IGNORED

Forest Arrogance....

brad blit

I think Forest will surprise a few people next year. Calderwood's a shite manager but anything's possible with a proven goalscorer like Earnshaw in the side. It's just a slight question of where his supply will come from now Commons has gone.

Supply :noexpression: Looking bad now. We lose our only playmaker Common$ to our local rivals for free and the only midfielder capable of making a simple pass decides to leave for nothing as well http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1329913,00.html

Things ain't looking good, I know there is plenty of time to get replacements in but it is a worry.

Supply :noexpression: Looking bad now. We lose our only playmaker Common$ to our local rivals for free and the only midfielder capable of making a simple pass decides to leave for nothing as well http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/N...1329913,00.html

Things ain't looking good, I know there is plenty of time to get replacements in but it is a worry.

Its not a worry that Clingan has gone. Decent squad player but no better than Perch IMO. Its a worry if we don't replace him.

Our squad is very thin now and is crying out for a flurry of signings :tumbleweed:

Very true my fellow compatriot. I remember watching the Forest team that went down.... it was ABYSMAL. We sold Reid and Dawson in the Jan window and with them went any chance of staying up. Megson didnt help the team but it was Kinnear's team and it was so poor. We had Andy Melville, Darryl Powell, Andy Impey, Paul Evans, David Friio and Gareth Taylor leading the line. Guys either at the end of their career or not good enough for the CCC. We were embarassed and fully deserved to go down with the team we had.

We then deserved to stay down in the first season because we showed no fight under Megson and probably thought 'this is league one we can breeze it'. By the third season Calderwood for all his faults had the effort levels sky high and made some great signings. Its not fair to call him a bad manager considering he got us up, league one is not a division that is easy to get promoted from. Anyway renewed optimism (not arrogance) this season although I am worried we have only made one signing so far :tumbleweed: .

Not what your fans were saying after he blew it the previous season. hence the comment. you think hes good enough?

Mind you look on the good side, Leicester got relegated, Direby did. what more d'ya want?

Its not a worry that Clingan has gone. Decent squad player but no better than Perch IMO. Its a worry if we don't replace him.

Our squad is very thin now and is crying out for a flurry of signings :tumbleweed:

I don't want to turn this into a Forest board but maybe the only reason Clingan was sold was because of McGuigan's emergence last year?

I know he's a midfielder with a decent free-kick but don't know if he's the same position or not as I didn't see him last year but maybe that had something to do with it. :dunno:

On another note, I reckon Norwich are serious contenders next term.

I don't want to turn this into a Forest board but maybe the only reason Clingan was sold was because of McGuigan's emergence last year?

I know he's a midfielder with a decent free-kick but don't know if he's the same position or not as I didn't see him last year but maybe that had something to do with it. :dunno:

On another note, I reckon Norwich are serious contenders next term.

At the moment despite our squad being very thin the first team line up looks good to me. Our biggest strength is the two centrebacks. Both are absolutely immense and seem to get better when under pressure. The weakness at the moment is probably the wingers. McCleary and Davies are OK but we need real quality, Whittingham and Paul Anderson have been rumoured and we've had a bid already rejected for Whittingham. I am confident we will survive but to make some real noise in this division we need the two wingers, a new GK and two more strikers.

GK - Paul Smith

RB - Luke Chambers

CB - Wes Morgan

CB - Kelvin Wilson

LB - Julian Bennett

RW - Garath McCleary

CM - Chris Cohen

CM - Lewis McGugan

LW - Arron Davies

FW - Nathan Tyson

FW - Robert Earnshaw

At the moment despite our squad being very thin the first team line up looks good to me. Our biggest strength is the two centrebacks. Both are absolutely immense and seem to get better when under pressure. The weakness at the moment is probably the wingers. McCleary and Davies are OK but we need real quality, Whittingham and Paul Anderson have been rumoured and we've had a bid already rejected for Whittingham. I am confident we will survive but to make some real noise in this division we need the two wingers, a new GK and two more strikers.

GK - Paul Smith

RB - Luke Chambers

CB - Wes Morgan

CB - Kelvin Wilson

LB - Julian Bennett

RW - Garath McCleary

CM - Chris Cohen

CM - Lewis McGugan

LW - Arron Davies

FW - Nathan Tyson

FW - Robert Earnshaw

Has Aaron Davies lived up to his Yeovil promise?

Btw if i were you I would stay off the palarse forum VERY nasty place not able to construct proper sentences, and if people on here think Forest are "Big Club Arrogant", they ought to pay a visit to that beauty.

I just feel like I need to explain myself...

I wasn't saying that Forest are an arrogant club, just that I don't like the very few individuals who you're bound to find at any club, including this one, who say they're huge when they pull in a crowd that would embarrass Morecambe (& Wise).

Leroy Lita linked with a move today, probably the usual b***ocks that appears at this time:

Someone on the NEP website reporting having seen Leroy Lita at the CG this morning..

Just passing it on.. Would be a good move if true.

Lita to Nottingham?

Forest?- I'm sure he will fit in nicely at the Amici bar! :whistle:

Leroy Lita linked with a move today, probably the usual b***ocks that appears at this time:

Someone on the NEP website reporting having seen Leroy Lita at the CG this morning..

Just passing it on.. Would be a good move if true.

As you have probably gathered, opinion is very much split about Leroy amongst the OTIB faithful. Obviously, we would all love Leroy to come back to AG and bang in 20+ goals (which he he is no doubt capable of), but he does come with **** loads of attitude. There are plenty of people in Bris with first hand experience of his gangsta-stylee behaviour.

IMO the very best outcome from a Leroy-City reunion would be that he does the business on the pitch, and people forgive his personal 'bad habits'. The worst (and more likely) outcome is that he comes back but brings his prem attitude with him - and becomes a disruptive influence in the dressing-room.

Tbh, I don't think that Leroy can drop down to the CCC right now without his (huge) ego suffering too much of a knock. It would be a very brave move for your boss to take Leroy on - especially as CC's track record with the handbag brigade isnt that great is it?

As you have probably gathered, opinion is very much split about Leroy amongst the OTIB faithful. Obviously, we would all love Leroy to come back to AG and bang in 20+ goals (which he he is no doubt capable of), but he does come with **** loads of attitude. There are plenty of people in Bris with first hand experience of his gangsta-stylee behaviour.

IMO the very best outcome from a Leroy-City reunion would be that he does the business on the pitch, and people forgive his personal 'bad habits'. The worst (and more likely) outcome is that he comes back but brings his prem attitude with him - and becomes a disruptive influence in the dressing-room.

Tbh, I don't think that Leroy can drop down to the CCC right now without his (huge) ego suffering too much of a knock. It would be a very brave move for your boss to take Leroy on - especially as CC's track record with the handbag brigade isnt that great is it?

We've had our fair share of Lita types at Forest that is for sure. The Forest lads are often spotted around nightclubs in the city but they try and behave now whereas they used to get up to stuff like this: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn41...213/ai_n9531820. Don't get me wrong I love Reidy but this culture went with him when he went and thankfully it hasnt returned....... as yet.

If you Florists aren't arrogant then how do you explain the poll on this page?

58% of you will only be happy with automatic promotion?! :surrender:

Delusional. There must be fans jumping on the bandwagon because if they had been to some of last season's games they would be saying midtable at best. If we win automatic promotion I will do a dive off Trent Bridge.

Delusional. There must be fans jumping on the bandwagon because if they had been to some of last season's games they would be saying midtable at best. If we win automatic promotion I will do a dive off Trent Bridge.

can i watch :D:yawn:

Archived