IGNORED

A Chance To Show Some Humility

Percy Parrot

Also thinking how some people opted to give Cotts stick at Sheff Utd because he gave us a BRILLIANT deal and wanted to move up to the Premier League!?! Fair play to him - daft if he'd turned it down!

I am pleased to say when Shaun Goater came to AG a year or so back he was given a great reception - even though he opted to leave a side bound for promotion to a side bound for relegation. Most people at the time thought it was a strange one but fair play to him it ended up being a great move for him.

IF Carle moves to Palace and they should be top of the league when we play them and us bottom does that mean you'll all say "fair enough - he was right to move on"....doubt it!

Sounds like it's fine to think you're bigger than Yeovil if you want to join City. It's fine to want first team football and leave Newcastle to join us. It's fine to move "sideways" to City because we're better/bigger than all those clubs who players have moved from anyway. But god forbid anyone leave us! They are OUR players and must play for us until we decide otherwise!

Sounds like being a football fan to me - stop being so rational.

Remember we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen! :city:

Mccindoe wasn't getting a look in at Wolves...

McIndoe joined Wolves in January 2006, and played 27 games for them before joining us. I'd say that was pretty similar to the Carle move, although perhaps McIndoe had more incentive to come here to play under Johnson. McIndoe got plenty of stick from Wolves fans certainly at the home game, only heard the away game on the radio so I can't comment there. I would imagine if Carle left he'd probably get stick from sections of our fans. Probably not from me as I like him as a player, but I would understand why others would if they were dissatisfied at his reasons for leaving.

Prior to McIndoe's exit from Wolves, they had just signed Jarvis as a replacement I believe, as it would be foolish to let a player of McIndoe's quality leave without a replacement. I'm sure Gary either believes Carle isn't needed in a squad with Johnson, Noble and Elliott competing for midfield places (which I doubt, as Carle is a quality player), or he has a replacement. Nothing to worry about then?

The point I'm making is that the overwhelming majority of those afore mentioned names left their clubs to join us for valid reasons.

Players have left us for similar valid reasons before and it's players like Tony Thorpe who left a sour taste in the mouth who moved sideways after a huge outlay and hence got the reaction he deserved. Matt Hill on the over hand fell into the GJ role in that he thought he'd gone as far as he could with us, with a bunch of pissheads in the team at that time, and got welcomed back like a hero.

If it comes out Carle had a clause put into his contract or asked for a move for money reasons then he deserves to cop some flack because of the club he's negotiating with is no better than us. Nobody knows the reasons behind his seemingly imminent departure but once it does become clear I'm sure fans will react appropriately.

Matt Hill had a clause in his contract that allowed him to move if a bid of £100k or more was made for him.

Archived