IGNORED

15th November Clash With Rovers

bringbacktherobin

I agree, it's not likely that there will be much more than 6,000 at the Gas game and it's not as if they're playing a club who has a hooligan problem, so a low key police presence is justified.

Our game will be a sell-out with the normal police presence.

They do it in London every week...

i agree cant see it being a problem, i think the only ones with the problem will be radio bristol, who don't often cover the home team.

Who will they chose??

Early 1960s (1963?) someone on here prob knows the year...

City then in Div 3 home in the FA Cup 1st round at the Gate.

Gas then in Div 2 home in the League at Easyville.

Bristol home to the All Blacks at the Mem.

All took place on the same day with a 3.00pm kick off and City had the biggest attendance of the three games! Back then the Police reacted to the demand instead of imposing restrictions. (Over to you Red Goblin).

I agree, it's not likely that there will be much more than 6,000 at the Gas game and it's not as if they're playing a club who has a hooligan problem, so a low key police presence is justified.

Our game will be a sell-out with the normal police presence.

They do it in London every week...

Our game will be a sell out hopefully but with it being Forest I would be surprised if it's a normal Police presence. I would suspect it to have a very large police presence and moving it to a Sunday lunch time would suit the police.

I for one will be furious if they move Forest to a Tuesday night.

That will probably mean that one of my best mates will not be able to make the trip down to watch Forest at AG.

Why can't it just be agreed that it's much more disruptive to move a game that will attract 19.5k than one that will attract 4.5k?

We have surely got to be the priority now as the gas are an irrelevance.

The Gash gave up their rights to any fixture moving powers when they pulled the plug on the Cheltenham move so our game should go ahead as planned.

Their game at The Horfield Marshes will probably be rained-off anyway.

Good on um! Moveing there game before they're made to move it :innocent06: They know there place!

I still don't understand why both games couldn't take place on the same day. But yes, at least they've decided to only inconvenience 2,000 people instead of 20,000.

I still don't understand why both games couldn't take place on the same day. But yes, at least they've decided to only inconvenience 2,000 people instead of 20,000.

Wouldn't have thought S****horpe would have brought 2000! :)

Just saw this and was worried the game would be moved but that is good news. Always enjoy the trip down to Ashton Gate but on a Tuesday night it wouldn't have been half as good.

I think Ashton Gate looks pretty good beneath the glare of the floodlights. Granted that on a hot, sunny day it is bright and airy, but an evening game has a certain ambience about it.

I don't think the time of kick-off makes a game better or not.

Anyway, always enjoy my football at BS3 irrespective if it's an evening game or afternoon. :tongue:

Archived