IGNORED

Dele & Lita?

Brent Knoll Red

Whilst were all in limbo waiting for any news on who exactly Mr Johnson has pencilled in as viable Championship winning 'New Signings' - I thought I'd check to see if anyone had heard any news on our old friend Leroy Lita.

I'm keeping everything crossed that the boy signs for us again as I can't think of a better front 2 that Dele and Lita in Championship.

Dele has shown his commitment and wins everything in the air and if Lita can pick up 50% of the knock ons that Dele provides he'll score a hat full next season.

Whilst were all in limbo waiting for any news on who exactly Mr Johnson has pencilled in as viable Championship winning 'New Signings' - I thought I'd check to see if anyone had heard any news on our old friend Leroy Lita.

I'm keeping everything crossed that the boy signs for us again as I can't think of a better front 2 that Dele and Lita in Championship.

Dele has shown his commitment and wins everything in the air and if Lita can pick up 50% of the knock ons that Dele provides he'll score a hat full next season.

Couldnt resist it could you Nick !!

I would definately like to see Lita re-sign for City but the problem might be what other clubs are interested in him, particularly Premier League clubs like Bolton.

I wouldn't expect Lita to decline a move to a Prem club in preference to joining City again. No-one could expect any player to turn down a move to the Prem.

Lita is a top goalscorer imo.He may not have produced the goods at Reading consistantly enough to keep Copple happy but we saw just how good Lita is when he's happy at a club. Some of the goals he scored for City were tremendous - who remembers his hat-trick in the fog at Torquay?

He would do well along side a target man but I reckon he'd be just as good along side a clever player like Trundle.Lita is an out and out goalscorer and could play with any type of co-striker.

I would definately like to see Lita re-sign for City but the problem might be what other clubs are interested in him, particularly Premier League clubs like Bolton.

I wouldn't expect Lita to decline a move to a Prem club in preference to joining City again. No-one could expect any player to turn down a move to the Prem.

Lita is a top goalscorer imo.He may not have produced the goods at Reading consistantly enough to keep Copple happy but we saw just how good Lita is when he's happy at a club. Some of the goals he scored for City were tremendous - who remembers his hat-trick in the fog at Torquay?

He would do well along side a target man but I reckon he'd be just as good along side a clever player like Trundle.Lita is an out and out goalscorer and could play with any type of co-striker.

Leroy was unlucky last season. He started very few games, and could not get in a regular pattern, which meant he became inconsistent. However, he wasn't the only Reading player to play badly last season. Let's not forget, the year before he was the top goalscoring English striker in the Premier League - ahead of many other English strikers that went on to get into the England team.

What stopped him from playing so much last year, and what continues to dog him, are the off-field rumours, which any manager taking him on needs to sort out before he wastes a very promising career.

Wise words indeed. I'm with you, would love to see if back and agree he'll score a shed load of goals. I'm just interested to see where he ends up. Apparently he was pencilled to sign if we had gone up and if he stays Championship, surely he'd prefer City to Reading. (On the proviso we can meet his wage demands)

Come on Mr lansdown - put you hand in your pocket and secure us Prem Football!

Some of the goals he scored for City were tremendous - who remembers his hat-trick in the fog at Torquay?

Yes, I've got a hazy recollection. :innocent06:

Thing is, I wonder if he's stopped whacking them wide/over from 3 yards as well?

Lita misses alot of chances but often notches one in the end so gets a good tally if persevered with.

Unlike the team of 2 or 3 seasons ago, does the present City team create enough chances to allow for this? :dunno:

What stopped him from playing so much last year, and what continues to dog him, are the off-field rumours, which any manager taking him on needs to sort out before he wastes a very promising career.

If anyone is unhappy then they are more likely to behave in a dysfunctional way especially a young guy like Lita. Most of the rumours that sprung up were started here in Bristol. We should ask what Lita was doing in Bristol when the bright lights of London were just up the M4 from Reading.

The bottom line is that Lita likes Bristol and feels very at home in the City. It could be that he was homesick in Reading and despite his Prem wages still found himself heading west when he could.I reckon he couldn't settle in Reading and that was why he some difficulties adjusting to life up there. Carey was the same in Coventry and we all know what happened to Louis.

Hopefully Lita will do the same thing.

Guest Eamer

Would love to see him here again, when he's given half a chance he'll usually take it. Would be a great signing... and a young one too. Not often have we signed young strikers recently (Adebola, Trundle, Byfield).

Nothing to do with SL putting his hands in his pockets - he tried to get him in January and would get him here in a flash if he could.

The issue is two fold really - will Lita sign for a Championship club when he is already at one of the favourites for promotion ?

And will GJ have him after Lita reportedly agreed to sign for us - but only if we were successful in the playoff final.

I suppose there is also the chance that a lower Premier League side will come in for him, but that would be the likes of Hull or Stoke I would think.

I think the likelihood is that he'll stay where he is.

He's undoubtably good enough to stay in Prem, with which club.....who knows. I'm hoping he wants an exit back to Brizzol and see's City as a stepping stone back into Prem football in 2009/2010 season.

