IGNORED

Forest Arrogance....

brad blit

I don't wanna upset the few Forest fans that are on this board because their OK but sometimes some of their fans and their 'history' annoy me....

In work today (I cant believe I'm working a saturday) I had a driver come in who's been coming since the league 1 days. Hes an old skool forest fan (prob mid 40s / 50) and all he used to talk about was that Forest were 'too big a club for League 1' and 'we were once European champions' which to be honest is true BUT a team dosnt have a right to be in a certain league, it has to earn it as many Leeds and to a more recent extent Leicester fans will tell you. I used to enjoy our mini battles with Forest and when we got promoted the driver used to come in and we could have a friendly chat about the last games.

But now Forest have been promoted hes gone back to his own ways and even bet £20 with me that Forest will end up in the Play-Offs and get promoted (because 'its our time to get back in the Premier League') and City will get relegated because were "not a big club and last year was just based on form and luck"....... So il look forward to our mini battle with Forest again next and to taking that money off him!!!

So my question is do you have a team rivalry (except the obvious Baadiff) you are looking forward to next year??

think your 20 quid is safe mate they have no chance of goin up i've got a mate who is a forest fan he's full of it as well. The game i will be lookin forward to this year will be southampton cause i've got 6 mate all support southampton always goin on to me that they are a bigger club than us, so will look forward to doin the double over them this year and helping them into league 1!!!!!! Also for some random reason I really hate Coventry dunno why just one of those teams wan kers!!!!!

Forest have always had they're heads up they're arses though havent they, when are they going to learn history means nothing in this day and age!!!

Quite right and here's an example of how Forest could go the same way as the once mighty 'Blackburn Olympic'. No club should rest on its laurels.....

Blackburn Olympic FA Cup winners, 1883

Their greatest success came when they overcame the dominance of local rivals, Blackburn Rovers, and the amateur teams of southern England to win the FA Cup in 1883. Well organised and trained, their ability to switch play from wing to wing, stretched an Old Etonians team reduced to ten men due to injury. A long pass to the left gave Jimmy Costley the opportunity to score the winner in extra time.

As a result of this victory, Olympic became the first team from North of the capital city to win the FA Cup, thus bringing to an end the Southern domination of the competition.

.....but who remember's their achievement now? Forest will go the same way with their attitude. :whistle2:

I don't wanna upset the few Forest fans that are on this board because their OK but sometimes some of their fans and their 'history' annoy me....

In work today (I cant believe I'm working a saturday) I had a driver come in who's been coming since the league 1 days. Hes an old skool forest fan (prob mid 40s / 50) and all he used to talk about was that Forest were 'too big a club for League 1' and 'we were once European champions' which to be honest is true BUT a team dosnt have a right to be in a certain league, it has to earn it as many Leeds and to a more recent extent Leicester fans will tell you. I used to enjoy our mini battles with Forest and when we got promoted the driver used to come in and we could have a friendly chat about the last games.

But now Forest have been promoted hes gone back to his own ways and even bet £20 with me that Forest will end up in the Play-Offs and get promoted (because 'its our time to get back in the Premier League') and City will get relegated because were "not a big club and last year was just based on form and luck"....... So il look forward to our mini battle with Forest again next and to taking that money off him!!!

So my question is do you have a team rivalry (except the obvious Baadiff) you are looking forward to next year??

Easy money for you mate.

So what have you decided to spend your winnings on?

I work with a WBA season ticket holder who even came to the odd City game before last season and at the start of the year he was ok, but as we climbed the table and then stayed there he became more and more nervous and started to get a bit bitchy. Even when they beat us at the hawthorns i'd just laugh it off saying that with thier millions 4-1 is the least they should be beating us by which again really annoyed him. This went on all season, he's calmed down a bit now and is actting like we never bothered him but he would have topped himself if we finished above them!

Forest fans should have learned more humility from their spell in league one. With Colin Calderwood in charge they won't be anywhere near the top end of the table in this league.

it was only last season they were calling for his head!!! They just have to learn they might have won the european cup but that was a long time ago, they are no longer the big boys they think they are, mark my words they will struggle along with southampton!!!!

So what have you decided to spend your winnings on?

I work with a WBA season ticket holder who even came to the odd City game before last season and at the start of the year he was ok, but as we climbed the table and then stayed there he became more and more nervous and started to get a bit bitchy. Even when they beat us at the hawthorns i'd just laugh it off saying that with thier millions 4-1 is the least they should be beating us by which again really annoyed him. This went on all season, he's calmed down a bit now and is actting like we never bothered him but he would have topped himself if we finished above them!

A bet on Calderwood getting sacked first after a dismal starting run of 1 win in 19.... :laugh:!!

my mate is a big sheffield wednesday fan and is always ranting and raving about them and bet me a fue quid last season that they will fiinsh above us and we alsohad a few quid on both games against them but even though they came so close to relgation last season he is still adamant they will finsh above us this season so ooooo yes ive raised the bet again for this season !

with loand like adam bolder and enoch showunmi last season wednesday werent exactly aiming high

Ive got loads :laugh:

no loads of west brom fans, who really rubed it in after we "blew it"

a qpr fan who also made a 20 quid bet that they would finsh above us in the league (Thank you very much)

A sheffield united fan who took the piss when we lost the away game there

And we were all in the same history class :laugh::laugh:

I think we pissed our teacher off a little bit :me?:

More or less all my mates are Watford fans. Winning 2-1 in the last minute at there place, when thbey're top of the league and we're in the play-offs, then going to a xmas party full of Watford fans who went still is my favourite football day ever.

