IGNORED

Q.p.r

Dolman Block B

Lets all get realistic now. Qpr manager has been offered "UNLIMITED" funds to get his team into the Premier League.

Dowie has already targeted Kevin Phillips, Bobby Zamora and Freddy Eastwood, all who have not signed contracts or can leave.

Reading a Rangers forum, one guy is not happy. My season ticket has been around £400 for the past 5 seasons.

Its now gone up to £600!!!!

Well, QPR, with season ticket sales of 12,000, i work that out as a kin lot of revenue within the club for the new manager.

Might p i s s a few off, but surely favourites for promotion?

They'd be nailed on cert Arn - were it not for the fact that they have Dowie as a manager. It's one thing to have unlimited funds to buy players but quite another to build a team. He doesn't have a track record as a team builder and that may just be the factor that goes against them.

I reckon they'll finish 8th

The issue with the amount of money that QPR now have that they become mugs when it comes to the transfer market and negotiations with players. Where a player would have cost £1m to most clubs now becomes £2m to QPR and players wage demands will also follow the same course.

As for commercial activity I read somewhere that the executive boxes have been refurbished and now cost more than a box at Arsenal.

Lets all get realistic now. Qpr manager has been offered "UNLIMITED" funds to get his team into the Premier League.

Dowie has already targeted Kevin Phillips, Bobby Zamora and Freddy Eastwood, all who have not signed contracts or can leave.

Reading a Rangers forum, one guy is not happy. My season ticket has been around £400 for the past 5 seasons.

Its now gone up to £600!!!!

Well, QPR, with season ticket sales of 12,000, i work that out as a kin lot of revenue within the club for the new manager.

Might p i s s a few off, but surely favourites for promotion?

That's why they are favourites, but weather that turns out to be the case is different. Money doesnt mean everything just look at sheffield utd(james beattie).

The issue with the amount of money that QPR now have that they become mugs when it comes to the transfer market and negotiations with players. Where a player would have cost £1m to most clubs now becomes £2m to QPR and players wage demands will also follow the same course.

As for commercial activity I read somewhere that the executive boxes have been refurbished and now cost more than a box at Arsenal.

Yer right. That is stupid

I'm not so sure, they may have the money but not backers with patience and understanding of the game. QPR is just their plaything, they will get tired of it before they are successful. Mind you, they don't like losing either!

I would rather have our manager, limited funds and team ethic than all that they have.

Their fans wont be happy shelling out all that money if it comes to nothing, they may even lose a fair fans due to cost, and the owners wont have much patience if they start slowly..

They can buy as many big names as they like, but it will take a while for them all to get used to each other. I hope we get them first game of the season at home and give them a proper going over.

they could buy all the class in the world

but making them a good side is another thing

you need hard work and togetherness for success

if you don't get that you will have 11 individuals not 1 whole team

something in which we have and that's why we have enjoyed success

I seem to recall many saying the same about Leicester last year, and look what happened there. :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same!! Martin Allen spent loads on over a dozen new recruits.Charlton weren't shy either.

QPR fans will pay one way or another, because I think the purchasing of footall clubs as billionaires playthings will slip out of vogue sooner or later.

If they had any football sense, they wouldn't have got Dowie in to begin with....

Makes you think, doesn't it.

This is a Championship club based in a popular part of the country where money is no object to get their man. On top of that, they're offering the manager huge funds to get in the players he wants.

All in all, QPR were in the position to be as attractive as it's possible for a Championship club to be to any prospective manager.

And who did all this manage to attract? Ian Dowie.

Yet some pilchard still writes in to a Sunday paper suggesting Gary Johnson should fall on his sword for "failing".

Some people need to be careful what they wish for.

I just hope their backers decide to pull the plug on the money mid way through the season.

Cant think of anything better than watching them plunge into administration and having to sell everyone off. Horrible team!!

Archived