IGNORED

Lloyd Dyer

bristolcitysweden

:laugh:, geeze we don't want league 1 or 2 players we want champ/prem players ...

I have to agree, wouldn't be the exciting signing I am waiting for. Prem and foreign players of a high quality, not just promoted from League 2.

:laugh:, geeze we don't want league 1 or 2 players we want champ/prem players ...

You say that but Johnson gets the best out of league 1 and 2 players look at Jamie McCoombe unheard of when we signed him now the guys a legend for us ....

Agree to some extent. But it doesn't matter what level they come from, as long as they can compete at champ/prem level.

I'd prefer to take players from outside the prem who have a burning desire to get there.

You say that but Johnson gets the best out of league 1 and 2 players look at Jamie McCoombe unheard of when we signed him now the guys a legend for us ....

Sorry to change the subject but, since when has Jamie McCombe been a legend? I think hes a decent defender until hes put under pressure then hes pretty average at best. I think hes clumsy too.

Back onto the subject, Lloyd Dyer is a league one player at a push, very average and from what I've seen of him (which is limited) he has a poor attitude. Sproule over Dyer EVERY day of the week. I feel quite sorry for Sproule, he had a poor final month or so, but hes a good player at this level, a little bit more composure would make him and very good player.

Cheers, first post in ages,

Puckle_red

Sorry to change the subject but, since when has Jamie McCombe been a legend? I think hes a decent defender until hes put under pressure then hes pretty average at best. I think hes clumsy too.

Thats a bit harse on the guy give him some credit.. He wins everything in the air and is always a handfull at set pieces.

We certainly missed him at Wembley

All of our promotion winning team in my eyes have legend status for what they achieved for us

ok let take a risk get a kid in from a league 2 team or a proven goal scorere at our lvl ..hum i wonder if alex ferguson is reading this ..perhaps he may go for a league 1 player to replace ronaldo ...geeze its common sense...if you belive we will get promoted with league 1 player then good luck i don't think we will.

ok let take a risk get a kid in from a league 2 team or a proven goal scorere at our lvl ..hum i wonder if alex ferguson is reading this ..perhaps he may go for a league 1 player to replace ronaldo ...geeze its common sense...if you belive we will get promoted with league 1 player then good luck i don't think we will.

So you don't want us to compete with Middlesbrough for Maynard ... ?

Thats a bit harse on the guy give him some credit.. He wins everything in the air and is always a handfull at set pieces.

We certainly missed him at Wembley

All of our promotion winning team in my eyes have legend status for what they achieved for us

I see where you're coming from, I wasn't trying to critisize McCombe, he is a good player wins most headers and I like him, despite feeling he is slightly out of his depth at this level, but I just wondered what you based the "legend" status on.

I see where you're coming from, I wasn't trying to critisize McCombe, he is a good player wins most headers and I like him, despite feeling he is slightly out of his depth at this level, but I just wondered what you based the "legend" status on.

Probably lies somewhere between the two assesments, to be honest.

This is such a bizarre mentality to my mind.

Where did Ronaldo come from? He wasn't a proven Premier League player, or a proven Spanish league player - he was a player rated lower than Ricardo Quaresma for example, Simao Sabrosa, and many other players in the portuguese league at the time he was bought, albeit with significant potential. Common sense would say to me that you pick the best players who will fit into your team, irrespective of their current club.

This lack of imagination and comprehension of the idea of "potential", or "hidden gems", holds a danger of making quality players less likely to come, as posts start abusing them before they arrive because they're not Patrik Berger. Believe in the manager and that when he does make a mistake and buy an unsuitable player, he will recognise it and take steps to rectify (Betsy, Byfield etc).

lack of imagination

BANG!

That is the sound of the nail being hit firmly on the head regards many of the down-right stupid things people come up with R.E. transfers on here.

"I've never heard of them so they are rubbish" is basically what people are saying Totally ignorant.

Had they heard of David Noble before we signed him? How about Jamie McCombe? Adriano Basso? Marvin Elliot? Well?

Some people need to realise that the footballing world is bigger than the little bit that Sky Sports deems worthy of showing.

I agree with your thoughts, :dunno: But don't dismiss all lower league players.

There are still a lot of quality to find in leagues 1 & 2!

Such as the majority of our squad!

Some people on here seem to be getting some SERIOUS big time charlie attitudes, the fact is we missed out on promotion and now we are back to square one.

We should ALWAYS look at getting players from League 1/2/Non League if they look to have the ability to progress to better players, just because they are not a fashionable name from a flash club doesn't mean they aren't good enough.

People mocked and hammered City for "lack of ambition" when we signed players from Boston and Lincoln City, but they did/have done good enough jobs considering how much we paid and where they came from.

back to Dyer though, would be a no from me.......he's more of a left winger an area I wouldn't be looking to improve other than with a younger player.

Archived