IGNORED

Garner Off To Forest

Mr Ed

http://www.thisisnottinghamforest.co.uk/ne...ik78795059.aspx

Nottingham Evening Post reporting that Joe Garner is moving from Carlisle for £500k. Will probably increase the Tyson speculation.

Forest remember are a peg or two behind us in the recovery cycle... Garner is not quite good enough for us these days my babber.

p.s. Neither is Tyson I prey.

Dam! that's a lad i wished city signed :ermm::ermm::ermm:

He did look quality before he was injured but although an ACL reconstruction isn't career ending these days it can still affect a player - Owen for example is never going to reach the heights he could have due to the same problem.

He did look quality before he was injured but although an ACL reconstruction isn't career ending these days it can still affect a player - Owen for example is never going to reach the heights he could have due to the same problem.

true.

I guess it's down to age and at 20 garner has time to heal quicker than say owen, it will be interesting to

see how he does though.

Lets hope that Norwich don't get their silly money through in time to out bid us on this.

No way is Tyson going to stay at Forest with all these strikers coming in, lets get him in. I know opinion is divided, but I think he'd give us something we haven't got right now.

Lets hope that Norwich don't get their silly money through in time to out bid us on this.

No way is Tyson going to stay at Forest with all these strikers coming in, lets get him in. I know opinion is divided, but I think he'd give us something we haven't got right now.

What's that then? A partner for Brooker in the physio room? :dunno:

No thanks, better options out there. Good signing for Forest though at that price.

Electric pace and goals?

What strikers did you have in mind as other options? Must have pace and be able to finish.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Yes he has pace, but his injury record is shocking and doesn't justify such a hefty fee. If he was a free then I'd be in favour but its another gargantuan waste of money.

9 goals in 26 appearances last season in the league below is shite and not what we need, not only in goals per games but also the fact he missed half a season for the third time in his career.

He's got no experience at this level asides from a few brief appearances for a youngster for Reading. Yet another fact that hardly sets my pulse racing. His pedigree is also non-existent.

He's a mark up on Christian Roberts in my book. Quick, direct, not a goalscorer, beseiged by problems yet somehow deemed good enough for us.

Who's better? Nicky Maynard every single time for me. Pace, calmness in front of goal, and superb goalscoring prospect. Still, what do I know asides from sounding like a broken record? :dunno:

What's that then? A partner for Brooker in the physio room? :dunno:

No thanks, better options out there. Good signing for Forest though at that price.

Injuries come and go Tin - who knows when they're going to happen!

That's why people have medicals before the deal is done! Get what you're saying, but just because he didn't play much last year doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

Real pace up front is something we're lacking, that's what I meant!

Injuries come and go Tin - who knows when they're going to happen!

That's why people have medicals before the deal is done! Get what you're saying, but just because he didn't play much last year doesn't mean it's going to happen again.

Real pace up front is something we're lacking, that's what I meant!

He's been at Forest nearly 3 seasons now, since midway through 05-06, yet he's only made 64 starts in that time. An average of just over 21 starts a season.

That doesn't only say that he's failed to even complete a whole half season in that time but also suggests to me that he is more injury prone than your average Joe.

Sorry but those are the facts. Seems I'm fighting a lone battle in not wanting him here. :bruce_h4h:

The fact is though, we do not have a pacey striker and need one. It's all about golf clubs in the bag remember!

Tyson is fit at the moment and bagged a few goals in April for Forest. If he is fit (and he would have to pass a medical) then his overall career scoring record suggests he will get goals. Also, in my opinon pace like his is an asset at almost any level of football. It's the kind of pace that makes defenders sh1t themselves and makes teams sit deep. Against ageing defences in this league that could be a real asset to have.

As for Maynard , also no experience at this level so would equally be a gamble. He's not as quick as Tyson and also only made 28 appearances last season, so I'm guessing he was crocked at some point as well.

I'm not doubting he's a good prospect but at what price?

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Yes he has pace, but his injury record is shocking and doesn't justify such a hefty fee. If he was a free then I'd be in favour but its another gargantuan waste of money.

9 goals in 26 appearances last season in the league below is shite and not what we need, not only in goals per games but also the fact he missed half a season for the third time in his career.

He's got no experience at this level asides from a few brief appearances for a youngster for Reading. Yet another fact that hardly sets my pulse racing. His pedigree is also non-existent.

He's a mark up on Christian Roberts in my book. Quick, direct, not a goalscorer, beseiged by problems yet somehow deemed good enough for us.

Who's better? Nicky Maynard every single time for me. Pace, calmness in front of goal, and superb goalscoring prospect. Still, what do I know asides from sounding like a broken record? :dunno:

The fact is though, we do not have a pacey striker and need one. It's all about golf clubs in the bag remember!

Correct.

Tyson is fit at the moment and bagged a few goals in April for Forest. If he is fit (and he would have to pass a medical) then his overall career scoring record suggests he will get goals. Also, in my opinon pace like his is an asset at almost any level of football. It's the kind of pace that makes defenders sh1t themselves and makes teams sit deep. Against ageing defences in this league that could be a real asset to have.

Again, correct but on that basis why don't we just go and get Christian Roberts back then? He offered us plenty of pace but what did he actually do with it? Surely there's other equally quick strikers out there that would 'scare the shit' out of defenders?

As for Maynard , also no experience at this level so would equally be a gamble. He's not as quick as Tyson and also only made 28 appearances last season, so I'm guessing he was crocked at some point as well.

Maynard's far less of a gamble mate. He broke his leg on the opening day last season but still scored over a goal every other game notching 15 in 25 starts at the same level as Tyson. Not only is he a better goalscorer but also would offer us pace.

