IGNORED

Elliott To Boro/derby For £2m

Andy Horsman

A palace mate in work, reckons they want to offer a million for nick carle, i said we are not league one anymore, you have to start with, at least two million, not that he is going anywhere yet...

I am pretty sure nobody is going to be leaving us for another Championship side unless we want them to.

apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread buti ve heard from my swansea mate that derby are almost done deal on ferre bode, who i believe plays a similar role to marv.

this would surely lower the chances of them sniffing about. if its boro then we may find it hard to stand in his way. i hope he gives us at least one more season to try and get up to prem before he looks to move on.

has to be said on the ball he is hardly prem class anyway so he may feel he can benefit from at least a little longer here sharpenign up his technique. work rate, attitude and tackling are already prem standard IMO

please don't go marv

Write up in the Daily Star this morning states that we have rejected a 2 million offer for Elliot from Boro. Not in the soccer lines section.

Damn cheek really, if true. I do worry about Marv., he's the one most likely to attract a substantial, tempting bid.

BCFC are a club who missed out on the Premier League by a whisker and our outstanding players must be valued accordingly.

Premier League clubs are paying 3-4m for ordinary players and this sort of figure should be the starting bid for a player who has caught their eyes from the top of the Championship.

5m or no deal, Gareth, oh, and you can throw in our pick of your youngsters on a season long loan as well.

And if we like him and we go up ( like Campbell) we'll take him permanently for 1.5m. :innocent06:

Every player has his price, and the profit in a Elliott deal is huge (paid £75k for him i think)

If the bid is increased to 2.5 i reckon he will go.

Also remember Elliott would love a pop at the prem, treble his wages and set himself up for life.

don't think he would be a happy chappy should City not let him have that chance.

Every player has his price, and the profit in a Elliott deal is huge (paid £75k for him i think)

If the bid is increased to 2.5 i reckon he will go.

Also remember Elliott would love a pop at the prem, treble his wages and set himself up for life.

don't think he would be a happy chappy should City not let him have that chance.

Arn, Marvin loves it down here mate. He doesn't want to leave in the slightest just yet and if he does go then he'll be sold against his wishes.

Really?

8 grand a week turns into 25 grand a week!

He will walk to the Riverside, trust me Tin.

Point being, he won't seek a move.

If he's sold, he's sold but I will be straight down the bookies putting money on us to go down.

He loves it here and is still young. I think he realises that he's far better off playing first team football under GJ's excellent tutilage than taking the gravy train and rotting in the reserves of some Premier League backwater like Middlesborough. His time will come and when it does he'll be playing for a better club than them on a lot more money me thinks.

Point being, he won't seek a move.

If he's sold, he's sold but I will be straight down the bookies putting money on us to go down.

He loves it here and is still young. I think he realises that he's far better off playing first team football under GJ's excellent tutilage than taking the gravy train and rotting in the reserves of some Premier League backwater like Middlesborough. His time will come and when it does he'll be playing for a better club than them on a lot more money me thinks.

Never said he would SEEK a move mucker, but if put in front of him he WOULD take it.

Its just to big a fish to miss out on. His agent will almost sign the paperwork for him.

don't forget, that agent will be on at least 10% which could equal a nice £250,000 smaker roonies in the wallet

With a 5% cut of the transfer (as he hasn't asked for a transfer) and a signing on sweetener, Marv would be on a nice little earner as well - before pocketing an extra quarter of a million per annum.

He would be mad to turn it down if he was offered the chance.

He's fairly young, the club could get £2-3m plus keep him on a season long loan maybe.....

Sounds like good business especailly if City can retain his services on loan for another year. On a smaller scale, wouldn't it make sense to off loan Ribeiro. The £500k to £800k would be a useful sum for a player who can't even break into the squad. Losing him would not pose any threat to 1st team success, where as losing Marv would be difficult for GJ to compensate for. .

Archived