IGNORED

Basso Off?

Sirben

A mate at work who has contacts in the North east reckons Newcastle are looking at Basso as a replacement for Arsenal bound Shay Given.

Reckons they are lining up a 1.5million bid.

Please don't shoot me down, I'm just passing on what ive heard.

A mate at work who has contacts in the North east reckons Newcastle are looking at Basso as a replacement for Arsenal bound Shay Given.

Oh dear o dear :noexpression:

Here we go again :winner_third_h4h:

If true, then I wouldnt take £1.5million for him, but if would depend what the player wanted.... Basso has made it clear his desire to play in the Premier League.

Funny how times change. I remember him making a goal conceding gaffe at Cheltenham in the cup during our league 1 promotion season and being jeered the rest of the game. Recently watched the review of that season and he was at fault for many a goal. Credit to him for eliminating those errors and putting himself in a position where he is linked with established Premier league clubs.

Funny how times change. I remember him making a goal conceding gaffe at Cheltenham in the cup during our league 1 promotion season and being jeered the rest of the game. Recently watched the review of that season and he was at fault for many a goal. Credit to him for eliminating those errors.

I would not like to see many of my posts about him around that time thats for sure!!! I was a massive critic of his.

Oh Jez here we go but thanks for your post Sirben. Keegan "pinched" a star before I hope he does not pinch this one.

So has Basso been on the Radio or anything yet saying how much he likes Magpies and his good friend Claudio Cacapa has shown him around the Toon. :icecream:

Ohh wait... whats this? i hear a lark in a tree?... A lorry going by... someone chatting in Portuguese....some crappy daytime TV programme......my PC fan humming away.....my keyboard tap taperty tap....someone is rustling a crisp bag, oh that's me......i hear the wind too...

Can someone please lend Arny a fiver so he can go to the 3 Lions and find out the truth please!!

It wasn't Arny who started the story from the Three Lions. He got it from the WDP.

We don't need to lend him a fiver to buy the local paper. Well, I'd want change.

This would not surprise me in the slightest. Given says he doesn't want to go but I'm reckon he will. Who would choose Newcastle over Arsenal. I certainly wouldn't.

I don't think Arsenal are interested in him as they announced their squad numbers yesterday and Almunia was given the no.1 shirt. Although that isn't concrete, for example Lehmann last year, Wenger does seem to keep faith in his squad and Given wouldn't go there to be back-up to Almunia.

But Given isn't going anywhere. He stated he wants to stay at Newcastle until he retires.

edit: Here's the link - http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3730104,00.html

Next.

"It's a great football club with fantastic fans, so I have no reason to leave."

Rubbish Shay, If you have the chance to double you're money per week and play Champions league football are you really going to turn it down becuase you want a Geordie twang? If the gooners come in for him he'll be gone quicker than you can say Ka-Ching!

Can someone please lend Arny a fiver so he can go to the 3 Lions and find out the truth please!!

Thats very funny.

Good keeper, yes. Irreplacable, no.

Basso's going to be 33 next season. If any bid of around £2m comes in and is made available to go out and get a slightly younger keeper of equal ability then it would be welcome in my eyes.

Not that it anyway because it's all tosh anyway.

Thats very funny.

No what is funny, is one of the most EVER viewed topics with over 30,000 views and 540 replies, on a player that wasn't exactly an established city legend.

God only knows what it would have been like had this forum been up and running when jacki left

Heard this too!

Just had a Mackem start here, just had an induction with him where chat steers away from work to drinking, women and football - when I mentioned I was City he told me his Toon mates were chatting about Basso at the weekend.

Something in this maybe?

Basso's going to be 33 next season. If any bid of around £2m comes in and is made available to go out and get a slightly younger keeper of equal ability then it would be welcome in my eyes.

Mind you, we also said it was all tosh when rumours started that Cotterill was going to Wigan for silly money 2 years ago.

33 isnt old for a keeper, still got a good 5-7 years in him yet.....

Ohh wait... whats this? i hear a lark in a tree?... A lorry going by... someone chatting in Portuguese....some crappy daytime TV programme......my PC fan humming away.....my keyboard tap taperty tap....someone is rustling a crisp bag, oh that's me......i hear the wind too...

it wasn't ronaldo by any chance? come to cheer us up with all this transfer doom and gloom - Bristol's much nicer than Madrid!!

It wasn't Arny who started the story from the Three Lions. He got it from the WDP.

We don't need to lend him a fiver to buy the local paper. Well, I'd want change.

Thankyou for that Edson but can assure you i knew about the Carle deal saturday afternoon after a phone call from a contact at the 3 Lions.

I had no doudt what he was telling me was the truth, this contact is ALWAYS right.

Trust me, i never post any bull as quite a few on here will agree with

Thankyou for that Edson but can assure you i knew about the Carle deal saturday afternoon after a phone call from a contact at the 3 Lions.

I had no doudt what he was telling me was the truth, this contact is ALWAYS right.

Where's this 3 Lions then? Maybe I should get meself down there instead of The Maynard in Bagworth - everyone in there seems to wear Leicester shirts for some reason!

Got to ask, have you heard anything at all about Basso?

I knew about the Carle deal on Saturday afternoon after a post on this forum by a contact at the Three Lions.

It's the first post of the Carle thread.

Archived