IGNORED

Ohh Membership Scheme Announced

cheshire_red

Perhaps the way the Club should compensate Foundation Members is to auto enroll them to the Membership Scheme?

That's one solution, certainly.

My suggestion would be to continue to give Foundation Members secondary priority. I'd imagine relatively few are in my position of not also being a season ticket holder, so it wouldn't affect many people, as the majority would have first priority anyway so wouldn't be waiting.

Foundation membership is £114.40 per annum, which equates to approximately 4 games plus the £20 membership card in terms of value. So if your suggestion was implemented, I'd advise preloading the cards with the equivalent points of attending 3 or 4 games per season.

That's one solution, certainly.

My suggestion would be to continue to give Foundation Members secondary priority. I'd imagine relatively few are in my position of not also being a season ticket holder, so it wouldn't affect many people, as the majority would have first priority anyway so wouldn't be waiting.

Foundation membership is £114.40 per annum, which equates to approximately 4 games plus the £20 membership card in terms of value. So if your suggestion was implemented, I'd advise preloading the cards with the equivalent points of attending 3 or 4 games per season.

From the conversations I've been involved in I sense that the driver from the Club's perspective is the desire to keep ticketing processes as simple as possible which is why I wonder whether making membership of the Membership Scheme a benefit of Foundation membership is the simple way to keep everyone happy. I've sent an email too so we'll see what comes of it.

Personally I'd be happy for a few extra loyalty points to be earned through Foundation membership too. I understand Blagdon Red's purist view but some loyalty points for putting money in the Club's coffers through other initiatives seems a pragmatic solution and incentive. Some of the £114.40 finds its way back to lucky winning members rather than all back to the Club which might have an impact on your formula.

I think the Club needs to put some meat on the bones of the loyalty aspect as soon as possible. It's understandable that for the first part of the season there isn't any real data and that loyalty will be evidenced over time. In the meantime, buying membership will get members priority so a member who has seen no games will get priority access over supporters like those described by b2x1y above.

I'd certainly be a bit unhappy if this got priority over Foundation members. I've been a Foundation member practically since the beginning. I play football most Saturdays so am unable to see City very much at all, plus I live in North Devon so it's a 200 mile round trip. Joining the Foundation was my way of putting some money into the club but also being able to get priority for big games (which usually happen at the end of my own season) was a little perk I liked. Saying that I will probably become a member as well just to put a little more money into the club!

19000 ish capacity - 13500 season ticket holders - 2.5-3000 away fans, = max of 3000 tickets up for grabs of which a large amount will be in the Williams stand at high prices. So all those fans with a memebership and I would say far more than tickets on offer are going to be disapointed. 13500 season ticket holders will I would imagine take up most AWAY allocation leaving nothing for the second and third tiers to fight over, Might seem a great idea but showing the interest of BCFC fans last season this season is going to be harder to get a ticket

Archived