IGNORED

Ohh Membership Scheme Announced

cheshire_red

It does seem like an excellent and fair scheme.

My only slight concern is that this appears to supercede City Foundation members in terms of ticket priority, which seems a little harsh given ticket priority was a stated benefit of the Foundation scheme and the fact it costs £114 per year compared with £20 for the membership scheme.

I think the club should come out and clearly state if ticket priority is still a benefit of Foundation membership, as it was in the promotional application form they sent out.

It does seem like an excellent and fair scheme.

My only slight concern is that this appears to supercede City Foundation members in terms of ticket priority, which seems a little harsh given ticket priority was a stated benefit of the Foundation scheme and the fact it costs £114 per year compared with £20 for the membership scheme.

I think the club should come out and clearly state if ticket priority is still a benefit of Foundation membership, as it was in the promotional application form they sent out.

Agreed, definitely was a major benefit.

I welcome it.

Any cheaper and every "Tom Casual" would be in on it.

It shows the club are admitting they made massive mistakes over Wembley.

If it prevents the sort of heart-ache some of us had getting a ticket for the play-off final (or any other big game) it will be worth it.

Well done Colin Sexstone and everyone involved.

You can't say that on OTIB - remember where you are! Every silver lining must have a cloud. Especially where CS is concerned.

I think they're going to use these smartcards to monitor how we all respond to ticket price rises, so they can work out how high they can push ticket prices before they start losing money. And in future, there will be different ticket prices applying to each individual fan, because they'll know how far they can push each one of us.

Oh, and the smartcards will also secretly download all of your bank details and send them to the former finance minister of Nigeria.

The next generation of cards will emit high frequency radio signals that will counteract any brain signals that do not invovle going to the City shop and spending in excess of £50 every week. And each time a Premier Seat becomes free, a carefully selected individual will suddenly have a strange and inexplicable urge to ring up CS and enquire if there are any vacancies.

You have been warned ...

I welcome it.

Any cheaper and every "Tom Casual" would be in on it.

It shows the club are admitting they made massive mistakes over Wembley.

If it prevents the sort of heart-ache some of us had getting a ticket for the play-off final (or any other big game) it will be worth it.

It doesn't matter how many apply for it mate, what matters is how often the card is used, home and away during the season.

I fought pretty hard to keep the last membership scheme, but I was told by the club it was unfair, hey ho here we go again.

It doesn't actually state that you will get entry to the Dolman Bar with club membership, so I will assume that is not included unless anyone else out there knows different?

It doesn't actually state that you will get entry to the Dolman Bar with club membership, so I will assume that is not included unless anyone else out there knows different?

About time we had an EE bar :englandsmile4wf: Even if it was someone selling vaguely chilled alchoholic beverages from some sort of portakabin.

An excellent idea and not unlike the membership scheme that was introduced in the late 90's with the exception of it of course being a smartcard. It doesn't state, unless i've missed it, whether it keeps a track of away tickets bought, but I would hope it does as it would obviously recognise the exiles up and down the country who go to the games in their region.

Even if that is not a feature still an excellent initiative and i'll certainly be on board.

:winner_third_h4h:

That was then and this is now.

Spot the difference.

Current Foundation benefits

Yeah, I noticed that.

I don't think it's right to promote a scheme with one set of benefits and then alter them at a later date without a word.

I know it's impossible to cater for everyone's situation, but this was the one thing that allowed me to contribute to the club and secure a level of priority for tickets to games, as I don't get to nearly as many as I'd like due to my geographical location and coaching commitments.

One for the ST perhaps? ;)

As a student a lot of my friends can only afford the big match days, not week in and out like season ticket holders. Most of my mates save for things like Wembley, cup games, derbies etc - They are just as committed to City as every other fan. I hope this doesn't penlise them - I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket.

As a student a lot of my friends can only afford the big match days, not week in and out like season ticket holders. Most of my mates save for things like Wembley, cup games, derbies etc - They are just as committed to City as every other fan. I hope this doesn't penlise them - I'm lucky enough to be able to afford a season ticket.

