IGNORED

Nadjim Abdou

yate super reds

Why would we be interested in a player that has just been released (ie not good enough) by a Championship rival that finished below us last season?

Everton have finished below Man U for (prob) the last 20 years, but that didn't stop Man U buying Rooney. Could simply be a case of a particular player not fitting in with his current Manager's plans / method of play.

Why would we be interested in a player that has just been released (ie not good enough) by a Championship rival that finished below us last season?

He refused a contract, so by your reckoning we don't need Brian Howard, Ebanks Blake, Beattie, Kightly as they finished below us then.

Everton have finished below Man U for (prob) the last 20 years, but that didn't stop Man U buying Rooney. Could simply be a case of a particular player not fitting in with his current Manager's plans / method of play.

He refused a contract, so by your reckoning we don't need Brian Howard, Ebanks Blake, Beattie, Kightly as they finished below us then.

Theres a difference between taking a star player from a lower placed team, and taking a player who just walked out the back door. Poor examples.

Anyway, I see he left over wage demands and only scored 2 goals in 33 games last season. Don't think we'd want him as he doesn't seem the right sort of player in many ways.

i thought he was very good in the game at home park,

he could do a job, but it's not thesort of signing i see GJ making, Abdou would be more of a squad strengthener than a big signing, and i can see GJ bringing in people who will start every game next year, and we only be signing people better than we already have... could be wrong.

if he is free might be worth a short term contract to cover for the midfielders, but imo central midfield is our strongest position

Archived