IGNORED

Tyson Going Nowhere

'Orns

I think most of us would rather we would get someone better some random gem and remeber just like the offical website said we signed most of our players late in window. But he could still easily sign remeber lita even signed a brand new contract, if he doesn't wanna stay forest will take the cash then let him go on free.

I think most of us would rather we would get someone better some random gem and remeber just like the offical website said we signed most of our players late in window. But he could still easily sign remeber lita even signed a brand new contract, if he doesn't wanna stay forest will take the cash then let him go on free.

Exactly, Lee Trundle wasnt for sale when he signed for us.

I know it's only the Daily Mirror but the fact Forest haven't announced anything regarding Tyson yet, I do think he'll be off. Where? Who knows but if he wanted to stay, he'd have signed a new deal by now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20621426/

I for one will be sorry to see him go. If he can keep himself fit, I don't think the step up to the Championship with bother him one bit and he will score goals in this division.

I know it's only the Daily Mirror but the fact Forest haven't announced anything regarding Tyson yet, I do think he'll be off. Where? Who knows but if he wanted to stay, he'd have signed a new deal by now.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20621426/

I for one will be sorry to see him go. If he can keep himself fit, I don't think the step up to the Championship with bother him one bit and he will score goals in this division.

What is it with Calderwood and strikers this summer.

Seems like its open season on your team.

Apart from Earnshaw, which forwards do you actually have left???

What is it with Calderwood and strikers this summer.

Seems like its open season on your team.

Apart from Earnshaw, which forwards do you actually have left???

It's not just the strikers mate, the midfield has been wiped out too with Commons and Clingan gone!

Apart from Earnie we've got Emile Sinclair and Gareth McCleary! Both good prospects but neither have had a decent run in the first team and certainly not ready for regular first team action in the Championship!

Agogo, as far as I know, is still a Forest player. His dream move to Egypt side Zamalek hasn't gone though yet - He needs international clearance or something? I think it's only a matter of time though and with Tyson stalling/rejecting a new deal things ain't too rosey at the City Ground.

I'm not panicking yet though. I think most teams are in the same boat at the moment. I would expect things to pick up after next Monday though with transfers being announced right across the divisions :fingerscrossed:

We've been strongly linked with a move for Heidar Helguson from Bolton today so maybe that points Tyson to the exit door as he wont be an automatic first choice selection anymore. With Holt gone though and Agogo going I think its imperative we keep hold of Tyson. :fingerscrossed: he'll stay.

Edit: Ross McCormack is set to sign for us too, not looking good for Tyson wanting to stay if we bring both these guys in

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa..._for_forest.php

It's not just the strikers mate, the midfield has been wiped out too with Commons and Clingan gone!

Apart from Earnie we've got Emile Sinclair and Gareth McCleary! Both good prospects but neither have had a decent run in the first team and certainly not ready for regular first team action in the Championship!

Agogo, as far as I know, is still a Forest player. His dream move to Egypt side Zamalek hasn't gone though yet - He needs international clearance or something? I think it's only a matter of time though and with Tyson stalling/rejecting a new deal things ain't too rosey at the City Ground.

I'm not panicking yet though. I think most teams are in the same boat at the moment. I would expect things to pick up after next Monday though with transfers being announced right across the divisions :fingerscrossed:

TBH, I think that you will probably miss the quality players in midfield in this division much more than you will miss strikers leaving. Ball retention is EVERYTHING in this division.

FFS we finished 4th last season - Top league scorer for us - 8!!!, but we had a great MF and defence, and the best goalie outside the Prem (442 magazines assertion - not mine)

TBH, I think that you will probably miss the quality players in midfield in this division much more than you will miss strikers leaving. Ball retention is EVERYTHING in this division.

