IGNORED

Garner Off To Forest

Mr Ed

Bit harsh on Trundle he played a key role (35+ games) in the best ever season City have had since you or I have been watching them! Of course he didn't get as many goals as we'd have liked. But towards the end of the season he rose his game and formed a decent partnership with Adebola. Ever since he ditched his bitch he's looked much better in fact.

Not at all harsh. He's paid thousands of pounds a week to score goals and he didn't produce enough of that, though I think it definately didn't help with him being in and out of the team, shunted behind the front man, on his own or down the right week after week.

Also I remember when I told you we'd signed Adebola you said something along the lines of 'absolutely terrible news' and he went on to get a few more goals than you predicted I think!

Didn't say terrible. I said we should be going for Ebanks-Blake and look what he did. I said Dele was a shortsighted signing and that people should not expect him to be the goalscoring messiah to fire us to promotion. Despite a good return, I was right.

FACT is Tins, we are still relative small fry in this league when it comes to signing players. SL does not spend beyond the means of the club and there are probably a dozen 'bigger' clubs in this league than us.

Fact is mate, I know what sort of money we had available to spend last season and have this season. You should know how I know that by now so it is there to become at least a decent sized fish in this pond.

I grow frustrated with the striker situation, like anyone else, as we need to get the right one in that's worth sticking with for the forseeable future now, not chopping and changing again in January, next summer or whenever. I don't see Tyson as that man.

Before we know it, we'd have tried 50 strikers in GJ's tenure here by the end of next season, which should set alarm bells ringing (in moderation of course) amongst any supporter, and we'll be having the same debate we've been having for the last few years! It's like bloody Groundhog Day with this theme being regurgitated time and again on here and it will be till we get someone we're all happy with.

Well personally I will be very happy when Tyson signs. He wants to come here, we want him and Forest are recruiting replacements. Its looks like it going to happen.

If we sign the Egptian guy as well then we have a number of options with Tyson (quick, direct) Metab (goal scorer, all rounder) Adebola (target man) Trundle (skillful, creative), personally I think that this would be a great array of strikers.

Under Scmit and Johnsons stewardship Tyson would be fitter than he has ever been and a fit confident Tyson will scare the crap out of this division and score goals.

Tyson would do nothing of the sort. He just wond score goals in the Championship I'm afraid.

This division has seen far far better forwards than him who haven't managed to scare the crap out of it.

Tyson would do nothing of the sort. He just wond score goals in the Championship I'm afraid.

This division has seen far far better forwards than him who haven't managed to scare the crap out of it.

And what is that based on. I know he was at Reading as a youngster, but thats a good few years back now. Forest fans seem quite keen on keeping him, so there must be something about the lad.

Archived