I also had a bet with a particularly stupid friend that Watford would beat us 6-1 twice...

It was only for 35 quid, which tbf to him he paid.

Bite his hand off and raise it as far as you can - they will be the same as last year.

No money and no sense - like Southampton and a few others.

Wednesday are on the verge of a £50m takeover apparently so that could change soon.

I think Forest will surprise a few people next year. Calderwood's a shite manager but anything's possible with a proven goalscorer like Earnshaw in the side. It's just a slight question of where his supply will come from now Commons has gone.

I have a similar rivalry with a Forest fan (working in Leicester) - he said before last season that City were relegation fodder and certainties for the drop. I bet him £20 we wouldn't and enjoyed collecting a few weeks ago. Of course, signing Earnshaw has got him all (over) confident again so I've bet him that City will finish above Forest which I think is a fairly good bet. Can see them finishing mid table with City competing for top 6 again.

as i live and work in notts a lot of stick is given both ways :):boxing:

even in march my forest m8s were calling for calderwoods head now he is the best thing out, and they have always been cocky as they have won this and that but who cares that was years ago not now though

Dirty Leeds. Cocky bastards say they're too good for the Championship, let alone League 1. Ah well unlucky losers.

Forest. They changed their tune about Calderwood quick didnt they?

Saints, Blunts and Wendies fans I know don't anticipate much, nor Palace, Scumford or Rse fans. Swampsea fans are looking forward to it. for me, they will surprise quite a few this season, like we did last year.

Barfdiff...well there ya go, someone has to, eh? :noexpression:

Most die hard fans show a certain amount of arrogance don't they? If they didn't, they wouldn't be supporters.

As far as betting who's going to finish above who in the league, it's all too early at the moment. The transfer market has been very quiet and likely to stay that way until after the Euro's.

From a Forest point of view, mid table will do me this season and hopefully build on that the following year. I don't think Calderwood is the man to take us forward but his target was to get us promoted last season, he did that. It wasn't pretty but mission accomplished and for that, he has my support.

Anyway, fingers crossed you keep hold of the squad that did so well last season and with a few additions, who knows? Maybe you could make it to the promised land this season. As long as you can keep hold of Johnson, the future will be very bright for Bristol City FC. Top, top manager who plays the game the right way. He comes across very well when interviewed and seems to get the very best out of his players.

Wonder if we will get any Derby fans posting on here!! Be interesting to read what with their rivalry with Forest!!

They have the internet in Direby? :tongue:

... and to the previous poster - I have never heard a fellow Forest fan moan about being too big for league one. We were there for 3 seasons because we were poo. We deserved to be there no matter how many cups we've won or how many fans turn out to watch us. The media are to blame in my opinion, they always build us up for a fall. Everytime we are the live game on SKY they harp on about Brian Clough and the glory years. Don't get me wrong, I loved Clough and I am very proud of what we achieved back then but he press/media do add a lot of fuel to the fire.

... and to the previous poster - I have never heard a fellow Forest fan moan about being too big for league one. We were there for 3 seasons because we were poo. We deserved to be there no matter how many cups we've won or how many fans turn out to watch us. The media are to blame in my opinion, they always build us up for a fall. Everytime we are the live game on SKY they harp on about Brian Clough and the glory years. Don't get me wrong, I loved Clough and I am very proud of what we achieved back then but he press/media do add a lot of fuel to the fire.

Very true my fellow compatriot. I remember watching the Forest team that went down.... it was ABYSMAL. We sold Reid and Dawson in the Jan window and with them went any chance of staying up. Megson didnt help the team but it was Kinnear's team and it was so poor. We had Andy Melville, Darryl Powell, Andy Impey, Paul Evans, David Friio and Gareth Taylor leading the line. Guys either at the end of their career or not good enough for the CCC. We were embarassed and fully deserved to go down with the team we had.

We then deserved to stay down in the first season because we showed no fight under Megson and probably thought 'this is league one we can breeze it'. By the third season Calderwood for all his faults had the effort levels sky high and made some great signings. Its not fair to call him a bad manager considering he got us up, league one is not a division that is easy to get promoted from. Anyway renewed optimism (not arrogance) this season although I am worried we have only made one signing so far :tumbleweed: .

bet you just love the 'you're not famous anymore' chants :noexpression: may I take this opportunity to make a completely insincere and hollow apology for our undoubted multiple renditions of this chant during our forthcoming matches :trumpet: who knows, we might even come up with something vaguely original just for you - especially with that buck-toothed little twerp of an ex-baardiff dwarf bringing disgrace upon a once proud shirt (see you've got me going on the sentimentality thing now...ahh, subbuteo, jumpers for goalposts, happy days...... :pacifier: )

bet you just love the 'you're not famous anymore' chants :noexpression: may I take this opportunity to make a completely insincere and hollow apology for our undoubted multiple renditions of this chant during our forthcoming matches

I look forward to it! It will be nice to hear some noise coming from the home end at Ashton Gate because the last time we locked horns it was very quiet :tomato:

Archived