IGNORED

Why Do We Lose Aginst No Hopers

aa_bcfc

I do not understand why we always seem to lose against

1. Teams in or just out of administration

2.Teams who are ravaged with injuries and suspensions.

3.Teams who have not won for weeks.

Its a matter of roll up roll up if you need a lift play Bristol City, they are sure to bottle it against you.

aa bcfc

Guest CiderRedMatt

i know what you mean mate! look at the luton game last year! didn't crewe slip up that saturday aswell? cudn't believe 2day!, anyway, lets hope plyouth do us a favour!

Because we were crap in the first half. The first goal was gifted, due to a mix up.

We really need to tidy up the set pieces, and stop conceding silly goals.

We fought our way back in to a draw, and promptly conceded again. And we actually scored twice!! Kin amazing!!

I was told by my Luton supporting mate that they aint won against us in the league since 1982!!

Seeing as we appear to do well against good sides, bring on Brighton then

I wish I could put it behind me as easily.

We score in injury time to secure a point, absolute relief.

Incredibly we have a chance to win the game...imagine the joy if we had scored, we would now be 2nd a point in front of QPR in the driving seat.

Then in true Bristol City tradition of being the annual chokers we concede in the 93rd minute against a team who have not won in weeks, absolute despair.

I am not sure how much more of this dissappointment I can take.

aa bcfc

• Admin

Chelsea Syndrome (02/03)

Chelsea syndrome(02/03) usually affects megastars who fail to raise their game when travelling to inferior opposition, perhaps the division two 'stars' have caught this unfortunate disease. The symptons are:

1) Raising their game against the 'big' (and fellow 'star') opposition

2) Usually, maintaining a decent home record, even against the divisions whipping boys

3) Expecting to win at the grounds of their lowly opposition, just by turning up

4) Having a Manager who's bizarre substitutions, could earn him the title of Tinkerman II

NOTE: It is possible that these symptoms can easily be confused with the unique DannyWilsonitis, so careful diagnosis is needed.

The usual cure for DannyWilsonitis is to replace the Manager, although as with any surgical procedure, even this may not guarantee a full cure.

Guest Rikku

Because for some bizarre reason, we always raise our game and pull out all the stops against the bigger teams (i.e. those above or near us in the league) but, equally as consistently, we seem to approach the rest of the games with complacency - particularly in the first 45 mins. This has been the case for ages and I still don't understand why lessons haven't been learned already?!!

Luton were not no-hopers. They were a team fighting for the chance to stay in play-off contention. They had plenty to lose and they played like it. I always thought this was going to be a tough one, and if somoene had offered me the chance to fall just one more point behind QPR, given that they were at home to Stockport and we were away to Luton, I'd have taken it without hesitation - especially knowing the rest of the run-in. In my view today's results as a whole have strengthened our chances of outstripping QPR, not diminished them.

I agree, it's infuriating to do the double over Plymuff, but only take 1 point off Wycombe. The studio experts reckon that's part of the beauty of football and why we all go to watch.

I also concur with RedTop. Having to visit Plymuff and then home v Swindle, QPR would have wanted to be more than one point ahead of us at this stage. 5.0pm yesterday i was really down, but looking @ the fixture list, CITY CAN DO IT!

• Admin
In my view today's results as a whole have strengthened our chances of outstripping QPR, not diminished them.
Yes, I agree, being two points behind QPR instead of one point, as we were at the start of play yesterday, has certainly improved our chances. Well done, Danny...

Archived