IGNORED

Freddy

Pete1975Legend

Why not offer a bit more for either Andy Keogh or Billy Sharp, or both :fingerscrossed:

There is no way you could tempt Keogh to leave wolves to join you lot while he is still our 1st choice striker along side SEB. We are a bigger club are building a better side and have alot more money to survive in the prem if promoted.

There are only 2 ways you would manage to get Keogh and thats if he either lost his place in the starting 16 at wolves and our manager was happy to let him go or if you get promotion n we stay down.

Until then keep dreaming and stick to signing our rejects.

There is no way you could tempt Keogh to leave wolves to join you lot while he is still our 1st choice striker along side SEB. We are a bigger club are building a better side and have alot more money to survive in the prem if promoted.

There are only 2 ways you would manage to get Keogh and thats if he either lost his place in the starting 16 at wolves and our manager was happy to let him go or if you get promotion n we stay down.

Think two more goals and you could have made the play offs. Stick with your 'big club' mentality. Didn't help you last seson did it. Will look forward to seing your 'reject' boss the two games we play. Wolves missed MM last season. And only a blinkered Wolves fan would disagree.

Not according to Mr McIndoe - he left cause he thought we were a better club, thought we would do better than Wolves.... and we did

Seen nothing from Wolves to make me think any different. Signing that key striker is what GJ needs to finish our jigsaw.

As for money, have you not heard of Steve Lansdown, he's the one who's chasing abramovich up the sunday times money ladder

Now let me see, if Keogh is that good why is Mick signing and trying to sign strikers left right and centre?

We all know that money guarantees success, that's why Stoke, Hull and Bristol City all did so badly last year and Leicester were so good. Oh, hang on. As to big club seems like every team in this divison thinks that. Strange they're not all in the Premier League isn't it? Still you had a great side in the 50s and I was a big fan of the late great Doog. BTW I reckon if Mick can actually get his act together you will indeed be in the hunt next season, but with Mick you never know.

If you have any rejects as good as McIndoe we'll have them. If you were so glad to be rid of him why were so many of your fans so angry about it?

Think two more goals and you could have made the play offs. Stick with your 'big club' mentality. Didn't help you last seson did it. Will look forward to seing your 'reject' boss the two games we play. Wolves missed MM last season. And only a blinkered Wolves fan would disagree.

Cant argue with that but that was down to Mick McCarthy going back on his word to offer him a new contract after a falling out after McIndoes bad reaction to being subbed in the play off semi. MM was shit that night and acted poorly but McCarthy showed how much of a bad manager he is by taking his actions personally.

bigger fan base, better stadium, more attractive to signings, better history, more ambition, bigger financial backing,

Bigger heads and all. Hope you enjoy another season finishing below us kidder.

Now let me see, if Keogh is that good why is Mick signing and trying to sign strikers left right and centre?

We have Bothroyd, Elliott and Eastwood on the transfer list leaving us with just Keogh and SEB. It safe to say we need a new striker. If we sign someone better than Keogh then thats only going to be good for the club. If you have £3m+ to spend on a striker your not going to go out and buy someone who isnt better than what you already have.

Bigger heads and all. Hope you enjoy another season finishing below us kidder.

Time will tell i guess but I'm amazed how confident your fans are after just 1 good season.

Last season was the poorest championship in a long time, This season we have Brum, Wolves, Derby, Reading and also Ipswich, Norwich and Burnley spending big.

Who have you brought and sold so far? If you seriously think you will make the play offs again you will need to inprove your squad as its going to be one of the hardest championships in a long time

Heh I normally argue about clubs being bigger than us - but I wont with Wolves - top club just needs the right management.

We will deserve to be playing in the Premier League when we get there until then we will just be one of the biggest clubs in the championships and that will never change. In the fans eyes or the press'

bigger fan base.

Umm, no BCFC catchment area is twice that of yours.

better stadium.

Not for long mate, and anyways AG is a kickass stadium

more attractive to signings,

Do me a favor...tell me, who seriously wants to live in the midlands?

better history.

What does that really mean when a club is trying to move forward?

more ambition.

I very much doubt that.

bigger financial backing

We have one of the most stable set ups in the FL.

We have Bothroyd, Elliott and Eastwood on the transfer list leaving us with just Keogh and SEB. It safe to say we need a new striker. If we sign someone better than Keogh then thats only going to be good for the club. If you have £3m+ to spend on a striker your not going to go out and buy someone who isnt better than what you already have.