FFS we finished 4th last season - Top league scorer for us - 8!!!, but we had a great MF and defence, and the best goalie outside the Prem (442 magazines assertion - not mine)

I agree to an extent but it doesn't hurt to have a frontman who can bang in 20 a season. Kevin Phillips at West Brom is a good example. With a striker like Phillips in your side, you'd be in the Premier League now I reckon.

We've been strongly linked with a move for Heidar Helguson from Bolton today so maybe that points Tyson to the exit door as he wont be an automatic first choice selection anymore.

£1.5m on a 30 year old who is injured more than Tyson! Laughable really. Why not use the money on a better deal for Tyson? I'd rather keep Tyson than gamble on someone looking for one last big pay day.

I agree to an extent but it doesn't hurt to have a frontman who can bang in 20 a season. Kevin Phillips at West Brom is a good example. With a striker like Phillips in your side, you'd be in the Premier League now I reckon.

OOh worms and can of, spring to mind on this forum matey.

20 goals a season can't hurt, but it isn't everything - look at SOTON, 20 goal(ish) Stern John, avoided relegation last game of the season.

OOh worms and can of, spring to mind on this forum matey.

20 goals a season can't hurt, but it isn't everything - look at SOTON, 20 goal(ish) Stern John, avoided relegation last game of the season.

So using your example, Southampton would have been relegated had Stern John not chipped in with 20 (ish) goals?

I don't think it's a can of worms. Goals win games and if a team has a proven goalscorer who can chip in with a few every season that team will win more games than they lose.

That's why it's important Forest keep hold of Tyson because if fit, he will step up to the Championship table and deliver. I wasn't that bothered to see the likes of Commons (although to Derby did leave a nasty taste in my mouth!), Clingham, Agogo, and Holt go but if Tyson leaves, I'll be gutted.

So using your example, Southampton would have been relegated had Stern John not chipped in with 20 (ish) goals?

I don't think it's a can of worms. Goals win games and if a team has a proven goalscorer who can chip in with a few every season that team will win more games than they lose.

That's why it's important Forest keep hold of Tyson because if fit, he will step up to the Championship table and deliver. I wasn't that bothered to see the likes of Commons (although to Derby did leave a nasty taste in my mouth!), Clingham, Agogo, and Holt go but if Tyson leaves, I'll be gutted.

Tell that to Ade Akinbiyi.

Scored 23 goals for us in the Championship (as is) and we were relegated, finishing bottom with 42 points.

Trust me. On here it is a can of worms. Quite a few of our topics end up like a Bt directory of fans chipping in with names that they would want to see here as that elusive 20 goal a season striker.

And yes obviously goals do win games but we found from OUR experience last season(and it ain't rocket science) that amazingly you only have to score 1 more goal than the opposition - so you don't have to win every game 2,3 6 nil, and all I was commenting on was we did quite nicely with a Top GS of 8.

Obviously(?), you will need more experienced back up other than the two young uns you have to go alongside Earnie and Tyson(if he stays). It just seemed funny(not ha,ha funny) that you, like us, have a couple of strikers, whilst teams like Charlton, Brum and Wolves, seem to buy strikers like normal people buy bottles of milk(i.e. frequently)

My gut feeling is that Johnson will get his man.

We'll have to stick up a million quid for Tyson but he could well be worth it.

If the lad wants to be part of something special then a move to City is the right choice.

Laughable.. 1 million for Tyson... Football gone mad.

don't do it GJ.

don't do it GJ.

Crikey havantopia, that is freaky. Just read the Leicester thread about their sales yesterday and you said exactly the same thing about Hume.

"1.2m?... football gone mad"

Generally - I take it that you feel that football has gone mad?

btw I agree 1 and 1.2m on 2 average strikers.

don't do it GJ.

It's all relative.

£1 mill for Trundle but that easily repaid itself as firstly we stayed up and then his goal sent us to Wembley for a massive pay day.

£1 mill is diddly squat if Tyson's goals take us to the Prem.

The fees being paid this summer (thus far) don't seem as high as last year anyway.

Archived