IGNORED

Bristol City Shirts - No S.t. Discount Until July!

alanpayne

Went to the Club shop today to buy my lad his birthday present which was a new City Shirt.

I took both my last season ST book of vouchers and confirmation of my new ST but was told I couldn't have the normal 10% discount unless I waited until July! I was told I couldn't use last seasons vouchers as they have now expired (I did previously try to buy the shirt last Friday/Sat but the shop was closed for stocktaking).

I asked if (subject to me retaining my receipt), could I have retrospective discount once I received my new book of vouchers in July but was told this was not possible. As I needed the shirt today as it was a birthday present I had no option but to cough up in full.

I would appreciate it if someone from the Supporters Trust could take this matter up as it will obviously also affect others.

Well... I agree with the club. 07/08 books allow you discount on stock from the shop in that season. You currently do not, nor would you expect to, currently (physically) have a 08/09 season ticket yet. As I understand it, you have a discount with the ST. You don't have one yet so no discount.

I know some people will want shirts early but since there's no football yet the club won't shift many and having various policies/procedures in place to allow people retrospective discounts will just lead to more confusion and effort.

Yes, it would be goodwill from the club but it is a business and not able to offer every concession to the whims of customers outside of the established discount policy.

Hold on a minute! The Club boast that they offer a 10% discouint for ST holders on shirts. I had a ST last season and have bought one for this season and provided evidence of both. The bottom line is, that because its not administratively convenient to them, they won't give me the discount. They were happy to sell the new shirts, with discount, prior to Wembley when it suited them!

Its a disgrace!

Archived