Plus Vokes who looks a great prospect, but fair enough. But surely if you're looking for someone who is better than Keogh then he could become surplus. As to buying players who are not better than you already have that happens all too often. That seems to be what happened with Eastwood. Charlton bought strikers every second Thursday, each one worse than the last! Anybody can spend money, spending it well is another matter (ask Ian Hollowhead).

Before you all carry on with the shout of sign him, read the reason for the Coventry deal falling through. Wolves are refusing to pay money Eastwood is entitelled to. Even with Coventry offering to pay half Wolves refused to pay any so do you suggest we pay 1Million for him then pay him monies due to him from Wolves.

Plus Vokes who looks a great prospect, but fair enough. But surely if you're looking for someone who is better than Keogh then he could become surplus. As to buying players who are not better than you already have that happens all too often. That seems to be what happened with Eastwood. Charlton bought strikers every second Thursday, each one worse than the last! Anybody can spend money, spending it well is another matter (ask Ian Hollowhead).

Yes Keogh could become surplus. That could also happen to Matt Jarvis now we have signed David Jones but who knows.

MM seems to have done really well when spending money. We still have about £5m to spend. We look close to signing the Hearts captain for £2m add a striker and il be haappy with the side.

I'm glad we are losing Olofinjana he was like a rock when it came to holding and keeping the ball but he looked like a fairy when it came to tackling and and trying to win the ball. He looks like an excelent player to someone looking in but if you watched him every week you would see why we have struggled this season with him in the side

Check last years league table, it doesn't lie. It says we were the 4th best club over the season. Mcindoe was one of our best players if you are referring to rejects, and if he is a reject and we finished above you with him in it, makes you wonder what sort of idiot would let him leave.

We saw what money did to Leeds Utd, they are a bigger club than all of the Championship clubs and majority of current Premier League clubs, what good is it in the 3rd division?

Money doesn't guarantee success, Sunderland spent nearly £40million and just about scraped through, your club has wasted endless amounts of money over the years chasing the dream and it looks like it's not taught you anything, how much did Hull and Stoke spend last season, hardly anything.

Like they care that you say Wolves are a big club, reality check needed mate, your players were good enough last season to go up, they just lack the desire to.

Time will tell i guess but I'm amazed how confident your fans are after just 1 good season.

Last season was the poorest championship in a long time, This season we have Brum, Wolves, Derby, Reading and also Ipswich, Norwich and Burnley spending big.

Who have you brought and sold so far? If you seriously think you will make the play offs again you will need to inprove your squad as its going to be one of the hardest championships in a long time

Time will indeed tell, please be sure to drop by again next May...whether it be to gloat, or eat a little humble pie.

Time will indeed tell, please be sure to drop by again next May...whether it be to gloat, or eat a little humble pie.

Will do i strongly believe we will finish above you but we will both miss out on promotion. Thats my prediction and il stick around through out the season to see how you guys are doing.

Heh I normally argue about clubs being bigger than us - but I wont with Wolves - top club just needs the right management.

totally agree, can't understand anyone with an ounce of common sense believing that we are actually a bigger club than wolves, based totally on one season

madness.......despite are league position last season, we are still a small club in this divsion, but we are growing

Will do i strongly believe we will finish above you but we will both miss out on promotion. Thats my prediction and il stick around through out the season to see how you guys are doing.

Well, a big club like yours jolly well should finish above us really, what with the big ground, big fan base, big money, big ambitions... Just like Derby, Birmingham, Coventry, Notts Forest, Charlton, Sheffield Utd, Norwich, Sheffield Wednesday, etc etc.....the only thing I can predict is that once again a lot of fans of big clubs in the Championship will be moaning about our cr*ppy little club doing better than theirs again, and I'll be loving it!

Good luck next term Kidder, except against us of course.

Leaving aside the size debate!! :noexpression: :noexpression:

Back to Freddie; it appears that the move to Coventry failed due to payments owing/he perceives are owing from his contract at Wolves. Coventry it's reported tried to compromise, Wolves apparently wouldn't, so Freddie stays(for now).

I know it's a short career etc, but surely an arrangement would be in Freddie's best interests, so he could start afresh?

This has rumbled on since before the play-offs, and he was reported to be Coventry's top transfer target.

On that basis can't see GJ and SL contacting Big Mick or Mr Moxey to soon with a smouldering cheque book!!!

Archived