IGNORED

Bristol City Shirts - No S.t. Discount Until July!

alanpayne

Went to the Club shop today to buy my lad his birthday present which was a new City Shirt.

I took both my last season ST book of vouchers and confirmation of my new ST but was told I couldn't have the normal 10% discount unless I waited until July! I was told I couldn't use last seasons vouchers as they have now expired (I did previously try to buy the shirt last Friday/Sat but the shop was closed for stocktaking).

I asked if (subject to me retaining my receipt), could I have retrospective discount once I received my new book of vouchers in July but was told this was not possible. As I needed the shirt today as it was a birthday present I had no option but to cough up in full.

I would appreciate it if someone from the Supporters Trust could take this matter up as it will obviously also affect others.

Went to the Club shop today to buy my lad his birthday present which was a new City Shirt.

I took both my last season ST book of vouchers and confirmation of my new ST but was told I couldn't have the normal 10% discount unless I waited until July! I was told I couldn't use last seasons vouchers as they have now expired (I did previously try to buy the shirt last Friday/Sat but the shop was closed for stocktaking).

I asked if (subject to me retaining my receipt), could I have retrospective discount once I received my new book of vouchers in July but was told this was not possible. As I needed the shirt today as it was a birthday present I had no option but to cough up in full.

I would appreciate it if someone from the Supporters Trust could take this matter up as it will obviously also affect others.

on the bright side a couple more quid for BCFC so don't feel too bad

He bought a pie at Wembley? What a rich man your brother must be.

Rich no, stupid (for paying the £4.50) yes!

It's why I took the picture, I needed some proof that it wasn't my eyes playing tricks that somebody actually bought one of their shitty pies for the obscene £4.50!

Not all, my brother has one without. I have no idea why it's missing the 'Blackthorn' or if there are any others (we didn't see any around Wembley though), but he bought it from the club shop 2 days before Wembley...

n844455472_3141055_2599.jpg

Weren't the non Blackthorn ones the ones that went on sale just before Wembley, rather than the pre ordered ones. If so I think I remember reading that they wouldn't have Blackthorn on as Premier League clubs don't allow back of shirt advertising, so just in case we went up we must have sold these shirts. Also blackthorn is only on the adult sizes as children's and youth shirts can't carry alcohol advertising, this has been the case for a couple of seasons now.

Weren't the non Blackthorn ones the ones that went on sale just before Wembley, rather than the pre ordered ones.

When he bought it all the shirts hung up in the shop had blackthorn on though. They didn't have any XL on display so he asked if they had any out the back, the lady apparently went to a box that was behind her and picked one out. It was wrapped up and he only noticed it when he got home. He said he might take it ack if we didn't go up, but i've not seen him to talk to since.

:)

Also blackthorn is only on the adult sizes as children's and youth shirts can't carry alcohol advertising, this has been the case for a couple of seasons now.

It may not look like it in the pic but Craig is 26, built like a brick shithouse, and wears a adults XL sized shirt! ;)

It's the same old 'being taken forgranted' thing again.

They've had my season ticket money nicely nestled in their bank for over 2 months now, but I can't get a discount till July???

Someone down there is simply unable or unwilling to sort it out.

I tend to agree. I think it's poor that the discount is only availbe from July onwards.

Totally agree.

I was in there yesterday to buy 3 shirts for me, my wife and our daugther and couldn't believe they wouldn't do the discount.

I ended up leaving it and I'll go back when the discounts available.

I can't understand why they wouldn't give it as surely it's better for them to have the money in their bank account now earning them interest rather than them get it in July.

Rich no, stupid (for paying the £4.50) yes!

It's why I took the picture, I needed some proof that it wasn't my eyes playing tricks that somebody actually bought one of their shitty pies for the obscene £4.50!

wow what ever will you do..10 percent.........perhaps you could just pay the £4 .....after all yur son is worth it aint he?

Well just thinking outside the box, maybe he bought one of these pies based on the discount on the shirt? Smaller things have ruined peoples budgets before!

Totally agree, it's a disgrace.

Every year my kids buy me a shirt for Fathers day and this year they went through the same routine by ordering online and the total came to £44 inc P&P and another gripe £4 P&P ( I don't live in Bristol) whats that all about??? I've told them not to bother and wait until I was in receipt of my season ticket where I would be entitled to 10% discount.

Archived