IGNORED

Halmosi And Fallon

sunningdalered

So, the great Argyle end-of-season sale continues with the strong possibility of hamosi going to ull. If that's true, I hope he's got ******* strong neck muscles, because he's going to be spending a lot of time looking up as the ball sails between the back-four and forwards! :noexpression:

I feel pretty confident that there's a bit of history here of which I'm not aware - but does anyone fancy a cheeky bid for Rory Fallon? Did really well against us in both games last season (and also when he was at swindle didn't he?).

So, the great Argyle end-of-season sale continues with the strong possibility of hamosi going to ull. If that's true, I hope he's got ******* strong neck muscles, because he's going to be spending a lot of time looking up as the ball sails between the back-four and forwards! :noexpression:

I feel pretty confident that there's a bit of history here of which I'm not aware - but does anyone fancy a cheeky bid for Rory Fallon? Did really well against us in both games last season (and also when he was at swindle didn't he?).

Must say I rate him. Both his goals against us at AG was class. The same goes for his strike in Bassos first game for us (Swindon a) at the time we lost 9 on a trot under the former Conference manager :worship2:

Fallon saves his best performances and goals for when he's facing City and doesn't do alot inbetween.

No comparison to Roberts in my opinion, who, under the right manager and free of personal problems has the pace, guile and natural skill to move up the leagues.

Fallon couldn't score the mesmerising goal which finished off Hartlepool or indeed fashion the chance which Goodfellow took to get us back in that game.

Fallon has found his level, if not exceeded it, and has nowhere near the ability to enhance a Championship team with promotion ambitions.

Fallon saves his best performances and goals for when he's facing City and doesn't do alot inbetween.

Fallon has found his level, if not exceeded it, and has nowhere near the ability to enhance a Championship team with promotion ambitions.

Spot on.

Fallon was not a regular starter at Plymouth, nor was he at almost all the clubs he's been at. Very inconsistant.

No comparison to Roberts in my opinion, who, under the right manager and free of personal problems has the pace, guile and natural skill to move up the leagues.

Fallon couldn't score the mesmerising goal which finished off Hartlepool or indeed fashion the chance which Goodfellow took to get us back in that game.

Are you sure about that?

Seriously though you are all right in what you say Fallon would not be the answer if you want a push next season, he had 5 good months with us and we cashed in ( suprise suprise) Byfield is better imo

That's a bit unfair. Hull played some pretty neat football last season and I expect they'll keep the same attitude in the Prem too.

Fallon's one of those shite players that always seems to score important goals against the City. He ain't good enough for us and never will be. Besides, GJ managed him briefly at Yeovil and I've got it in my head they didn't get on.

Halmosi on the other hand would be a superb addition to the squad. Comfortable in positions all down the left side, he would be class for us. Sadly, like Watson the other day, I think he'll move higher than us. Would love to see him down the Gate though.

Rather have Cannon and Ball

Halmosi is highly rated and wanted by a few Premier League teams but i believe he's no better than McIndoe and Fallon hasn't played well all season (well what i've seen of him on the championship) but is it me or does he always seem to play well against us?

The Swans payed Swindon £300,000 for Fallon, he scored a few good goals for us, but missed an awful lot more!.....We couldn't believe it when Plymouth came up with £300,000 to take him to Home Park. Our strikers at that time were Leon Knight, Rory Fallon, Bayo Akinfenwa, and Mr. Entertainer himself...Lee Trundle. You've already got the best one out of the four!...... leave Rory at Plymouth!

So then Swansea Jack - how are you boys going to do this season?

Got a feeling you could surprise a few, high hopes or not?

I'd be more than happy with a mid table finish myself to be honest, we know it's going to be a big step up. i'll be happy if we can hold our own there for a couple of seasons, and cement our place as a good championship side. Looking forward to a trip to Ashton Gate again next season, not looking forward to Trunds playing against us though!

I'd be more than happy with a mid table finish myself to be honest, we know it's going to be a big step up. i'll be happy if we can hold our own there for a couple of seasons, and cement our place as a good championship side. Looking forward to a trip to Ashton Gate again next season, not looking forward to Trunds playing against us though!

Will be an odd day for you! I hope you do well, even with the whole English/Welsh thing (and the 7-1!) I just can't bring myself to hate you lot! As for Cardiff, piece of cake!

Rory Fallon isn't worth looking at.

His most successful stint was in a truly dire Swindon Town team - before that he was way behind Parkin & Mooney. When Mooney left he struggled. He then he jumped ship to Swansea, struggled early on there until the end of the season and scored at the Millennium Stadium.

He's not good enough at Plymouth - he's L1 at best which is nothing to be ashamed of because he's made it into the Championship and fair play to him. But I do think he's overacheived somewhat. His overhead against City is still one of the best individual goals I've seen at the County Ground.

On a side note I could see Plymouth struggle this season - then again, I say that every season!

Archived