot of them........was very funny! here's hoping the made a personal loss.

Yep - I got the impression that some daytrippers who wanted tickets couldn't get (tough luck aw diddums) but those who really wanted to be there could get a ticket, one way or the other. (I queued overnight down the gate for mine)

Didn't seem like that at one point but in the end I think the fans had the last laugh and the touts lost out.

- Dan

It was once suggested the Play Offs should reflect final League positions. The proposal was for 6th placed club (Watford) to play at the 5th placed club (Palace). The winner of that game would be away to the team who finished 4th (US!) with that winner being away to the team in 3rd place (Hull). That way if you finish 6th you have to win 3 away games to go up, but finish 3rd and one home game is all you need to win.

Of course there's be no Big Day Out at Wembley etc, on the other hand if City had to go to Hull rather than Wembley, more true fans might have got a ticket as the Glory Seekers would not all want to go to somewhere like Hull.

Archived