I'm not doubting he's a good prospect but at what price?

Crewe have said they're willing to listen to offers around the £1m mark which is less than what Forest want for Tyson.

This is irrelevant anyway seeing as GJ doesn't seem to fancy Maynard for whatever unknown reason. I was simply providing one of undoubtedly many better options than Tyson but nobody will listen, a bit like what I was saying about Trundle last summer.

Those are facts and the last thing I shall say on it. I promise. :innocent06:

But you have to qualify that by saying that he played under Colin Calderwood who we know is hardly the most adventurous of managers.

I've seen Tyson a few times as an impartial observer and whilst he's not a natural finisher, I'd say he is reasonable, and his pace can frighten the life out of defenders.

Not facts, your opinion!

If Crewe are willing to let Maynard go for a mill then I am amazed he hasn't already been sold IF he's that good.

What's his attitude like? We know Tyson works his ass off on the pitch.

Norwich and us in for Tyson, who's in for Maynard? No-one.

Forest after Helguson according to this

The Sentinel, which covers crewe as well as Sjoke, reported Crewe were looking for £1.5m for Maynard (personally I reckon they'll want more but they are in deep financial trouble again). I've seen him about 20 times in the last few years, I'd buy him but rumour has it we're not targetting anyone under 23 for some reason. Remember, the vast vast majority brought through Crewe's Academy have been schooled properly on and off the pitch.

Not facts, your opinion!

If Crewe are willing to let Maynard go for a mill then I am amazed he hasn't already been sold IF he's that good.

What's his attitude like? We know Tyson works his ass off on the pitch.

Norwich and us in for Tyson, who's in for Maynard? No-one.

Actually, PhatWill is wrong! Those statistics regarding Maynard and Tyson are brought from www.soccerbase.com and I suggest you check them out before dismissing them as my opinions.

I was only quoting a rough figure for what I heard Crewe were asking for Maynard but it's still in the same region as what Forest are asking for Tyson anyway so why split hairs over it? As I've said before, there's nothing to suggest we're in for him so it's totally irrelevant anyway.

As Cheshire Red says, Crewe have a rep for schooling their boys well on and off the pitch.

Actually, PhatWill is wrong! Those statistics regarding Maynard and Tyson are brought from www.soccerbase.com and I suggest you check them out before dismissing them as my opinions.

I wasn't disputing the appearances / goals stats - I quoted Maynards appearances to you in my previous post!

But the majority of your post was opinion and the way you said 'those are the facts' made it look like you were claiming your entire post to be fact when it's opinion!

Anyway, the crux is you think Maynard would be a better option. I'm suprised no-one's in for him that's all. It suggests he's not quite ready for C'ship football yet.

I agree that i would rather have maynard! But there is not a chance that he will be sold for anything less than 1.5-2 million! whereas tyson will give us the pace we've been crying out for, for about 850 thousand!!

Quotes i have read about Meteb say that Al-Ahly want all the money up front to try and sign someone else to replace him

Quotes from Forrest say Agogo's deal to Zamalek has fallen through, and that they have a few offers from the middle east, he wont return to forrest, and will conclude a deal later this week.

Al-Ahly are prob the biggest club in middle east

Are Al-Ahly trying to get the cash up front from us so they can secure the signature of Agogo from forrest??

Just a thought, are we in a international football property chain??

i reckon there sould be something in that

I agree that i would rather have maynard! But there is not a chance that he will be sold for anything less than 1.5-2 million! whereas tyson will give us the pace we've been crying out for, for about 850 thousand!!

Then we'll need to spend at least that again next year when we realise he isn't the right man. I was right about Trundle not being the right man last summer, as much as I like the guy, and I dare say I'll be right about this as well.

We could've saved all the money that's been wasted down the years on various strikers and got two or three real top notch ones this summer. I'd have been happy with Maynard, Vokes and Phillips. That would've been a real signal of intent to our rivals.

You don't want tyson

He reminds me of a baby stalk, lots of pace however no cleverness on the ball

Saying that it's been a while since I've seen him however I thought you'd be more attractive than a club like Forest at the moment after last season. They will struggle in my opinion.

Hold out for a better player

Then we'll need to spend at least that again next year when we realise he isn't the right man. I was right about Trundle not being the right man last summer, as much as I like the guy, and I dare say I'll be right about this as well.

We could've saved all the money that's been wasted down the years on various strikers and got two or three real top notch ones this summer. I'd have been happy with Maynard, Vokes and Phillips. That would've been a real signal of intent to our rivals.

Bit harsh on Trundle he played a key role (35+ games) in the best ever season City have had since you or I have been watching them! Of course he didn't get as many goals as we'd have liked. But towards the end of the season he rose his game and formed a decent partnership with Adebola. Ever since he ditched his bitch he's looked much better in fact.

Also I remember when I told you we'd signed Adebola you said something along the lines of 'absolutely terrible news' and he went on to get a few more goals than you predicted I think!

FACT is Tins, we are still relative small fry in this league when it comes to signing players. SL does not spend beyond the means of the club and there are probably a dozen 'bigger' clubs in this league than us.

Well personally I will be very happy when Tyson signs. He wants to come here, we want him and Forest are recruiting replacements. Its looks like it going to happen.

If we sign the Egptian guy as well then we have a number of options with Tyson (quick, direct) Metab (goal scorer, all rounder) Adebola (target man) Trundle (skillful, creative), personally I think that this would be a great array of strikers.

Under Scmit and Johnsons stewardship Tyson would be fitter than he has ever been and a fit confident Tyson with his pace will scare the crap out of this division and score goals.

Archived