IGNORED

Club Organised Away Trip

WarksRed

Very steep that price but due to the late announcement and lack ot time flights out on easy jet to Faro would cost half of that. If there was enough time fans could have done it themselves for around £200 staying in Albufeira.

Obviously a reason for that which is contained within the announcement from the club, the club make 20%, the company putting it all together will make as much, probably more. Hence the price, the choice as they say is yours.

Obviously a reason for that which is contained within the announcement from the club, the club make 20%, the company putting it all together will make as much, probably more. Hence the price, the choice as they say is yours.

Shhh a mark up of £100 is very reasonable what with this credit crunch on its way.

• SC&T Board Members

Actually, that's not what it says. It says the club will get 20% OF THE PROFIT. Not 20% of the £395. So, yes, there is clearly a mark-up - as on all things sold commercially - for the operator and the club, but to imply that between the two of them it is 40% or more of the price is disingenuous.

Actually, that's not what it says. It says the club will get 20% OF THE PROFIT. Not 20% of the £395. So, yes, there is clearly a mark-up - as on all things sold commercially - for the operator and the club, but to imply that between the two of them it is 40% or more of the price is disingenuous.

Anyone commercially aware will appreciate the mark up will be at least that.

Can get a weeks holiday there for £220 and i doubt the tickets are alot

I would imagine flights are around £200-250 return. Though I don't know I imagine the club may have to book scheduled flights rather than chartered holiday flights (or have bought a block from a tour operator) but the club will never have the clout and ability to book up chartered flights as cheaply as the tour operators, nor the hotels for that matter. Hence the cost.

So maybe it is a bit more expensive than other options but I am not at all surprised and as others have stated the club would need to make something I imagine to justify spending time on it.

I doubt you can get a flight and all transfers for under £250 inc taxes etc.

Add in the 3 star hotel and match tickets and I think the offer is reasonable.

Hardly a rip off.

It is only 4 nights B&B in a 3 star hotel. Hardly a bargain!

But....its Brstol City - there has to be a profit made at the fans expense somewhere...

It is only 4 nights B&B in a 3 star hotel. Hardly a bargain!

But....its Brstol City - there has to be a profit made at the fans expense somewhere...

The cheapest flights I can find for those dates come to £193.98. I presume there's an additional charge for hold luggage, so say £220.

That leaves £175 for hotel, breakfast, return airport transfers and match tickets.

Say the hotel is £35 per night, which I would consider cheap for 3 star accommodation in that area. That's another £140.

Leaving £35 for your match tickets and airport travel.

I don't see that it's that bad a deal.

I suspect you will be on the same flight as the players and they are just tring to cover costs of the trip.

The price isn't that bad too be honest but I think I'm going to spend my money on Andorra away with England instead.

I suspect you will be on the same flight as the players and they are just tring to cover costs of the trip.

The price isn't that bad too be honest but I think I'm going to spend my money on Andorra away with England instead.

Come out with us Dave, Lloret De Mar. Will be quality mate! Ryanair still got flights going dirt cheap at the moment as I just booked Brad's up a week or so ago.

Come out with us Dave, Lloret De Mar. Will be quality mate! Ryanair still got flights going dirt cheap at the moment as I just booked Brad's up a week or so ago.

what a pisser just realised I'm in spain on hols then staying in valencia area , driving down with the dear wife , so will be able to drive back up to andorra for the game , :englandsmile4wf:

Interesting pricing structure here ....... 20 mins ago price had risen to £465 ..

it seems easyjets rates go up as they fill seats .

cost is Accomodation, tickets and transfers @ £180 per person this is fixed .

plus whatever the flight costs are when you book.

:englandsmile4wf:

Phoned again this morning ....... was told price would be £490 on next allocation .......

i said next, ?

they said first allocation of accomodation all gone, they would let me know when more became available ......

so

...... we booked a twin room at the California hotel in Albufeira from 15th to 19th for £231.96 for the room with travel republic

and Ryan air flights ouT of Stanstead for £144 ea.. (coming from warwickshireshire and Yorkshire Stansteads nearer for us anyway)

And airport transfers @ £12.00 each

so ........ as long as the match tickets are less than £110 each, we've saved money :innocent06:

maybe we'll see an Egyptian playing in Portugal

...... we booked a twin room at the California hotel in Albufeira from 15th to 19th for £231.96 for the room with travel republic

and Ryan air flights ouT of Stanstead for £144 ea.. (coming from warwickshireshire and Yorkshire Stansteads nearer for us anyway)

And airport transfers @ £12.00 each

so ........ as long as the match tickets are less than £110 each, we've saved money :innocent06:

Sounds like a plan Warks.. Just need to persuade the other half we need a holiday... :D

Archived