Interesting comment found on a Reading Fan Site:

Leroy Lita

If you'd have asked me at Xmas if Lita would still be at Reading come the beginning of next season, I'd have set 100% no. I'm beginning to think differently though. He seems to have patched things up with Steve Coppell and his passion and appreciation for the fans after the Derby game seemed as though he wanted to stay. There have been no clubs linked with him, apart from a laughable £2 million bid from Bristol City. If he's made up with Coppell I think he will stay, but you never know

He's undoubtably good enough to stay in Prem, with which club.....who knows. I'm hoping he wants an exit back to Brizzol and see's City as a stepping stone back into Prem football in 2009/2010 season.

Interesting comment found on a Reading Fan Site:

Leroy Lita

If you'd have asked me at Xmas if Lita would still be at Reading come the beginning of next season, I'd have set 100% no. I'm beginning to think differently though. He seems to have patched things up with Steve Coppell and his passion and appreciation for the fans after the Derby game seemed as though he wanted to stay. There have been no clubs linked with him, apart from a laughable £2 million bid from Bristol City. If he's made up with Coppell I think he will stay, but you never know

Just to back this up, I work in Reading and subsequently a lot of Royals fans. They are all convinced that he will now stay put, and just laugh when I say we have been linked with him. Reading fans seem to think that they are some kind of massive club that dwarfs little old Bristol City in stature merely because they have played in the prem for two seasons.

In truth the town is bland, the football team is bland, and the stadium is bland - Come on Leroy, youre too good for this lot come home!

CTID

Just to add that he also played very well alongside Brooker. They formed probably the best striking partnership we've had for a long time, scoring close to 50 goals between them.

It relies on two less than probable events - namely the signing of Lita and the return to fitness of Brooker, but I'd like to see that partnership have a go in the Championship.

I would love it if we signed him, but i'm realistic. We are Championship side, and while Lita clearly loves City its probably not going to be enough to sway him considering intererst from the Prem.

Hopefully the deal can somhow be done, Leroy loves Bristol and the attention he gets here from being a hero, the fans would worship him, thats a major factor, but is it enough? we'll see...

£2m plus £1m if we go up. good business imho.

Get ya check book out Stevy!!!! :icecream:

I would love it if we signed him, but i'm realistic. We are Championship side, and while Lita clearly loves City its probably not going to be enough to sway him considering intererst from the Prem.

Hopefully the deal can somhow be done, Leroy loves Bristol and the attention he gets here from being a hero, the fans would worship him, thats a major factor, but is it enough? we'll see...

£2m plus £1m if we go up. good business imho.

Get ya check book out Stevy!!!! :icecream:

I'm a big Leroy fan and would be delighted if we could get him back here, however I understood it was the players own decision to go to Charlton in the transfer window instead of coming here (If I'm wrong please correct me)..Thus I suspect the player himself might not want to come back...I'd be delighted to be wrong though!! :fingerscrossed:

Whaaa? :surrender:

I'm not convinced we went in for him last season, did we?, i would not like to think he prefered a move to Charlton over us, but meh if he did.

We did, well publicised, he turned us down.

He might end up being a good football signing this Summer- who knows who GJ and SL really have in mind as alternatives - but if he really had strong feelings for BCFC he had the ideal chance to show it and try to power us over the finishing line. I'm not at all sure he's progressed much since leaving us to justify a probable 2m+. fee, he's always struck me, literally, as a hit and miss sort of player.

Who knows, City might be in the Premier League now if Leroy hadn't chosen to go to Charlton instead.

Mind you, for those touting him as our ideal signing, he hardly pulled up any trees there either.

Did he?

I thought that Copple had something to do with Lita not coming to City.

Unless I dreamt it I heard SL talking about it on Radio Bristol. I thought Leroy's decision was well publicised and widely known, although we didn't hear about it for a while after the transfer window.

Surely it wouldn't make any difference to Coppell whether Leroy went on loan to Charlton or City?

As far as I'm aware it was entirely the player's choice.

Unless I dreamt it I heard SL talking about it on Radio Bristol. I thought Leroy's decision was well publicised and widely known, although we didn't hear about it for a while after the transfer window.

Surely it wouldn't make any difference to Coppell whether Leroy went on loan to Charlton or City?

As far as I'm aware it was entirely the player's choice.

True, but wouldnt surprise me if Coppel wanted Leroy playing at a "bigger" club.

If anyone is unhappy then they are more likely to behave in a dysfunctional way especially a young guy like Lita. Most of the rumours that sprung up were started here in Bristol. We should ask what Lita was doing in Bristol when the bright lights of London were just up the M4 from Reading.

The bottom line is that Lita likes Bristol and feels very at home in the City. It could be that he was homesick in Reading and despite his Prem wages still found himself heading west when he could.I reckon he couldn't settle in Reading and that was why he some difficulties adjusting to life up there. Carey was the same in Coventry and we all know what happened to Louis.

Hopefully Lita will do the same thing.

Actually, the rumours I was on about were not the common ones circulating around Bristol involving nightclubs, but one that had come direct from a Reading fan and involved certain bedroom sports...

To be honest, though, I wouldn't have a real problem with him returning if he does put his mind to it.

Archived