IGNORED

To All Christian Roberts' Fans

Ian M

• Admin

4 games now since he's been brought back in up front and all he's done is score 3 times (plus have one goal ruled out for a debatable offside call). I agree 100% with Wilson's policy of taking him off before the other striker as this is plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain to be just not good enough.

Give me Lee Peacock any day of the week. There we have a striker who really knows where the back of the net is and poses loads of problems every time he takes to a pitch.

4 games now since he's been brought back in up front and all he's done is score 3 times (plus have one goal ruled out for a debatable offside call). I agree 100% with Wilson's policy of taking him off before the other striker as this is plainly obvious to anyone with half a brain to be just not good enough.

Give me Lee Peacock any day of the week. There we have a striker who really knows where the back of the net is and poses loads of problems every time he takes to a pitch.

sorry i don't agree,

he's the only one putting it the back of the net,

so long as he is doin this the he should be on the pitch,

I don't dislike Peacock, and in my opinion his selection up front recently has been warranted, he has worked his ass off for the team.

What I don't understand though is how this idiot of a manager can continually take Roberts off. Like you've said he has scored 3 goals in 4 games since returning to his correct position UP FRONT. Why bring him on for a player that has not appeared as a striker for us before?

Why bring on Miller for Bell? Miller for Butler would have been more appropriate I think.

Why the hell can he never go with 3 strikers up front.

Do you think that Mr Wilson realises that the booing when Roberts was bought off was directed at him for making the decision!!?

According to the first bloke that was on Radio Bristol, he thought that if Roberts had stayed on we could have won the game.

Why all season has he been played out of position? Why since returning to his correct position has he been pulled off every game?

I really don't understand it.

• Admin
I don't dislike Peacock, and in my opinion his selection up front recently has been warranted, he has worked his ass off for the team.

What I don't understand though is how this idiot of a manager can continually take Roberts off. Like you've said he has scored 3 goals in 4 games since returning to his correct position UP FRONT. Why bring him on for a player that has not appeared as a striker for us before?

Why bring on Miller for Bell? Miller for Butler would have been more appropriate I think.

Do you think that Mr Wilson realises that the booing when Roberts was bought off was directed at him for making the decision!!?

According to the first bloke that was on Radio Bristol, he thought that if Roberts had stayed on we could have won the game.

Why all season has he been played out of position? Why since returning to his correct position has he been pulled off every game?

There's no doubting Lee Peacock's workrate but over the last few matches we've been putting in a lot more crosses than we had daone so far this season. Of the current strike pairing, it is obvious that Lee Peacock will be the one better equipped to make use of these by getting on the end of them.

However, it would appear Peacock has picked up the fairly annoying habit of being in the wrong place at the right time and invariably watches these crosses sail across the face of goal from the vantage of a safe standing spot just outside the area. We've been told by Flakirk fans that Miller is particularly adept at getting on the end of crosses and have even witnessed this ourselves on the odd occasion we put a decent ball into the area earlier in the season yet Mr Wilson refuses to allow any partnership that doesn't include Peacock which leads me back to the "First Rule of Management" posting that I wrote earlier :@

Edit: oops, since when did I start posting what I actually feel/think :angry:

Agree with you there

Roberts has every right to be ###### off.

Wilsons decisions are beginning to really annoy.

Ive decided we should give Danny Wilson a nickname...

"Thrush"

because he an irritating C***

i'm with madger. what is it with you and people not picking up on your sarcasm :angry:

i am no peacock fan, but he starting place today wa warrented with 3 very good performances in the last 3 games, but from the radio it sounded as if peacock was just not having a great game, so there would have been no shame on him making way for miller, but no robbo has to go off again.

i would not be surprised to see robbo leave in the summer, if willson remains as boss. it is plain to see that willson has some sort of vendetta against robbo, and i can't see robbo putting up with it for any longer.

Agree with you there roberts has every right to be ###### off

Thats whats worrying roberts contract finishes this season. The way wilson is treating him he aint going to wanna stay and we will lose one of our best strikers. WILSON HAS ALOT OF EXPLAINING 2 DO!!!! :@

I have always had a lot of respect for Danny Wilson but his decisions this year have been at least baffling.

Was he as bad last year, I think not quite, maybe because the team was picking itself. This year he seems to be trying to please everyone and build the team around Peacock for some reason. danny has lost the plot where Roberts is concerned. He is relly annoying me so I can't imagine what roberts (and Miller) must be feeling. Their confidence must be dented. I would like to see a place for all 3 of them. Peacock either needs a rest or be dropped back into midfield...we keep getting told he is better defensively so stays on.

Yours Still Depressed,

Danny Wilson needs to sort his priorities out. G_funk, I know how you feel being surroned by the nutters. I have to put up with it nearly every day.
nightmare aint it! especially up the local on a saturday night when the wan**rs win!

Thats whats worrying roberts contract finishes this season. The way wilson is treating him he aint going to wanna stay and we will lose one of our best strikers. WILSON HAS ALOT OF EXPLAINING 2 DO!!!! :@

Does it expire!?

but tony thorpe was like that at times he did sod all but got

important goals, we need a striker who will stay in position

and do nothing else but being a striker roberts does this,

peacock to his credit works hard sometime too hard as

he has been seen clearing balls from at the back, and

looking for the ball on the wing, so when he is needed

to do his job he is not always there, the qpr goal was

made from peacock in midfield to murray to roberts,

now with roberts had not been in position we would not

have scored, now that ball should have come from tinns

or the doc to murray and peacock should be up there with robbo.

but what most don't see with peacock is his work rate and he

has set up as many goals as he has scored roberts has had few

games but is scoring we need that greedy striker who's work rate

may not be great but is always in the right place at the right time

a bit like robins was for a few games he played for us..

Has Leapy gone from saint to sinner in a week, or is this a Danny IS A AIRHEAD POST :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: carry on wake me when its over :angry:

Has Leapy gone from saint to sinner in a week, or is this a Danny IS A AIRHEAD POST :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12: carry on wake me when its over :angry:
Please tell me how you come to the conclusion that people think that Lee P has gone from saint to sinner in a week? Who said anything against Peacock?

So, because Peacock had a decent game against Plymouth, he shouldn't be substituted in an entirely different game, where his strike partner is causing most of the problems?

Blimey, you got back from the game quickly, Danny. M1 clear, was it?

Archived