Well for the price of 4 or 5 pints depending on where you drink, they can have membership and never need to miss out!

The membership scheme is more expensive than the Trust would have liked, but ultimately whether membership represents good value for individual supporters is a matter of personal opinion. As a bundled package of benefits, the new Bristol City membership scheme provides a range of benefits. To make it easy for supporters to assess what value these represent to them, we have created a 'Value for Money Calculator'.

If you are interested in knowing how the City membership scheme compares with those from other clubs, answering questions 8 to 16 on the Calculator will mean that you can get a full comparison between our scheme and those offered elsewhere when you click the output tab.

Trust article explaining the Membership Scheme Value for Money Calculator

Direct Link to the Value for Money Calculator

Well for the price of 4 or 5 pints depending on where you drink, they can have membership and never need to miss out!

I'm not sure that is true, surely it depends on how often you attend matches, home and away, ie purchase tickets for away games throguh the club? If not then it is wrong, very wrong, but I'm sure that is how it will work. Buying a membership but not attending games would surely be a fruitless exercise when it comes to the big match tickets.

• SC&T Board Members
Yeah, I noticed that.

I don't think it's right to promote a scheme with one set of benefits and then alter them at a later date without a word.

I know it's impossible to cater for everyone's situation, but this was the one thing that allowed me to contribute to the club and secure a level of priority for tickets to games, as I don't get to nearly as many as I'd like due to my geographical location and coaching commitments.

One for the ST perhaps? ;)

We addressed the removal of this benefit in our discussions with the club about the loyalty / membership scheme and suggested that as token compensation for its loss members of the Foundation and other supporters groups that had previously been included in the second priority tier got a few 'starter' loyalty points when they joined. However, this, along with a number of other suggestions we made (see here), has not been incorporated in the scheme at this stage.

We addressed the removal of this benefit in our discussions with the club about the loyalty / membership scheme and suggested that as token compensation for its loss members of the Foundation and other supporters groups that had previously been included in the second priority tier got a few 'starter' loyalty points when they joined. However, this, along with a number of other suggestions we made (see here), has not been incorporated in the scheme at this stage.

Fair enough.

That's appalling from the club, but thanks for trying.

Sorry Blagdon but ST Members paying £1 a month, or any membership fee shouldn't have got any Loyalty points at all, loyalty to what exactly? Same for SC members.

However, the club listed Priority as one of the benefits of joining the Foundation, a scheme introduced to help the club financially with monies paid directly to the club not a third party who set their own criteria, this should not be withdrawn under any circumatances. In fact the Trading Standards would have a field day with the club if the club refused members the right to cancel should this be the case.

• SC&T Board Members
Sorry Blagdon but ST Members paying £1 a month, or any membership fee shouldn't have got any Loyalty points at all, loyalty to what exactly? Same for SC members.

However, the club listed Priority as one of the benefits of joining the Foundation, a scheme introduced to help the club financially with monies paid directly to the club not a third party who set their own criteria, this should not be withdrawn under any circumatances. In fact the Trading Standards would have a field day with the club if the club refused members the right to cancel should this be the case.

I don't disagree. Our main reason for suggesting the 'starter' points was to give the club a way of compensating the members of their own Foundation scheme. From a purist angle, I agree that loyalty means attendance at games and nothing else.

I don't disagree. Our main reason for suggesting the 'starter' points was to give the club a way of compensating the members of their own Foundation scheme. From a purist angle, I agree that loyalty means attendance at games and nothing else.

I've contacted the club.

I don't feel it's right that a stated benefit of a scheme is withdrawn without any consultation or notification to its members.

In fact, I think it's very poor on their part.

I've contacted the club.

I don't feel it's right that a stated benefit of a scheme is withdrawn without any consultation or notification to its members.

In fact, I think it's very poor on their part.

Perhaps the way the Club should compensate Foundation Members is to auto enroll them to the Membership Scheme?

Archived